2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

And over those 12 years they've appeared in a total of 12 games (guaranteed to be at least 13) and have a record of 6-6.

It's funny, there is really is this perception that the Jets have been much worse than they've performed, and I'll be the first to admit I'm one of the guilty parties in that regard. They've broken their fans' hearts at times, but this franchise all-around has really been much much better than the pre-'99 team trainwrecks.

agree. its tough to cry theblues as much as they do when u can boast that type of record in a the spna of 12 years

"When you come from the NFC, and you win a Superbowl it's a great accomplishment. But over the last few years.. when you're an AFC team and you win the Superbowl, it means much more." -John Madden.

It's not a stretch to say that the road teams in the AFC could conceivably win every single game. It would be a mild surprise, but not a shocker. That gives everyone an idea of how deep the AFC is this season...neither the #1 or #2 teams are locks to win, and both of them are very good teams.

agree. its tough to cry theblues as much as they do when u can boast that type of record in a the spna of 12 years

:argh:

The point is WHAT YOU DO WITH YOUR OPPORTUNITIES.. THAT's why Jet fans cry!!!

..if you were to go back over the last 12 years, and see only 1 playoff birth for the Jets.. no one would say anything about not getting to the Superbowl. Because we would've only had 1 crack at it. But that's not the case here. When you look at what the Jets have done over the last 12 years.. you're proving my point. Because there were many missed opportunities to do something special. --Go compare it to the local teams in NY & NJ, and look at what they've done with fewer attempts than the Jets..

----------------

..Postseason births ranked since 1999, and the results that came from them

#1: New York Yankees - 11 playoff appearances. (9 Division Titles.. 5 Pennants.. 3 Worlds Series')

#2: New Jersey Devils - 11 playoff appearances. (7 Division Titles.. 3 Conference Championships.. 2 Stanley Cups)

.#3: JETS - 7 playoff appearances. (2 Division Titles)

#4: New York Giants - 6 playoff appearances. (1 Superbowl.. 2 Conference Championships.. 3 Division Titles)

#5: New Jersey Nets - 6 playoff appearances. (4 Division Titles.. 2 Conference Championships)

#6: New York Islanders - 4 playoff appearances. (no accolades of note)

#7: New York Rangers - 4 playoff appearances. (no accolades of note)

#8: New York Mets - 3 playoff appearances. (1 2006 Division Title.. 1 2000 NL Pennant)

#9: New York Knicks - 2 playoff appearances. (1 Conference Championship)

----------------

..do you NOW comprehend what it is I've been trying to say?! :horse:

Over all the local teams in the tri-state area from the 4 major sports, the number of Jets playoff births are behind only the Devils & Yanks.. yet they have NOTHING to show for it.

We don't have an easy game by far this Sunday. Not many, if any, even Jets fans believe we will pull out a win. Eeking out a win against a depleted Colts team isn't much to get the hopes up and think we have a great chance Sunday.

Now, I love this god forsaken team more than someone should, but I have a hard time to think, that we beat those fvcking faggots on Sunday. Better start the praying now.

I heard Gisele told Tom he gets a threesome with her and Bridget if he beats the Jets this weekend soooooo .... just sayin' :whistling:

:lock:

GO PATS!!!!!!!!

:evil:

Huge news, heard on 1050 ESPN this morning that Damien Woody's season is done. Big blow to an offensive line that needs to block the pass and create running gaps. I'm not sure if the Pats personnel can exploit this, but if the Jets win this week, whoever will be on the other side of the ball will be able to.

Huge news, heard on 1050 ESPN this morning that Damien Woody's season is done. Big blow to an offensive line that needs to block the pass and create running gaps. I'm not sure if the Pats personnel can exploit this, but if the Jets win this week, whoever will be on the other side of the ball will be able to.

..the Woody injury is big, no question. But no bigger than Jenkins, Leonhard, Pitoitua, or any other of the Jets players already out with injury.

