Banner Ceremony

poisler

Overall, the ceremony was well done. They kept it short and sweet with a quick video recap, then the banner raising. Joe didn't take part in it, but no one really expected him to even though he had the option.

The game itself was good. The crowd went nuts when the Devs evened it up with 2 seconds to go. The Devils played well, but they started to fall apart in the second. But, they managed to catch themselves and had a strong third. Overtime was real fun to watch. They had a number of really good chances but just couldn't get it past Eddie, who had a real strong game.

Anyway, here are the pics... enjoy.

http://www.pucknews.com/photos/2003_10_16/

those orange mercedes ads are so awful

they're very distracting and need to be removed. I hope enough people complain about it.

I think there was someone behind me bitching about those. Then she went on to bitch about the 9/11 ribbons being removed. I thought that was rather odd of her. How long are you gonna keep those there? :noclue:

9/11 ribbons weren't even there last season, why would they be there this season?

Some arenas had them...but like you said, I don't remember them at CAA. So either that lady hadn't been to a game last season or went to another arena and saw them. MSG might have had them. Not sure.

9/11 ribbons weren't even there last season, why would they be there this season?

Some arenas had them...but like you said, I don't remember them at CAA. So either that lady hadn't been to a game last season or went to another arena and saw them. MSG might have had them. Not sure.

You're right, a few teams still had them, I think probably teams like the Caps, Rangers, maybe even LA Kings? CAA didn't have them though...

those ads were very ugly and do need to go, it almost makes the ice look cheap, and as for the ribbons they have been gone for a while, but they could always hang up something to appease the fans, and remember everyone

As for the ads, if they distract the players, they will be removed quickly, otherwise I can't imagine CAA removing them because members at njdevs.com forums dislike them :saddevil:

As for the ribbons, that was my bad. I mis-read what sammy typed, and thought there was something to the effect of them being there still. Sorry!

EDIT: Oh, and I agree about some thing hanging or whatever for 9/11. No need to get rid of everything for good. It did only happen 2 years ago

Edited by njdevils_info

I'm another one against the ads...but can't really blame the Devils I suppose. Gotta pay the bills and it was only a matter of time before the ice was for sale too <_<

And annoying ads may make you notice them, but they're not more likely to make you buy the product IMO, if anything they might turn some people off. But I'm not an advertising agent, I guess it helps :rolleyes:

They bothered me at first, but to be honest I didn't really notice them as much as the game progressed.

Anyone else noticed the NICE upgrade on the Mercedes Score-O though? Also a huge change of rules too -- no one under 18 can take part in the game anymore. I guess you don't have to be 21 to win the car now (that was a dumb rule...I probably would have had more motivation to shoot the puck in the net last season had I had the opportunity to win the car instead of the dumb bike).

Where were the ribbons at CAA?  Cause I didn't notice them behind the net

The ribbons have been gone for a little while now.

During the pre-game show they were showing flashbacks to last years playoffs, and it looks like we did indeed have the ribbons...made me remember something though. I remember not seeing them in last years home opener and wondering about it, then seeing them later on. I guess they were added during the season. :noclue:

There were these annoying old ladies behind me who did not stop talking at all. They kept going "Ooh look!!! It's Joe Nieuwendyk.....and WOW...there's Scott Stevens!!!" Then after a few hits I hear, "Come on now, that's not very nice!!! That man should have tried to take the puck. That violent play was not necessary!!!" :lol: