Devils Preseason on TV?

Quinn01

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't find the feed on msg.com anywhere. Don't like being lied to!

So just for the hell of it I e-mailed Bill Daly. Not thinking he'd answer... but I basically asked him why the NHL announced that the game would be blacked out to us Devil fans here in North Jersey... he actually responded:

bdaly@nhl.com

to meshow details 8:44 AM (1 hour ago)

Mr. Timoni - The short answer to your question is that the NHL Network does not have the right to telecast a team's games into its home territory where the exclusive broadcast rights in that territory are owned by another broadcaster -- in this case the MSG Network. This is true even when the local rightsholder is not itself telecasting the team's game. Having said that, we do work with the various broadcasters (sometimes with success, sometimes without) to keep games from going "dark" where they don't have top. That's also the case here. Hope that helps. Bill

So like him or not... he actually gets to the office and first thing in the morning responds to e-mails from fans. That's pretty good of him.

Thanks for the info. Nice job by you!

So just for the hell of it I e-mailed Bill Daly. Not thinking he'd answer... but I basically asked him why the NHL announced that the game would be blacked out to us Devil fans here in North Jersey... he actually responded:

bdaly@nhl.com

to meshow details 8:44 AM (1 hour ago)

Mr. Timoni - The short answer to your question is that the NHL Network does not have the right to telecast a team's games into its home territory where the exclusive broadcast rights in that territory are owned by another broadcaster -- in this case the MSG Network. This is true even when the local rightsholder is not itself telecasting the team's game. Having said that, we do work with the various broadcasters (sometimes with success, sometimes without) to keep games from going "dark" where they don't have top. That's also the case here. Hope that helps. Bill

So like him or not... he actually gets to the office and first thing in the morning responds to e-mails from fans. That's pretty good of him.

You should email back:

Dear Mr Daly,

Funny how your powers of negotiation magically dissapear when it comes to helping Devils fans, rather than than when you are trying to bend our franchise over and have your way with it. In short, no your email has not helped my situation , as i am still sat here not watching the game. In fact your email was about as helpful as the loss of $3million and a 1st and 3rd round draft pick.

As a result of this lack of coverage, i feel the NHL should be punnished, even though I am sure you acted in good faith in replying to the email and followed all the protocal for trying to get the game aired. You will be hearing from my lawyers shortly.

Up yours

Mr Timoni

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9