The Jets have to realize they're playing with house money here. They have the luxury of playing fast & loose, and they need to capitalize on that fully to advance to the AFC Championship. Go search the media outlets; radio\websites\newspapers\tv. NOBODY is giving the Jets a snow's chance in hell. The Patriots are 8½ point favorites.. who have won 12 out of their last 13.. playing in front of their fans.. with a quarterback that hasn't thrown an interception since October. As far as I see it, all the pressure is on New England. :noclue:

I said this before, and I'll say it again: *If the Jets played the Pats the day after the Colts game.. the Pats would've won 100 out of 100 times! They don't want to get into a week of quotes, and speculation, and media buzz surrounding the manusha the game. :blahblah: They just want to play this game, and move on. That's it! Nothing more. If it were up to them, they would've played it yesterday.

The longer this goes without the two teams playing, the more it favors the Jets imo. I know people will contest; "but Beez, the Pats have all this time to rest their players and prepare." Yes, that may be true... but this team was white hot in regards to playing with cadence. The Patriots were on an 11 week roll, where they were not only winning games against quality opponents.. but they were making it look easy in the process. If ANYTHING could break their flow & rhythm.. it'd be going 14 days without playing a game.

....all the Jets need to focus on is one thing.. Shootout! The Patriots ARE.. GOING.. TO.. SCORE. -No two ways about it.

If the Jets go into this game, with their #1 priority -- trying to stop NE from putting points on the board.. they will lose. They need to be less concerned with stopping Brady.. and more concerned with answering back every time he does score.

There's a part me that see's the Jets losing this game BIG. Like 28-0, or something like that. But there's this other part of me that thinks, we just might be able to squeak out a 38-34 win.

The game the Jets played in Chicago, was proof that they can play a shootout game. Immulate that to it's full potential, and the Jets can beat the Pats.

Edited by Beezer34

I was listening to Boomer and Carton this morning on my way to work. Fireman Ed was in the studio. He got on top of Boomer's shoulders, I think, and did the J-E-T-S chant.

Then I listened to Mike Francesa on my way home from work. It seems he and the Jets have been having some sort of feud. Anyone know what that's all about?

I was listening to Boomer and Carton this morning on my way to work. Fireman Ed was in the studio. He got on top of Boomer's shoulders, I think, and did the J-E-T-S chant.

Then I listened to Mike Francesa on my way home from work. It seems he and the Jets have been having some sort of feud. Anyone know what that's all about?

Because Francesa's a f-ing douchebag that has had it in for the Jets since last year. Specifically he got offended that the Jets said they felt they would have won the Colt regular season game last year anyway and he went off on the team, calling Rex a clown. Even before then he didn't like the 'mouthy' Jets (specifically Bart Scott) but that was where it came to a head. And during the playoffs he mocked our 'great field goal' defense when kickers started missing left and right in the playoffs.

Basically ever since that point he hasn't been able to get any Jets on his program for whatever reason, depending on what version of the story you believe - there's been about three different ones (personally I think the Jets just DID decide to boycott him, which I wouldn't blame them for since he's been totally unprofessional towards them and their fans). The reason why it's news now is because he's running a PR campaign to get 'his' side of the story out since the farther the Jets go in the playoffs without him being able to get a Jet guest on the more embarassing it is for the '#1 program' in New York.

Of course he's kept up his Jet bashing since then, and will look for any way to tweak the fanbase possible. When Braylon had his DUI the Jets were classless for playing him, despite the fact nobody else suspends their players for DUI's either, including the Giants. When LT does what he does, he's not violent, he's gotten screwed by the system but god forbid Santonio Holmes has an overblown incident on an airline with an ipod and it's more proof that the Jets are a classless organization.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Because Francesa's a f-ing douchebag that has had it in for the Jets since last year. Specifically he got offended that the Jets said they felt they would have won the Colt regular season game last year anyway and he went off on the team, calling Rex a clown. Even before then he didn't like the 'mouthy' Jets (specifically Bart Scott) but that was where it came to a head. And during the playoffs he mocked our 'great field goal' defense when kickers started missing left and right in the playoffs.

