2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

It's terrific to win when you don't play well. Now it's time to iron out some of these problems. Like 7 said, I was alarmed at the lack of focus throughout the game. Too may mistakes, dumb ones.

I also don't understand why Sanchez looks so hesitant at times. Was he confused or do the coaches have the shackles on him?

It's terrific to win when you don't play well. Now it's time to iron out some of these problems. Like 7 said, I was alarmed at the lack of focus throughout the game. Too may mistakes, dumb ones.

I also don't understand why Sanchez looks so hesitant at times. Was he confused or do the coaches have the shackles on him?

u may have his the nail on teh head

TP.jpg

I put the picture of Trevor Pryce up.. because he, above all else.. has to be the happiest person on the team right now. He single-handedly turned a FG into a TD for the Lions, and instead of a tie game.. Detroit was up by 3. I'm not gonna kill Trev`Pry (because other than today, he's looked solid) but it was a boneheaded penalty.

Lucky win by the Jets, but I'll take it. Game ball goes to Revis & Folk.

Though the offense is (right now) playing somewhat below average.. our defense is playing way above. 14 TD's allowed going into Week 10?! :blink: I love it! Keep it up boys.

Looking ahead; It's nice to be #1 in the Division.. win 6 out of 8 games.. and all that jazz. But Gang Green has to clean up some stuff as the season progresses, if they want to become serious Superbowl contenders. *The Offense -&- *The Penalties.

..although I maintain that about 50% of the flags getting thrown against us are borderline at best, the other half are completely obvious. Meanwhile, the offense is averaging about 20 points per game. This is why the Jets continue to squeak out these wins, because despite the offense playing sub'par.. the 'D is playing great.

We're at midway point now, with 8 games to go. If the Jets go .500 the rest of the way, they'll be 10-6.. which (given the cluster-fvck in the AFC) may still be enough to back into the playoffs. I feel as though, 5 more wins will get them into the posteason. 6 or more will definitely get them in. (not to mention possibly the Division) 1 game at a time though.

looks like LT is starting 2 come back down 2 earth

Not at all.. he's just proving his versatility as a receiving back.

I've said this since May, and it bears repeating.. San Diego FORGOT how to use LT. LaDainian at this point of the year.. has more receiving yrds with the Jets, than he had the entire season (including playoffs) with the Chargers last year!! He's on pace for 400 receiving yrds for 2010. He had 150 in 2009.

..and as far as rushing goes, he's still on pace for a 1,200 yrd season.. and he's still averaging 5 yrds per carry. :noclue:

With Tomlinson, you have to look at the; "all-purpose" category (rushing & receiving) when you're trying to calculate his yrds. Currently.. he has nearly 800 in 8 games. I'll take that everyday of the week.. twice on Sundays. smiley-cool06.gif

Jets get another lucky win handed to them by a crappy team. They could easily be 4-4 right now with losses to Denver AND Detroit.

Charlie Whitehurst.. Shaun Hill.. Caleb Hanie.. Todd Collins.. Matt Moore.. Drew Stanton.. Jon Kitna..

...........probably the 7 best quarterbacks in the league right now, if you were to ask me.

Edited by Beezer34

Jets get another lucky win handed to them by a crappy team. They could easily be 4-4 right now with losses to Denver AND Detroit. Gonna be a rough second half for them I think....

or they could be 8-0 if the refs didn't gift wrap Baltimore every point they scored in week 1 and the receivers held on to some easy grabs last week when we held GB to basically 2 field goals when the game mattered

Jets get another lucky win handed to them by a crappy team. They could easily be 4-4 right now with losses to Denver AND Detroit. Gonna be a rough second half for them I think....

who the fvck is your team and why are you trolling here

didnt this giv eit away

Charlie Whitehurst.. Shaun Hill.. Caleb Hanie.. Todd Collins.. Matt Moore.. Drew Stanton.. Jon Kitna..

