2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Crazy game but when you think about it...the Jets and Fish only play games like this. 9-6 Giants/Bears circa 1986 doesn't happen here

The Wildcat was utterly useless today.

Don't know how to evaluate Sanchez. When he made good throws, they were dropped (hill had like 4 drops before he pulled up lame) When he had guys open he overthew them. And he had his usual "well i'm under pressure so let's just shot put the ball into 3 dolphin linebackers)

Shonn Greene....useless. Maybe still banged up who know. But he had no burst today

Powell looked decent at times. Nothing too impressive though, but he looks like a competent back

Was McKnight used at all today to run the ball. Maybe a speed guy around end could've helped?

If Hill doesn't start catching passes he becomes Ted Ginn without the special teams prowess.

Holmes was awesome. Really the Jets only consistent threat to catch the ball...and he draws a ton of PI when he doesn't give up on his routes

Kerley has that burning speed and made a nice 66 yard catch and run

Cumberland is no Keller, but he's competent. Sanchez needs Keller

Special teams was fine. Yea that one FG was blocked but it didn't count :rolleyes:

Jets went ahead 20-17 and needed to stop tannenhill to win the game. They didn't give up a TD. But you can't let a rookie qb with meh receivers drive down the field and tie the game. Make a big stop!

Revis, who knows. I'm expected the worst.

Not going to say much regarding this game, because the Jets certainly didn't deserve to win it. The Dolphins did everything in their power to lose this game, and they managed to do it with flying colors.

The only big positive I took from today, is the same positive I've been taking since preseason.. Howard\Smith and the OL. They look amazing, and I'd argue that this may be the deepest our offensive line has ever been under Ryan. When your quarterback drops back to throw 50 times, and gets sacked only once.. you got yourself a damn good o'line. The problem in why our offense isn't doing anything has nothing to do with the o'line, and everything to do with our lack of weapons. This WR corp. is probably the thinnest it's ever been. Kerley's inconsistent, Holmes is a headcase, and Hill can't catch. Moreover, there's absolutely no running game to help Sanchez.. and his favorite target, Dustin Keller, can't stay on the field.

With ample cap space still remaining.. if the Jets can make a Braylon Edwards type trade to get an offensive playmaker, we may be in good shape down the stretch. But if the team decides to live and die by the current components set in play, we will continue to squeak out these types of wins.

Oops. Revis out for the Season!!!

he hasn't even had the MRI yet...how scumbaggish of you to cheerlead this.

though I wouldn't doubt it's an ACL. can you cool your heels a little bit, i know you're giddy your adopted ravens won(why you chose that bandwagon over pitt i'll never know)

Edited by '7'

A win is a win

gymg9.gif

If you're asking me how I feel this game reflects on the Jets' chances going forward, well, it doesn't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling. Hopefully they can execute better in future games... Sanchez, specifically. Although, in fairness to Sanchez, I'm not sure I've ever seen so many dropped passes. Even if a lot of the throws weren't perfect, in a "normal" game, many/most of them get caught.

I can't remember an uglier victory by the Jets. I don't care it was the Dolphins. I don't care if the Dolphins missed two field goals, I don't care if the Dolphins made several big mistakes. Losing Revis is a humongous blow, and the Jets still had trouble running the ball. Still, gotta give Sanchez credit for making plays at the end after a long, horrible day. This was his 10th career 4th quarter comeback and 12th game winning drive. Tebow and all his nut-hugging disciples can go eat dicks. Tebow ruined the offensive flow on several occasions, especially in the red zone. Holmes played like the beast he needed to be, Kerley made some big plays. Hill needs to be better, but we'll give him the rookie mulligan. They needed this bad, and they need to get their sh!t together quick with SF and Houston coming to town.

though I wouldn't doubt it's an ACL. can you cool your heels a little bit, i know you're giddy your adopted ravens won(why you chose that bandwagon over pitt i'll never know)

Don't blame me, blame NFL Network who reported it last night.

A win is a win. I don't care it was the Dolphins. I don't care if the Dolphins missed two field goals, I don't care if the Dolphins made several big mistakes. Still, gotta give Sanchez credit for making plays at the end after a long, horrible day. This was his 10th career 4th quarter comeback and 12th game winning drive.

After a night of watching SNY, NFL, ESPN, the one thing that is bothering me a little is the disrespect the Jets are getting.

Yeah.. we got lucky yesterday, big time! But when is a win not a win in the NFL? :noclue: There's no style points in this league last time I check.. and if I'm Rex, I use the *us against the world* mentality to motivate my guys. Did the Jets deserve to win the game? --no. But are we the first team ever to win a game that we probably shouldn't have won?

Tuna always said; "you are what your record says you are". Well the Jets are 2-1, #1 in the Division, with a game and a half lead over the Pats. Let's enjoy it!

I think the disrespect for the Jets is blowback from the hype that the organization has failed to live up to during the Ryan regime.

Factor in the addtional hype (the non-football decision) with Tebow (to sell PSL's and merchandise) and you have a certain "told you so media environment" that considers the Jets as a "clown car" franchise.

When the Jets beat someone competitive then you might see the team getting more respect.

I think the disrespect for the Jets is blowback from the hype that the organization has failed to live up to during the Ryan regime.

Factor in the addtional hype (the non-football decision) with Tebow (to sell PSL's and merchandise) and you have a certain "told you so media environment" that considers the Jets as a "clown car" franchise.

