2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Berry is a risk worth taking. Had no idea he started in Detroit and actually was good in 1 on 1.

I know it's not going to happen, but if we by some miracle beat Houston without Po'uha, Hill, Keller, Thomas, & Connor.. it would seriously turn everything around for the Jets.

Yeah I noticed tickets were in the $20's earlier in the week (I mean it's closer to $40 after the charges but still, that's lower than their cheapest season ticket). It's half tempting, especially since worst-case the game's a blowout by halftime and I scoot out of there :P Plus I've never seen the new stadium, though I'm not really too anxious to stay there till midnight and get home 1-1:30 on a weekday.

Damn, I see what you mean about the Giants, the CHEAPEST ticket for the Redskins game in a couple weeks is $175. It's about half that for tomorrow but geez. Jet tickets are still in the $60's for other games, I guess nobody wants to go on a Monday night.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Damn, I see what you mean about the Giants, the CHEAPEST ticket for the Redskins game in a couple weeks is $175. It's about half that for tomorrow but geez. Jet tickets are still in the $60's for other games, I guess nobody wants to go on a Monday night.

Bandwagon fans (with money) drive me up a wall. Last year I went to the home opener (MNF) for $60. Pretty good deal. Week five against Seattle I went for $80 after a ten dollar pitch in for a parking pass with four others.

This year, it is criminal though.

Right now you can get a pair for $54 - AFTER fees. The Jets' cheapest season ticket was $50 per ticket lmao. It's getting to the point where if I find a cheap single tomorrow I'll go for the hell of it.

Apparently the Jets are some 12,000 short of a sellout too :o

http://www.nypost.co...rss&utm_content

Edited by NJDevs4978

Right now you can get a pair for $54 - AFTER fees. The Jets' cheapest season ticket was $50 per ticket lmao. It's getting to the point where if I find a cheap single tomorrow I'll go for the hell of it.

Apparently the Jets are some 12,000 short of a sellout too :o

http://www.nypost.co...rss&utm_content

Tickets failed to go through for my friend who bought them last night. Turns out it was better. Got tickets in 317 for $19 each. Could have bought the whole row. Facevalue on the ticket was $95. Obscene value.

"We lose at home and we lose away, we lost last week and we'll lose today, we're the New York Jets!" I've got NO hopes for a win tomorrow and you're a fool if you do. See Mark Sanchez grow? You can't fvcking grow if you have no weapons, and the ones you have don't catch the fvcking ball. Ground and pound? More like ground and punt! Super Bowl? More like puppy bowl.

But the Jets found another way to fvck themselves and Plaxico themselves and ruin another season. Thank, Tanny.. Thanks, Woody.

"We lose at home and we lose away, we lost last week and we'll lose today, we're the New York Jets!" I've got NO hopes for a win tomorrow and you're a fool if you do. See Mark Sanchez grow? You can't fvcking grow if you have no weapons, and the ones you have don't catch the fvcking ball. Ground and pound? More like ground and punt! Super Bowl? More like puppy bowl.

But the Jets found another way to fvck themselves and Plaxico themselves and ruin another season. Thank, Tanny.. Thanks, Woody.

I know it's easy to feel down in the dumps, especially after these games today, but take heart. It all ends for the Jets after tomorrow, and the road gets much easier.

A buddy of mine texted me something cryptic about an hour ago; "ever think the Pats & Miami did the Jets a favor today?" It's odd to say it like that, but it's something to consider. If you look at the playoff teams in the AFC, you'll see NE, SD, Baltimore, & Houston. Here's the thing though, they're all in separate divisions. I want to believe that Pittsburgh & Denver are going to take the 2 wildcards, but I just can't convince myself. The Steelers seem VERY smoke & mirror to me.. and Denver's schedule is close to impossible. With that said, broaden out the spectrum and ask yourself.. are the Bills a 10 win team? How about Miami, Oakland, KC, Jacksonville? Even as competent as Indy & Cincy are playing now.. can you see them winning 10 games? I'm telling you this now, and you can take it to the bank.. a 9-7 team will make the playoffs for this Conference this year. The AFC is as wide open as I've ever seen it.. and I wouldn't even be surprised if a team squeaked in @ 8-8.

That's what Rex needs to keep telling his team.. why not us?! Play 'till the end, and let's what happens. I'm not saying our games against Miami & Indy will be guaranteed wins, but at least we'll be healthy and have a fighting chance. I can't say we are either tomorrow.

If one thing's painfully obvious it's that this whole 'trying to be two offenses at once' crap JUST DOES NOT WORK! The Jets need to decide what they're going to be, a streetball option team with Tebow or a conventional offense with Sanchez. Doing both at the same time is impossible. They've shot themselves in the foot five hundred ways tonight, and in the fourth quarter with the game right there they kept switching Tebow and Sanchez out when both were doing well, then having to use all these timeouts because they don't know what the **** they're doing.

