2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Sparano called plays for the 2006 cowboys, and that was a very good offense

schottenheimer was very inconsistent as OC...sort of like his father in alot of ways. Occasionally he'd surprise you with something clever...but towards the end it was getting very predictable. I can't see it being any worse with Sparano.

You know the expectations for the Jets offense isn't through the roof. We aren't supposed to be the saints. If we're average, and the defense plays like a top 5 defense...they'll be in the playoffs. I think Tony Sparano can produce average.

Sparano called plays for the 2006 cowboys, and that was a very good offense

schottenheimer was very inconsistent as OC...sort of like his father in alot of ways. Occasionally he'd surprise you with something clever...but towards the end it was getting very predictable. I can't see it being any worse with Sparano.

..the Sparano bashing has all the presentation of Thanksgiving @ Burger King. :noclue: There's really no rhyme or reason to it, nor anything to base it off of. (other than 2 preseason games.. which I know speaks VOLUMES)

The Jets offense was ranked 26th last season.. and for the 6 years under Schottenheimer, we statistically averaged the 21st ranked offense in the NFL. Meanwhile, the Dolphins ranked 7th in the league last season in plays that were 20 yards or more, and (since 2008) Miami has statistically had a better offense than the Jets, year after year after year.. --and they did it with Chad Henne, Matt Moore, JP Losman, Tyler Thigpen, & Chad Pennington!

As bad as Hunter is, ⅗ of that line are still Probowlers. Once the Jets address RT in the coming days, the o'line will be the best Sparano's ever had to work with. Couple that w/Holmes, Sanchez, Keller, Greene, and Tebow & the Wildcat.. the offense will be fine.

the offense will be fine.

I commend your optimism, but I don't share it. I see some criticism of Sparano in this thread, but it's Tannenbaum who deserves the heat. He hasn't fixed this offensive line since releasing Faneca. Shonn Greene is not a #1 back, and Tannenbaum brought in no one to compete with him in camp. And now, for the receivers ... again, Tannenbaum brought in nobody, deciding to rely on a rookie to be a starter. These appear to be terrible moves/non-moves.

But let's see what happens.

I commend your optimism, but I don't share it. I see some criticism of Sparano in this thread, but it's Tannenbaum who deserves the heat. He hasn't fixed this offensive line since releasing Faneca. Shonn Greene is not a #1 back, and Tannenbaum brought in no one to compete with him in camp. And now, for the receivers ... again, Tannenbaum brought in nobody, deciding to rely on a rookie to be a starter. These appear to be terrible moves/non-moves.

Jerry, I'm not saying we're going to have a Top 10 offense.. but you think we're going to be ranked 26th again? :noclue: Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see it.

This season will go a long way in defining this administration. The top achievement of the current regime is the 2 AFC Championship games. (which they've taken plenty of bows for) If they make it back to the Final Four this year, then last season was the hickup. However, should they sh!t the bed again this year.. then 2009 & 2010 become ancient history. I agree with you about Tannenbaum.. but as much as I love Rex, he needs some blame here Jerry. He's trying to win a Superbowl on defense alone, and only 3 teams in NFL history have ever done that. It becomes more apparent to me every season, how little he cares about the offense. We've been DESPERATE for a RT for the last 2 seasons.. but he still made damn sure he took Coples with the #1. Meanwhile the WR situation is a complete joke. (and that's on Tannenbaum)

Schottenheimer was last years sacrificial lamb. A failed season this time around, and it'll be Tannenbaum. But make no mistake about it, after Mr. T, Rex is ahead of Sparano on the hit list.

I don't know what happened to Tannenbaum. He's screwin' the pooch. Everyone and their brother knew Wayne Hunter was terrible after last season.

This. We all knew that Hunter was not good, and aside from that attempt to land the busted-up Carolina Panthers lineman, the problem was ignored. How can a GM do that when his team expects to contend?

Wow, I feel bad for Sanchez. If there has ever been a good QB just set up for failure it is him.

The Jets WR's just plain suck. Holmes is at best a third receiver and Hill has no courage or hands. Now Keller is hurt.

that's a tad presumptuous. Holmes has caught as many as 79 in a season before....3 receivers usually catch 30-40. Hill had one deflect off his hands but he's also had some nice receptions...also he's a rookie. Also...IT'S PRE SEASON. And Kellers injury didn't look all that bad

Edited by '7'

People may laugh at what I'm about to say, but this offense is beginning to click. Tonight's game was night and day from the first 2, even with not scoring a TD. The pass protection was the best it's ever been.. the touchdowns will come. Lou Piniella had a great quote I always reference; "Statistics are like bikinis. They show alot.. but not everything." --that was Sanchez tonight. He finished the game 11/18, with 1 pick, and 120 yrds.. but he should've been 16/18.. 1 TD, and zero interceptions. As a quarterback, I think he himself looks much better than he's ever looked. I honestly feel more confident about the offense after today.

Meanwhile.. any hope of a "controversy" from the Tebow faithful, has taken an utter beating throughout these last 3 games. Tebow's completed 13 passes on nearly 40 attempts this preseason. :unsure: He is so bad as a passer, he makes Caleb Hanie look like the second coming of Peyton Manning. I have never seen a QB in my life be this inaccurate. And yet, somehow (after having said all of that) the dude's got nearly 90 yrds on 11 carries. It's truly mind-numbing, in every sense of the word. I don't know if Tim Tebow the quarterback has any place on a football team in the NFL. (let alone the team I root for) However, what I do know, is that Tim Tebow the FOOTBALL PLAYER makes the Jets a better team. Whether it's as a RB, TE, WR, utility player, whatever.. he brings delirium to opposing teams defenses. Depending on how he's deployed, he could have a 1,000 yrd rushing season with the Jets.

Other things worth mentioning from these last 3 games..

*Coples; 3 games.. 3 sacks.. 2 forced fumbles. We got ourselves a winner here gentlemen.. and the sky's the limit.

*Greene; 100 yrds on 29 carries. He will benefit the most from Tony Sparano.

*Hill; The kid needs to have better hands. No excuse(s) of "rookie year" either.

*Landry; wow.. just wow.

*Holmes; It's a real shame upper management chose him over Braylon.

The most positive development from this game has been Austin Howard. He's looked fantastic out there.

..absolutely. @ 6 ft 7, 330 lbs.. his upside could be huge.

Edited by Beezer34

kinda surprised that the jets havnt brought in either cooley owens ocho or someone to help there struggling offense yet

ocho? seriously? he headbutted his wife

Owens...meh. Doesn't seem like the troublemaker he used to be but I would want Gaffney instead

Cooley doesn't seem to want to play for anybody else but the Deadskins

The Jets have 6 million still left in salary cap space.. and I think the plan is to use it AFTER roster cuts.

By Friday teams have to drop from 80 players to 53. Why not wait until your divisional opponents shed some talent, and kill 2 birds with 1 stone? Sign a player to fill a need, and pump them for intel in the process. Take the Pats for example.. they are absolutely loaded with offensive talent, and they need to cut nearly 30 players in less than 48 hours. I thought it was glutinous of them to sign both Shiancoe & Ballard with Hernandez & Gronkowski already locked up. But with Fells playing as good as he's been played, odds are Shiancoe will be looking for a job come Friday. Fasano might be looking for a job come Friday!! In fact.. if Monday morning comes around and Shiancoe & Woodhead are both Jets, I would not be surprised in the least.

After going through OTA's, playbooks, practices, and 4 preseason games.. that's alot of information to leak to another team no?

The Jets have 6 million still left in salary cap space.. and I think the plan is to use it AFTER roster cuts.

By Friday teams have to drop from 80 players to 53. Why not wait until your divisional opponents shed some talent, and kill 2 birds with 1 stone? Sign a player to fill a need, and pump them for intel in the process. Take the Pats for example.. they are absolutely loaded with offensive talent, and they need to cut nearly 30 players in less than 48 hours. I thought it was glutinous of them to sign both Shiancoe & Ballard with Hernandez & Gronkowski already locked up. But with Fells playing as good as he's been played, odds are Shiancoe will be looking for a job come Friday. Fasano might be looking for a job come Friday!! In fact.. if Monday morning comes around and Shiancoe & Woodhead are both Jets, I would not be surprised in the least.

After going through OTA's, playbooks, practices, and 4 preseason games.. that's alot of information to leak to another team no?

Fasano would be a PERFECT fit for the Jets. Big tight end with soft hands and a tremendous blocker