When the Jets beat someone competitive then you might see the team getting more respect.

i totally agree w.this line of thought. the jets are perceived as clownish due 2 the sb predictions from fat rex. until theywin a championship theyll always b viewed as a failed organziation

A: you can apologize at anytime. Wasn't being "scumbaggish" just reporting what I had heard and is now confirmed. .....Bandwagon??? Why are you just hearing now of my Raven affiliation? I have been a Raven's fan since they moved to Baltimore with Vinny T at QB. The fact that my brother is the biggest Steeler fan in the world, solified my affliation.

Edited by MantaRay

the jets are perceived as clownish due 2 the sb predictions from fat rex. until theywin a championship theyll always b viewed as a failed organziation

I really can't call the Jets a failed organization.. and that's not just because I'm a fan either. Are they in the same class as the Patriots\Steelers\Packers? --no. But when you're talking about a team that's had only 3 losing seasons since 1997, and has played 15 playoff games in that timeframe, 3 of them Championship games, it's difficult to sell me on the fact that they're categorized as "failed". Perhaps if we rolled the clock back to when it was the 70's & 80's you could make that argument, but not now. Not over the last 15 years anyway.

When it comes to success, I consider the New England Patriots right at the top of the list. It'd be fair to say they've "lived up to their hype" since 2009 wouldn't you say? Conference Championship, Superbowl appearance, 3 Division titles, etc. And yet over the past 3 years BB & Brady have won 38 regular season games. Rex & Sanchez have won 30. BB & Brady have played in 5 playoff games, winning 2. Rex & Sanchez have played in 6, winning 4. The Pats have played in 2 Championship games.. the Jets have played in 2 Championship games. -you get my point?

How have the Jets not "lived up to the hype" of the Ryan regime, when under Ryan they've been undoubtedly successful? Since Rex Ryan broke into the NFL, he has been one of the most accomplished Head Coaches in the league. He's missed the playoffs only once, he's never finished the season under .500, and his defense finishes top 5 every year. Yet, he gets points deducted for not winning a Superbowl in 3 years?! :noclue: I don't buy it.

I think the media wants the Jets to fail, because they want the Tebow thing to fail. They want Tebow coverage. They want to see Tebow in a larger role, and on the Jets, that's not going to happen.

Edited by Beezer34

That or trade for a corner...Jabari Greer perhaps

If they go the trade route, I could see Sheldon Brown. Cleveland has always been good trade partners with us, plus they're going to be sellers come the trade deadline. Brown is a perfect chip to rebuild. He's 33 years old, and is on the final year of his contract.

If they go the free agent route, I could see either Lito Sheppard or Bryant McFadden. Sheppard knows the Jets\Rex system, having played with us in 2009.. and McFadden is a CB that's played in 4 Superbowls and brings veteran presence.

When it comes to success, I consider the New England Patriots right at the top of the list. It'd be fair to say they've "lived up to their hype" since 2009 wouldn't you say? Conference Championship, Superbowl appearance, 3 Division titles, etc. And yet over the past 3 years BB & Brady have won 38 regular season games. Rex & Sanchez have won 30. BB & Brady have played in 5 playoff games, winning 2. Rex & Sanchez have played in 6, winning 4. The Pats have played in 2 Championship games.. the Jets have played in 2 Championship games. -you get my point?

How have the Jets not "lived up to the hype" of the Ryan regime, when under Ryan they've been undoubtedly successful? Since Rex Ryan broke into the NFL, he has been one of the most accomplished Head Coaches in the league. He's missed the playoffs only once, he's never finished the season under .500, and his defense finishes top 5 every year. Yet, he gets points deducted for not winning a Superbowl in 3 years?! I don't buy it.

I think the media wants the Jets to fail, because they want the Tebow thing to fail. They want Tebow coverage. They want to see Tebow in a larger role, and on the Jets, that's not going to happen.

If I may paraphase Scott Hall: New England has earned their reputation because they "bring it", the Jets earned their reputation because they "sing it",

There is a big difference in "saying" you are going to win the Championship and then actually going out and "doing it".

By Rex Ryan's own proclamations the Jets have been a failiure because they have not lived up to his own words.

The Jets built their media plight by talking a good game, but not being able to deliver. The Patriots on the other hand have a silent swagger, they just perform at a higher level.

If the Jets had just embraced the ride instead of talking first, they would be media darlings. No one likes empty words.

The whole Tebow argument rings false as well. The Jets brought him here to sell tickets and merchandising to Tebow fans THROUGH the media and have been pretty successful. I have never seen a back-up QB get so much press.

Only Jet fans that understand the game, realize the Tebow move was not about winning football game, this was an insecure reactionary move to the Giants winning the Superbowl. (Last time the Giants won the Superbow you got Brett Favre).

If I may paraphase Scott Hall: New England has earned their reputation because they "bring it", the Jets earned their reputation because they "sing it",

There is a big difference in "saying" you are going to win the Championship and then actually going out and "doing it".

By Rex Ryan's own proclamations the Jets have been a failiure because they have not lived up to his own words.

The Jets built their media plight by talking a good game, but not being able to deliver. The Patriots on the other hand have a silent swagger, they just perform at a higher level.

If the Jets had just embraced the ride instead of talking first, they would be media darlings. No one likes empty words.

The whole Tebow argument rings false as well. The Jets brought him here to sell tickets and merchandising to Tebow fans THROUGH the media and have been pretty successful. I have never seen a back-up QB get so much press.

Only Jet fans that understand the game, realize the Tebow move was not about winning football game, this was an insecure reactionary move to the Giants winning the Superbowl. (Last time the Giants won the Superbow you got Brett Favre).

We beat New England in the playoffs, in their building not even 2 years ago. A better New England team than the lucky 9-7 Giants beat at a neutral site last year