Basically ever since that point he hasn't been able to get any Jets on his program for whatever reason, depending on what version of the story you believe - there's been about three different ones (personally I think the Jets just DID decide to boycott him, which I wouldn't blame them for since he's been totally unprofessional towards them and their fans). The reason why it's news now is because he's running a PR campaign to get 'his' side of the story out since the farther the Jets go in the playoffs without him being able to get a Jet guest on the more embarassing it is for the '#1 program' in New York.

Of course he's kept up his Jet bashing since then, and will look for any way to tweak the fanbase possible. When Braylon had his DUI the Jets were classless for playing him, despite the fact nobody else suspends their players for DUI's either, including the Giants. When LT does what he does, he's not violent, he's gotten screwed by the system but god forbid Santonio Holmes has an overblown incident on an airline with an ipod and it's more proof that the Jets are a classless organization.

What an ass. Thanks for the explanation.

I remember when Fancesa had problems with Michael Strahan and Jeremy Shockey, then with the Giants, a few years ago. They, too, refused to appear on his show.

These are all just more examples of him trying to be a part of the story, rather than just commenting on the story.

in my opinion these r the 3 best teams in the conf. goodluck 2 the jets. but unfortunatley i think there season ends tonight.

My confidence in the Jets for this matchup has gone up after that win against Indy. I went from thinking the Jets have a 6% chance of winning all the way to 10% confidence that they will win. :rolleyes:

Remember earlier this year when Sal Alosi tripped Nolan Carroll during the Dolphins game?

Everybody freaked out.. Alosi lost his job.. Rex was labeled a; "liar".. and the Jets were fined $100,000.00 by the NFL for (not only the incident) but for publicly claiming the Patriots do the same thing, without any evidence.

Well.................

http://msn.foxsports.com/video?vid=51c3fe0a-c811-4bcd-af34-3ede438891ae&from=foxsports_en-us_videocentral

... :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker:

....so what do we do now?? :noclue:

*Should the Jets fine be lifted? :noclue:

*Should the Patriots be fined? :noclue:

*Should that Patriots player lose his job for the remainder of the year? :noclue:

*Should Belichick be harassed by the media, & field questions for 2 weeks on if; "he knew about it" and\or "instructed players to do it? :noclue:

--------

Or like most things Patriots (and Favre for that matter) should the league just look the other way, and just pretend it goes away? :giggle:

Edited by Beezer34

pats3.gifjets5.gifsteelers3.gif

..and then there were 3. Who's going to the Superbowl?

Not New England.

So how about those 1 and done jets threecups? you've got to get another voodoo doll!!!

brilliant effort top to bottom. Start with the oline, sanchez didn't get TOUCHED today. No sacks, not even any qb hits. And we did this without Damien Woody.

The running game wasn't sustained...but it was effective and we ripped off some big ones when we needed to. Love the little sleeping on the football routine by Greene at the end there. I'm sure that got Mike Francesa all hot and bothered.

Sanchez found cotchery underneath when his initial options were covered. jerricho came up huge.

We covered like madmen in the secondary. Brady was pressured and he wasn't comfortable the entire game. Not many clean free runs at him but he was dancing in and around the pocket all night. Looking for those stupid cheap little checkdowns he feasts on. Most of the time they weren't there...and when they were it wasn't a 25 yard chunk.

great job by Holmes on that catch. He's like the Claude Lemieux of football and damn am I glad to have him on the Jets

Love the little sleeping on the football routine by Greene at the end there. I'm sure that got Mike Francesa all hot and bothered.

Hah Greene should have slept on the ball at the one-yard line, that would have ended the game instead of giving the Pats another chance at an onside kick.

Holmes is weird, he'll make a highlight-reel catch then drop an easy one in the next game. But man, if the Steelers knew they'd have to play us in the AFC Championship I don't think they'd have given him to us for a fifth-rounder :lol: