Kovalchuk's shift to right wing could give Devils explosive top li

BlizzardCyclone

I agree with DP26. Having Zach and Ilya on different lines has got headache written ALL over it for the other team. No matter which line you try to match up against, it leaves the other to open it up more against your weaker pairing

"that's going to stay in the room"

Great, so it begins. Its only camp.

Status Quo.

meh, i'm not really a fan of that. I think keeping Parise and Kovy on different lines would make the devils difficult to play against. Who do you send your number one pair against? Parise or Kovy?

im not a fan of that either and i think the same thing... whats pissing me off is that i said the same thing last year before the series against the flyers... they surely handled both top lines pretty well lol :horse:

These are the lines I propose be the scoring lines

Kovy - Arnott - Elias

Parise - Zajac - Langenbrunner

Now if those two lines are not getting it done and we start losing a good stretch of games because of it ONLY THEN would I feel that putting Kovy on RW with Parise, and Zajac would be worth it. Like has been said before it makes the most sense to have Parise, and Kovy on seperate lines. If we throw all our best on one line then the other team just throws its best on a line. Forcing the other team to stretch its resources over two lines will create more opportunities and bad pairings.

Kovy - Arnott - Elias

Now if those two lines are not getting it done and we start losing a good stretch of games because of it ONLY THEN would I feel that putting Kovy on RW with Parise, and Zajac would be worth it. Like has been said before it makes the most sense to have Parise, and Kovy on seperate lines. If we throw all our best on one line then the other team just throws its best on a line. Forcing the other team to stretch its resources over two lines will create more opportunities and bad pairings.

I am with you here. I like Kovy and Zach on separate lines. I would keep Zajac and Parise together, and throw Lags or someone else at RW. I do not think Lags is that important here, nearly anyone at RW could find success with these two. I would love to see A-LINE 2.0 feature Kovy-Arnott-Elias. That line could be magical. We will see what happens, but for now it seems that we are going into battle with the Zach/Zajac/Kovy line with Elias/Arnott/Lags as the second....here's a thought: Who do you send out for Power Play Unit 1 and Power Play Unit 2?

A lethal 5 man PP: Arnott, Kovy, Zajac, Elias, Zach! Wow!

Unit 1:Andy Greene quarterbacking, with Kovy on the point, Zajac centering Parise and Langs

Unit 2: Tallinder and Kovy, Arnott centering Elias and Clarky

This is my PP unit, but our PP numbers will probably suck as usual.

Maybe Eckford instead of Tallinder, because I've heard that Eckford can QB the Powerplay.

Edited by RizzMB30

Unit 1:Andy Greene quarterbacking, with Kovy on the point, Zajac centering Parise and Langs

Unit 2: Tallinder and Kovy, Arnott centering Elias and Clarky

This is my PP unit, but our PP numbers will probably suck as usual.

Interesting combinations, I hope Johnny Mac sends out 5 forwards at least sometimes....

Kovy - Arnott - Elias

agreed

I am with you here. I like Kovy and Zach on separate lines. I would keep Zajac and Parise together, and throw Lags or someone else at RW. I do not think Lags is that important here, nearly anyone at RW could find success with these two. I would love to see A-LINE 2.0 feature Kovy-Arnott-Elias. That line could be magical. We will see what happens, but for now it seems that we are going into battle with the Zach/Zajac/Kovy line with Elias/Arnott/Lags as the second....here's a thought: Who do you send out for Power Play Unit 1 and Power Play Unit 2?

A lethal 5 man PP: Arnott, Kovy, Zajac, Elias, Zach! Wow!

In NHL 10 I have Kovy, Zajac, and Elias on PP line 1 and they work like a friggen charm. However RL is different from a video game of course.