Lou's Appearance At Howell Nj

point

Lou Lamoriello spoke to a group of business people this morning at a restaurant in Howell. He shed some light on the original CAA lease dispute with the NJSEA, refered to the politicians in Trenton as full of sh!t ( to the delight of the audience), admitted to making a mistake in an unidentified trade a few years ago which he still regrets, and displayed extreme personal rectitude. He is a very likeable guy. But don't ever expect to go out and have a beer with him. He doesn't even drink at home in front of his (full grown) children, or when in public places like restaurants.

Didn't the Quint trade get rid of Odelein? If so that's not a mistake in my book.

Yes, but I think Lou thought he was getting something back.

I remember when he suspended Quint he said he thought he had done due diligence on his background & that his problems were resolved, it sounded like he felt he had made a mistake.

Maybe he wasn't looking at it as addition by subtraction.

I have to agree w/ ROck...that trade worked out just fine...DEVINTIELY an addition by subtraction thing... the fact that we thought Lou have a live body was just icing on the cake, we al expected a 12th round pick!!!

Maybe Lou thought it was a personal failure (i.e., he thought he had done his homework & he turned out to be wrong).

admitted to making a mistake in an unidentified trade a few years ago which he still regrets

Quint

Haha NO WAY, that was a good trade just because we subtracted Slowdelein!!

Odie = NO CUP

No Odie - CUP :D

I figure he would regret Mitchell for that pylon O'Donnell before he'd regret Odie/Quint.

He was probably referiing to the Steve Sullivan, Jason Smith, Alyn McCauley trade for Doug Gilmour and Doug Bodger (I think it was)

I would have gone that far back if i had to, but since it was said 'last few years' i was trying to refer to trades in the past 2-3 years at most.

Wasn't that deal in 1997? (and it was Dave Ellett, not Bodger :puke: Not like either did jack for us lol)

Lou said the trade that was a mistake eventually resulted in the player he shipped out signing a $6,000,000 contract (per year probably). I asked wat the trade was and he just laughed.

I sat with him and he was very nice. When Game 6 v. the Rag$ in '94 was brought up, I mentioned Chorske hitting the post in the second as the major point of that game......Lou mentioned Guering turning the puck over at center ice directly resulting in of Cro-Magnum man's goals as the big point.

Lou said the trade that was a mistake eventually resulted in the player he shipped out signing a $6,000,000 contract (per year probably). I asked wat the trade was and he just laughed.

I sat with him and he was very nice. When Game 6 v. the Rag$ in '94 was brought up, I mentioned Chorske hitting the post in the second as the major point of that game......Lou mentioned Guering turning the puck over at center ice directly resulting in of Cro-Magnum man's goals as the big point.

OK, now I'm trying to think which player he shipped out signed a $6 million-per-year contract.

Gilmour signed for that much but he was a FA, not shipped out.

Arnott got something in the range of over $6 million total for 2 years, not per year.

Claude probably signed for about 6 million over a few years with the Avs the first time.

I'm stumped. Who am I forgetting?

I figured it was the Claude/Thomas trade. Does anyone think Lou would lose sleep over Lyle Odelein? Would YOU lose sleep over him?

I never thought he lost sleep over Slodelein leaving. I just remember how upset he was over mis-judging the depth of Quint's personal issues. He really felt he missed the boat with that one, that's all.

I asked him if he took LHRB's signing with the Rag$ personally....knowing of course what his answer would be....., he replied, "no, you can't take it personally".

I asked if he wished he'd traded him for Marleau, and Lou said that was never a trade possibility, and that he needed LHRB to win last year.

Claims LHRB is a "great" person. (Wonder what LHRB thinks of him).

He also said that Sykora for Friesen/Tvo would NOT have happened if LHRB had signed.

Also, he said Mogilny called him up begging for Lou to match Toronto's offer, and Lou told him to immediatley hang up and accept Toronto's $$. :evilcry:

Also, he said Mogilny called him up begging for Lou to match Toronto's offer, and Lou told him to immediatley hang up and accept Toronto's $$. :evilcry:

That reminds me of when Chambers was negotiating with Lou as a UFA and Dallas offered what wwas big $$$ at the time. Lou told Chambers to take the money before Dallas pulled it off the table.