Devils Preseason on TV?

Quinn01

I think they only showed a few pre season games last year on tv but does anyone know if they plan on airing the pre season games this year on MSG or whatever?

September 2010

Date Visitor Home Time (ET)

Tue Sep 21, 2010 Devils Flyers 7:00 PM CSN TV TCN-PH

Thu Sep 23, 2010 Devils Rangers 7:00 PM MSG

Sat Sep 25, 2010 Rangers Devils7:00 PM MSG

Tue Sep 28, 2010 Flyers Devils 7:00 PM CSN TV

October 2010

Date Visitor Home Time (ET)

Fri Oct 1, 2010 Islanders Devils 7:00 PM

Sat Oct 2, 2010 Devils Islanders 7:00 PM

Edited by DevilMinder
added schedule

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TG mentioned he talked to Doc and to his knowledge the only preseason games to be televised are both Ranger games. Big surprise there.

So Doc won't even be calling the game, right? Unless they do like they do in the season - Doc/Chico feed on MSG+, Sam/Joe feed on MSG. Or maybe they'll mix the broadcasts, which is something I remember them doing before for preseason games. I guess we'll see.

But if its really only the Devs/Rags games, that's kind of disappointing.

Edited by nmigliore

So is it totally worthless for me to get NHL Gamecenter Live? Will I see NO Devils games?

The problem is that the Devils don't have any intention of televising their games, so they don't have an actual broadcast team that can produce any sort of feed. We see the Rangers games because the Rangers actually broadcast their games and so the Devils "piggyback" onto it. The Islanders don't televise their games either, so when we play them twice, there won't be any actual feed for you to tap into. Hence, Gamecenter Live would be useless.

They piggyback on all team feeds Doc and Chico? Because nearly every game is on MSG or MSGII -- or the dregs MSG plus or whatever that spare channel is when they cut out the TV Guide network and show the third metro team game be it Islanders or Devils. So the Rangers have a couple spare production teams who they lend out t -- what --- that makes zero sense -- you have to explain more for me! Thanks!! I don't get it - they have their own camera team, announcers - so they need their own producers. Or was that sarcasm? Seriously - I'm not understanding the jargon rom what I knwo of sports production -- I just knwo you know cameramen productions teams etc... I can't figure out what out mean - or how the Devils woudl cut and paste all those games without actual -- :noclue:

HELP!!

They piggyback on all team feeds Doc and Chico? Because nearly every game is on MSG or MSGII -- or the dregs MSG plus or whatever that spare channel is when they cut out the TV Guide network and show the third metro team game be it Islanders or Devils. So the Rangers have a couple spare production teams who they lend out t -- what --- that makes zero sense -- you have to explain more for me! Thanks!! I don't get it - they have their own camera team, announcers - so they need their own producers. Or was that sarcasm? Seriously - I'm not understanding the jargon rom what I knwo of sports production -- I just knwo you know cameramen productions teams etc... I can't figure out what out mean - or how the Devils woudl cut and paste all those games without actual -- :noclue:

HELP!!

I'm talking strictly about pre-season games. Obviously the Devils produce and televise their games during the regular season. However, for pre-season games, it's a different story. Aside from Rangers games (which are always televised) and out-of-market feeds, you won't see any Devils telecasts. Since the Islanders are in the same boat, a Devils-Islanders game = no feed, anywhere.