...........probably the 7 best quarterbacks in the league right now, if you were to ask me.

i gotta admit joey, i lol'd

..because the Giants thread is dead.. just like their shrimp-cocktail geriatric fanbase. It's Hatfield–McCoy's logic 7, and being forced to watch Hardknocks (let alone, the Jets in a Championship game last year.. while the Giants were playing golf) brings the bile, to the back of their necks. I'm looking forward to November 21st, more than Christmas.

But let's not spoil Big Blue's fun.. we're holding our collective breath, waiting for the Power Rankings to be released. (which, evidently.. means the world to their fans)

..I know.. sad isn't it.

TP.jpg

I put the picture of Trevor Pryce up.. because he, above all else.. has to be the happiest person on the team right now. He single-handedly turned a FG into a TD for the Lions, and instead of a tie game.. Detroit was up by 3. I'm not gonna kill Trev`Pry (because other than today, he's looked solid) but it was a boneheaded penalty.

Lucky win by the Jets, but I'll take it. Game ball goes to Revis & Folk.

Though the offense is (right now) playing somewhat below average.. our defense is playing way above. 14 TD's allowed going into Week 10?! :blink: I love it! Keep it up boys.

Looking ahead; It's nice to be #1 in the Division.. win 6 out of 8 games.. and all that jazz. But Gang Green has to clean up some stuff as the season progresses, if they want to become serious Superbowl contenders. *The Offense -&- *The Penalties.

..although I maintain that about 50% of the flags getting thrown against us are borderline at best, the other half are completely obvious. Meanwhile, the offense is averaging about 20 points per game. This is why the Jets continue to squeak out these wins, because despite the offense playing sub'par.. the 'D is playing great.

We're at midway point now, with 8 games to go. If the Jets go .500 the rest of the way, they'll be 10-6.. which (given the cluster-fvck in the AFC) may still be enough to back into the playoffs. I feel as though, 5 more wins will get them into the posteason. 6 or more will definitely get them in. (not to mention possibly the Division) 1 game at a time though.

Not at all.. he's just proving his versatility as a receiving back.

I've said this since May, and it bears repeating.. San Diego FORGOT how to use LT. LaDainian at this point of the year.. has more receiving yrds with the Jets, than he had the entire season (including playoffs) with the Chargers last year!! He's on pace for 400 receiving yrds for 2010. He had 150 in 2009.

..and as far as rushing goes, he's still on pace for a 1,200 yrd season.. and he's still averaging 5 yrds per carry. :noclue:

With Tomlinson, you have to look at the; "all-purpose" category (rushing & receiving) when you're trying to calculate his yrds. Currently.. he has nearly 800 in 8 games. I'll take that everyday of the week.. twice on Sundays. smiley-cool06.gif

Hey, when your defensive front can get after the QB like the Giants' can, you KNOCK QBs out of the game. It's a luxury not many teams have...

..because the Giants thread is dead.. just like their shrimp-cocktail geriatric fanbase. It's Hatfield–McCoy's logic 7, and being forced to watch Hardknocks (let alone, the Jets in a Championship game last year.. while the Giants were playing golf) brings the bile, to the back of their necks. I'm looking forward to November 21st, more than Christmas.

But let's not spoil Big Blue's fun.. we're holding our collective breath, waiting for the Power Rankings to be released. (which, evidently.. means the world to their fans)

..I know.. sad isn't it.

Nobody cares about Power Rankings (even though the Giants will likely be ahead of the Jets in most/if not all of them). The Giants will go further than the Jets, and I guess that bothers the Gang Green faithful....

Hey, when your defensive front can get after the QB like the Giants' can, you KNOCK QBs out of the game. It's a luxury not many teams have...

The Giants defense had 11 sacks, in that bloated counterfeit of a game against Chicago (who easily has the worst offensive line in the league) back in Week 4 earlier this season.. where they played a Bears team that sent 3 different quarterbacks onto the field, in the span of 2½ quarters. -11 Sacks!! :huh:

That game single-handedly ballooned the Giants statistically, in both the *sacks category.. AND *yrds allowed.