If one thing's painfully obvious it's that this whole 'trying to be two offenses at once' crap JUST DOES NOT WORK! The Jets need to decide what they're going to be, a streetball option team with Tebow or a conventional offense with Sanchez. Doing both at the same time is impossible. They've shot themselves in the foot five hundred ways tonight, and in the fourth quarter with the game right there they kept switching Tebow and Sanchez out when both were doing well, then having to use all these timeouts because they don't know what the **** they're doing.

Absolutely. It's pathetic and probably cost them the game being much closer than it is. For 1, they had to burn two timeouts which didn't allow them time left in the final 90 seconds. And it might have cost them points in the redzone. Give Tebow a couple of full series at the very least.

Edited by devilsrule33

The Jets coached this football game the way the replacement refs administered games the first three weeks, absolutely awful. They couldn't even resist a cutsie play with Tebow trying a swing to Cromartie on the last drive that nearly got picked. For all the bull**** substitutions and nonsense, they scored ten offensive points today. For better or worse they need A identity.

lol fitting ending with Sanchez getting a dink pass batted down...he gets so may passes rejected you'd think Hakeem Olajuwon was out there.

The last 'real' series, they had a draw play on first down for eight yards, then on 2nd and 2 it took them forever to get the play in (darn near had a delay of game or used their last timeout), they ran Tebow under center and had Cromartie sprint across the field to try to get a swing pass but it got deflected away. Third down they got the first down on a short pass with Sanchez but soon after came the INT.

They did use Tebow to throw early in the game once, amazingly enough he put it on the hands deep but scrub Jason Hill dropped what could have been a TD.

Edited by NJDevs4978

The last 'real' series, they had a draw play on first down for eight yards, then on 2nd and 2 it took them forever to get the play in (darn near had a delay of game or used their last timeout), they ran Tebow under center and had Cromartie sprint across the field to try to get a swing pass but it got deflected away. Third down they got the first down on a short pass with Sanchez but soon after came the INT.

They did use Tebow to throw early in the game once, amazingly enough he put it on the hands deep but scrub Jason Hill dropped what could have been a TD.

I know what play you are talking about, but Sanchez threw that ball.

The Jets were late with the plays and the substitutions because our WR's that know the plays consist of Kerley, Chaz.. and that's where it ends. Gates left with an injury at the end of the 1st quarter, and Hill has had all of 3 days to learn the system.

As thin as the receiving corps already is, losing Gates crippled us completely. Having only 3 WR's for the remainder of the game, 2 who are really acclimated with the system, kills 20% of the playbook.

The boxscore says Tebow was 0-1, I guess you're right. That's how fvcked up this offense is, I can't even keep track of this gadget BS anymore. Maybe they had Tebow on the field and ran him off, there was definitely confusion on the play.

The worst call of all was that stupid shotgun to McKnight earlier in the quarter with nobody else in the backfield and he lost nine yards. As if there was ANY chance of McKnight doing something other than running, at least if you put another RB back there they have to think about options. Then they got a screen where amazingly they got the first down. Then another bs run by Tebow into the line for no yards.

The Jets were late with the plays and the substitutions because our WR's that know the plays consist of Kerley, Chaz.. and that's where it ends. Gates left with an injury at the end of the 1st quarter, and Hill has had all of 3 days to learn the system.

As thin as the receiving corps already is, losing Gates crippled us completely. Having only 3 WR's for the remainder of the game, 2 who are really acclimated with the system, kills 20% of the playbook.

Having five hundred substitutions on every Sanchez to Tebow play and trying to outsmart everyone also leads to chaos on the field. ESPECIALLY with all the stuff you mentioned they shouldn't be trying to reinvent the wheel on offense. As many problems as I had with Schotty, I don't remember an offense being this disorganized and Sparano was a head coach in the league. Basic coaching 101 - you simplify it when you don't have people who know the offense, not throw out five hundred NEW things.

fvck YOU SPARANO, fvck YOU REX, fvck YOU WOODY, fvck YOU TANNY.

I'm sick of this bullsh!t. No need for that fvcking onsides kick. NO need. The OL can't hold sh!t, and the first pick was their fault. The receivers can't catch a cold naked in Antarctica. The second pick in on Cumberland.

Sanchez didn't play great, but this mess is not all on him and if you can't see that after this game, fvck off.

• Like 1

Sanchez didn't play great, but this mess is not all on him and if you can't see that after this game, fvck off.

