Amberite

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is still alive:

Report retracted, former Devils coach Pat Burns has not died

CTV in Ottawa retracted an earlier story, which said that former Devils coach Pat Burns had died today following a long battle with lung cancer.

CTV said had “erroneous information” and now says it has “nothing to report about his medical condition at this time.”

Burns, who coached the Devils to the 2003 Stanley Cup, stepped down as coach after the 2003-04 season when he was diagnosed with colon cancer. A year later he was.diagnosed with liver cancer.

He has been working since then as a special assignment scout for the Devils.

He is still alive:

Report retracted, former Devils coach Pat Burns has not died

CTV in Ottawa retracted an earlier story, which said that former Devils coach Pat Burns had died today following a long battle with lung cancer.

CTV said had “erroneous information” and now says it has “nothing to report about his medical condition at this time.”

Burns, who coached the Devils to the 2003 Stanley Cup, stepped down as coach after the 2003-04 season when he was diagnosed with colon cancer. A year later he was.diagnosed with liver cancer.

He has been working since then as a special assignment scout for the Devils.

Thats just cold, people should check their sources esp when dealing with a subject like this!

Pat fvcking Burns!

"I come to Quebec to spend some time with my family and they say I'm dead. I'm not dead, far f------ from it. They've had me dead since June.

From Bob McKenzie's twitter

what a true fighter :cheers: pat burns is still an amazing and well deserved to be in the hall of fame coach

Glad to see Coach Burns is still alive. Full report on what Coach Burns said to TSN Bob McKenzie....

BURNS REFUTES REPORTS TO TSN THAT HE HAS PASSED AWAY

"Here we go again," said the three-time NHL coach of the year. "They're trying to kill me before I'm dead. I come to Quebec to spend some time with my family and they say I'm dead. I'm not dead, far (expletive) from it. They've had me dead since June. Tell them I'm alive. Set them straight."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=334088