Notwithstanding.. the Giants front seven, have a mere 6 more sacks than the Jets.. and rank 3rd in the league against the run, while the Jets rank 4th. (in spite of the Chicago spike, which helped fudge the numbers)

For that margin to be so thin between the two teams, when the Giants have played 5 games against 2nd & 3rd string QB's (not to mention the fact that the Jets didn't have Calvin Pace for 4 games.. Kris Jenkins for 7 games.. Jason Taylor for 1 game.. and Trevor Pryce for 3 games) is the definition of; "sad".

The Jets front 7 has been widely considered to be the best in the NFL, by numerous football analysts.. despite not having the numbers in the sacks category. Ellis & Thomas are playing some of the best football they've ever played. David Harris & Bart Scott have 100 tackles combined. Even Gholston's game has improved significantly.

..you'll have your chance to prove yourselves, if you can catch the flying nun come November 21st. (aka; Michael Vick) :thumbsup:

The Giants defense had 11 sacks, in that bloated counterfeit of a game against Chicago (who easily has the worst offensive line in the league) back in Week 4 earlier this season.. where they played a Bears team that sent 3 different quarterbacks onto the field, in the span of 2½ quarters. -11 Sacks!! :huh:

That game single-handedly ballooned the Giants statistically, in both the *sacks category.. AND *yrds allowed.

Notwithstanding.. the Giants front seven, have a mere 6 more sacks than the Jets.. and rank 3rd in the league against the run, while the Jets rank 4th. (in spite of the Chicago spike, which helped fudge the numbers)

For that margin to be so thin between the two teams, when the Giants have played 5 games against 2nd & 3rd string QB's (not to mention the fact that the Jets didn't have Calvin Pace for 4 games.. Kris Jenkins for 7 games.. Jason Taylor for 1 game.. and Trevor Pryce for 3 games) is the definition of; "sad".

The Jets front 7 has been widely considered to be the best in the NFL, by numerous football analysts.. despite not having the numbers in the sacks category. Ellis & Thomas are playing some of the best football they've ever played. David Harris & Bart Scott have 100 tackles combined. Even Gholston's game has improved significantly.

..you'll have your chance to prove yourselves, if you can catch the flying nun come November 21st. (aka; Michael Vick) :thumbsup:

You are the "definition of sad" with these nonsensical posts. The sacks in the Chicago game shouldn't count? Sacks are SACKS. The whole "2nd and 3rd string QBs" thing is lame as well. The opposing coaches weren't just starting them for the hell of it in most games; the starters got KNOCKED OUT by the G-MEN defense. Every week the Giants have to "prove" something to the people like you. First it was "Beat Dallas IN DALLAS and then that'll be something". The Giants go and dismantle the Cowboys on their own field. Now it's "Go and beat the Eagles". If the Giants beat the Eagles it would be "Go and beat INSERT TEAM NAME HERE". It's getting tiring. Here is the harsh reality for you:

OFFENSE

Giants 401 yards Offense/game (#2) Jets 350 yards Offense/game (#12)

Giants 249 yards Passing Offense/game (#7) Jets 202 yards Passing Offense/game (#20)

Giants 152 yards Rushing Offense/game (#3) Jets 148 Rushing Offense/game (#4)

Giants 216 points for Jets 182 points for

DEFENSE

Giants 250 yards allowed/game (#1) Jets 307 yards allowed/game (#6)

Giants 170 yards Passing/game (#2) Jets 220 yards Passing/game (#18)

Giants 81 yards Rushing/game (#2) Jets 87 yards Rushing/game (#4)

Giants 160 points against Jets 130 points against

Giants Point differential: +56

Jets Point differential: +52

From looking at all of this, there is no question who the better team is right now. The Giants are better than the Jets in every facet of the game right now. Maybe you will look good against Cleveland on Sunday? You can be sure Mangini won't hand you the game on a silver platter like Jim Schwartz did. I think Rex Ryan owes him a really expensive Christmas gift; I'm talking Lamborghini/Ferrari big. I can understand your frustration as a disgruntled Jets fan though. The Giants are on fire right now and playing lights out, while Gang Green just mulls along getting unimpressive victories by the skin of their teeth. It must be hard forever residing in the "GIANT" shadow that they will never escape.