I think fans by nature need a scapegoat when something goes wrong. They need to be able to point and say there it is. Someone to blame. They have all that and more in Sanchez. It's one thing for a QB on a losing streak to face intense scrutiny by the fanbase\media. But without Hill, Holmes, Keller, Gates, and a running game.. I really don't know what's to be expected from Sanchez. The guy had 24 minutes of actual possession time last night.. 4 of which went to Tebow. He goes against the best defense in the league.. and his receivers reward him with 6 dropped passes. Both interceptions were tipped. I mean c'mon now, let's be real.

I can't kill my quarterback when he completes as many passes as the QB he was going against. I can't kill my quarterback when the defense AGAIN has another game where they allow nearly 400 yrds. I can't kill my quarterback when my starting RB rushes for 26 yrds. To put that in perspective, Tebow rushed for 20! I was so wrong on Greene.. he is horrible. He is so bad, I almost think if the Jets released him, he would be without a job. Because I can't see anyone else picking him up.

Without a running game, a defense, and any WR's at all, it's now clear to me what Sanchez needs to do for the remaining 11 games of the year in order to win. Play perfect!

Edited by Beezer34

Jets actually did some things well tonight, really...giving up 378 yards in today's NFL isn't really that bad.

The problem is obvious...the Jets just don't score any points. The 48 the Jets put up against the Bills was clearly an aberration, especially since the Bills pretty much give up points to everyone...in three of their games they've allowed 45, 48 and 52 points...it's not too hard to score on the Bills' D. The Jets have scored 50 points in the four games since. 12.5 PPG won't get it done, even with a top-flight D, which even if the Jets had one, you're probably asking them to be on the field for 35 minutes per game or more...not really fair.

That being said, the Colts game is winnable (pretty much a must-win...can't go 0-3 on a 3-game homestand), and the Jets will be facing an iffy D in New England...there will be open receivers to hit, if Sanchez and Tebow can hit them...like EVERY team in the NFL should, Sanchez and Tebow should look for McCourty and target that receiver as often as possible...even when McCourty appears to have his receiver covered, his man has a way of coming down with the ball. It wouldn't surprise me if the Jets put up 24+ against the Pats. The bigger question will be can they stop Brady and Co. from putting up more.

In the words of Steve Young: "The Jets played a pretty cute game". The D came up pretty big after the first Texas drive, but again Tannenbaum has put Sanchez in a position to fail. The O-Line is not very good, the pocket just collapses and no one seems to be able to stop the end blitz. There is no running game, no wide-out support. Cumberland caught a TD and then caused an interception. Aside from the gimmick plays - Tebow is a joke.

Not to pile it on but the coaching SUCKS. Is Callahan gone? Because the O-Line looks lost.

Soprano is probably the worst Offensive coordinator in the league.

Tannenbaum can't draft WR"s??? The Giants seem to be able to coach anyone off the street to be a quality wide out when called upon.

Jets need to scrap this team and find a GM that knows talent.

Edited by MantaRay

The only solace to take for the Jets is losing to a team as great as Houston by only 6 points. However, whatever sense of accomplishment the Jets may have of "hanging" with the Texans, it's a false sense imo. The Jets should've never been as close as they were in the game. From a dropped Andre Johnson pass were he's still running, to an idiotic onside kick that somehow only results in a FG.. the Texans left MORE than their share of points on the field. For the Jets to rely on two 4th down conversations.. or the sack on Sanchez on our own 18 yrd line that resulted in a scoop 8 yrd rush by Hillard?! Nah, sorry. Too perfect. Everything went the right way for the Jets, and they still lost. Great teams don't have to rely on 100 yrd kick returns to keep them in the game. Though the end says 23-17, it's deceiving, because it wasn't as close as the score indicates. Houston had over 10 minutes of possession time on the Jets.. and they only scored 2 TD's?! I give the Jets ZERO credit for "hanging" with the Texans, because this game should've been 30-10.

That's right, Callahan left to take another job somewhere (Cowboys?) and it does show in how horrible our O-Line has been.

Can't really fault Sporano, he has zero to work with. They Jets have the worst 1# back in football and a cadre of 3/4 receivers, and no #1 pass catching tight end. His playcalling hasn't been any worse than Schotty...in fact he takes more shots down the field.

Edited by '7'

That's right, Callahan left to take another job somewhere (Cowboys?) and it does show in how horrible our O-Line has been.

Can't really fault Sporano, he has zero to work with. They Jets have the worst 1# back in football and a cadre of 3/4 receivers, and no #1 pass catching tight end. His playcalling hasn't been any worse than Schotty...in fact he takes more shots down the field.

I could have told you that Sporano would be a disaster. He actually wasn't a horrible head coach, and there are some things he does well. As an OC though, he's caught in 2005.

Jets would have done well to draft Lamar Miller. He's doing pretty well as a third stringer. And anyone would be an improvement over Greene.

I have to agree he has nothing to work with, but I don't think that would make a difference as he is not a very good OC in general.