EDIT: I almost forgot; :thumbsup:

Edited by ThreeCups

oh give me a freakin break it's 8 games into the NFL season and this is the same Giants team that choked and quit on the season last year & missed the playoffs. Both teams have plenty to prove right now, but in this thread NOBODY gives a crap about big blew...and it seems like you have some sort of inferiority complex brewing now that the Jets are NY's team now. Why else would you be here?

..I know.. sad isn't it.

Very well said :cheers:

(not to mention the fact that the Jets didn't have Calvin Pace for 4 games.. Kris Jenkins for 7 games.. Jason Taylor for 1 game.. and Trevor Pryce for 3 games)

even though im not a big fan of them, this is the reasonwhy i say the jets are the better team. theyv overcome so many injuries as a team whcih shows how deep they are. u didnt even mention not havinbg revis pool or holmes for a number of games. plus afc to nfc is men vs boys

oh give me a freakin break it's 8 games into the NFL season and this is the same Giants team that choked and quit on the season last year & missed the playoffs. Both teams have plenty to prove right now, but in this thread NOBODY gives a crap about big blew...and it seems like you have some sort of inferiority complex brewing now that the Jets are NY's team now. Why else would you be here?

..despite the fact that he's one of my very good friends, you hit it dead on in your original response 7.. *TROLL!

Go back and re-read his posts in this thread. (aswell as last seasons official Jets thread for that matter) He posts on Jets topics.. more than his own team. Who's got the inferiority complex here? :giggle: Drumming away the "living in the shadow" line.. is about as asinine as when Rag fans harp on the Devils attendance. It's complete avoidance of the issue and\or original topic at hand.. thus degenerating into a tit-for-tat game of *I know you are but what am I* (ie: posting the same exact smiley in his response, which I had posted in mine.. in an effort to get the 11 year old parting shot) :rolleyes:

Not once did I ever compare the Giants offense to the Jets.. NOR did I ever say the sacks against the game w/Chicago "shouldn't count". I said the Giants have marginally better statistics, in a number of different categories over the Jets (which he then went on to prove my point, siting stats in; points against.. point differential.. yards rushing.. rushing offense.. and yards allowed) THEN I brought up the Chicago game, as a misrepresentation of THAT point (front seven) being a factor in inflating the defensive measurement(s) as an indicator. Never did I say the sacks should be withdrawn.

That rant was the most imprudent, thoughtless shpeel.. I have ever read on any message board. I literally laughed out loud while reading it.

..but hey, if he wishes to continue clowing on the best team in the AFC, all the while making a complete ass of himself.. who are we to stand in his way? His posts hating on the Jets, is stand up comedy. I guarantee you a response is on it's way. His obsession with this thread, proves your point. B )

even though im not a big fan of them, this is the reasonwhy i say the jets are the better team. theyv overcome so many injuries as a team whcih shows how deep they are. u didnt even mention not havinbg revis pool or holmes for a number of games. plus afc to nfc is men vs boys

..or, as I like to say; JV vs Varsity.

Edited by Beezer34

..despite the fact that he's one of my very good friends, you hit it dead on in your original response 7.. *TROLL!

Go back and re-read his posts in this thread. (aswell as last seasons official Jets thread for that matter) He posts on Jets topics.. more than his own team. Who's got the inferiority complex here? :giggle: Drumming away the "living in the shadow" line.. is about as asinine as when Rag fans harp on the Devils attendance. It's complete avoidance of the issue and\or original topic at hand.. thus degenerating into a tit-for-tat game of *I know you are but what am I* (ie: posting the same exact smiley in his response, which I had posted in mine.. in an effort to get the 11 year old parting shot) :rolleyes:

Not once did I ever compare the Giants offense to the Jets.. NOR did I ever say the sacks against the game w/Chicago "shouldn't count". I said the Giants have marginally better statistics, in a number of different categories over the Jets (which he then went on to prove my point, siting stats in; points against.. point differential.. yards rushing.. rushing offense.. and yards allowed) THEN I brought up the Chicago game, as a misrepresentation of THAT point (front seven) being a factor in inflating the defensive measurement(s) as an indicator. Never did I say the sacks should be withdrawn.

That rant was the most imprudent, thoughtless shpeel.. I have ever read on any message board. I literally laughed out loud while reading it.

..but hey, if he wishes to continue clowing on the best team in the AFC, all the while making a complete ass of himself.. who are we to stand in his way? His posts hating on the Jets, is stand up comedy. I guarantee you a response is on it's way. His obsession with this thread, proves your point. B )

..or, as I like to say; JV vs Varsity.

No Giants fans care about the Jets. Putting their fans in line is pretty funny/entertaining though. The Jets are NOT "NY's Team" nor will they ever be. The fact is that the Giants have a rich history (SUPER BOWLS INCLUDED) that the Jets can only dream of. The Jets' inferiority complex/little brother syndrome is for good reason. Championship history is obviously one thing that irks Jets fans, combined with playing in GIANTS STADIUM for all of those years; I can understand where it all stems from, I won't blame any Jets fans for it.

The stats for the Giants are far from "marginally better", they are WAY better for most categories. No obsession with this thread, I will not let Jet loons like yourself post nonsense and think it is fact. Also the "JV vs varsity" comments are also way out of line. I will give you that the AFC is better, but that is MARGINAL. Recall a couple weeks ago when 2 of the so called "JV NFC" teams beat the far superior "Varsity AFC" teams? (I know this will sting, but PACKERS 9, JETS 0...AND SAINTS 20, STEELERS 10) So this absurd notion that the AFC is far and away the better conference is completely inaccurate. But keep thumping your chest when the Jets squeak out a miracle win and telling yourself they are that good. NEW YORK'S TEAM plays at 4:15 PM gentleman...

All this acrimony is so weird to me. I live in divided house, work in a divided office, have divided friends, and not one that I know of has any ill-will towards the other NY team. But they say that anonymity of message boards brings out peoples' true feelings, so maybe this is what's real and I've just been naive. I'm happy for the Giants and their big turnaround (after 3 very mediocre opening games).

The Giants and Jets don't need to prove anything. Good teams have two kinds of games in the NFL, with its shortened schedule: games where they make a point (or not), and games that they need to win. Today's games are the latter for both teams. Bad teams have one kind of game: meaningless.

But 3C, the whole sarcastic, "We know you must be jealous," routine? That reminds me of Yankee and Ranger fans. It reminds why I cheer for the Jets, Mets, and Devils.

All this acrimony is so weird to me. I live in divided house, work in a divided office, have divided friends, and not one that I know of has any ill-will towards the other NY team. But they say that anonymity of message boards brings out peoples' true feelings, so maybe this is what's real and I've just been naive. I'm happy for the Giants and their big turnaround (after 3 very mediocre opening games).

The Giants and Jets don't need to prove anything. Good teams have two kinds of games in the NFL, with its shortened schedule: games where they make a point (or not), and games that they need to win. Today's games are the latter for both teams. Bad teams have one kind of game: meaningless.

But 3C, the whole sarcastic, "We know you must be jealous," routine? That reminds me of Yankee and Ranger fans. It reminds why I cheer for the Jets, Mets, and Devils.

I actually rooted for the Jets in seasons past. I liked guys like Curtis Martin, Wayne Chrebet, Chad Pennington etc. But this year I got a sour taste in my mouth by the arrogant Jets fans who came out of the woodwork and proclaimed "Yeah! WE'RE New York's team now!" like they were waiting their whole lives for the opportunity. (even though the sentiment is still completely false) It seems the Jets fans have followed Rex Ryan's big mouth and have been talking nonstop.....

Actually it's Giant fans (like Francesa) that get envious over all the attention the Jets have been getting without winning a thing the way we get jealous of the Ranger attention while we - until recently - win a lot more. And Jet fans can't stand the Giants right now partly because of Francesa and his on-air vendetta against the Jets and partly just because of little brother syndrome. The Giants will always have more history, a bigger fanbase, etc.

But yeah I don't have the same animosity toward the Giants myself the way I would the Yankees or the Rangers. Mainly cause we only play them once every four years in a game that counts.

Edited by NJDevs4978

No Giants fans care about the Jets. Putting their fans in line is pretty funny/entertaining though. The Jets are NOT "NY's Team" nor will they ever be. The fact is that the Giants have a rich history (SUPER BOWLS INCLUDED) that the Jets can only dream of. The Jets' inferiority complex/little brother syndrome is for good reason. Championship history is obviously one thing that irks Jets fans, combined with playing in GIANTS STADIUM for all of those years; I can understand where it all stems from, I won't blame any Jets fans for it.

The stats for the Giants are far from "marginally better", they are WAY better for most categories. No obsession with this thread, I will not let Jet loons like yourself post nonsense and think it is fact. Also the "JV vs varsity" comments are also way out of line. I will give you that the AFC is better, but that is MARGINAL. Recall a couple weeks ago when 2 of the so called "JV NFC" teams beat the far superior "Varsity AFC" teams? (I know this will sting, but PACKERS 9, JETS 0...AND SAINTS 20, STEELERS 10) So this absurd notion that the AFC is far and away the better conference is completely inaccurate. But keep thumping your chest when the Jets squeak out a miracle win and telling yourself they are that good. NEW YORK'S TEAM plays at 4:15 PM gentleman...

So go take this inferiority complex level drivel to the Giants thread on this forum...which I'm sure is just brimming with conversation, I mean it must be 100 pages long by now considering the Giants have all this history blahblahblah tradition, success. I'm sure it dwarfs the Jets thread

oh yea...it's filled with tumbleweeds.

Get the hell out of here troll.

So go take this inferiority complex level drivel to the Giants thread on this forum...which I'm sure is just brimming with conversation, I mean it must be 100 pages long by now considering the Giants have all this history blahblahblah tradition, success. I'm sure it dwarfs the Jets thread

oh yea...it's filled with tumbleweeds.

Get the hell out of here troll.

Point proven. At least we agree on the DEVILS and Mets

So go take this inferiority complex level drivel to the Giants thread on this forum...which I'm sure is just brimming with conversation, I mean it must be 100 pages long by now.

..what's even more sad, is (if you go look at the Giants thread) he's talking to himself! :giggle: Meanwhile, there's been 6 different people who have posted on our thread.. over the past 8 posts alone.

Let him keep hating though.. he's only proving our point. ;)

Edited by Beezer34

I actually rooted for the Jets in seasons past. I liked guys like Curtis Martin, Wayne Chrebet, Chad Pennington etc. But this year I got a sour taste in my mouth by the arrogant Jets fans who came out of the woodwork and proclaimed "Yeah! WE'RE New York's team now!" like they were waiting their whole lives for the opportunity. (even though the sentiment is still completely false) It seems the Jets fans have followed Rex Ryan's big mouth and have been talking nonstop.....

I don't know if you've noticed the Jets fans before recently or not, but for the past decade I've been shocked by how so many of our fans are "feast-or-famine" type. Win a bunch of games: "This has to be our year. Super Bowl!" Lose two in a row: "We need a new coach and a new quarterback." This is just one of those hopeful phases.

I would never declare them to be New York's team, but that may be only because the whole New York in New Jersey thing irks me about both teams so much.

I don't know if you've noticed the Jets fans before recently or not, but for the past decade I've been shocked by how so many of our fans are "feast-or-famine" type. Win a bunch of games: "This has to be our year. Super Bowl!" Lose two in a row: "We need a new coach and a new quarterback." This is just one of those hopeful phases.

giants fans r no different. they wanted coughlin jacobs and boss all shot whne they were 1-2 in sept. same thing last year when they started 5-0 vs when theyfinished 8-8. in 07 they wanted eli and their defense hung earlier in the year. and that was the year they won the sb.