GDP

Jimmy Leeds

That's only because you read it the way you wanted to.

"Exalts nation... above the individual." - i.e. patriotism in all its forms, a title which the Republican fixes to himself and accuses the Democrats of not being.

That is what Fascism is characterized most by, a strong military, and a my government, right or wrong, kind of attitude in the people. Of course real Fascism is unlikely to ever appear in the U.S.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Exalts nation... above the individual." - i.e. patriotism in all its forms, a title which the Republican fixes to himself and accuses the Democrats of not being.

That's never happened.....that's just a Democratic talking point.

a few days ago it came out that planned layoffs were up 125%

I don't know how the numbers are spun, but the markets don't seem to be buying it anymore.

hey whenever you ship off 40,000 more troops to war, 40,000 new jobs open up. I wouldnt doubt that they factored that in :rolleyes:

Edited by '7'

Jimmy, I took the weekend off from this board. Friday night I went to the Devils game with a former prosecutor. Saturday I cleaned the house and planted a few trees. Yesterday I did laundry and cleaned the car and my boat- a canoe. Every summer I try to go on a week-long wilderness canoe trip with the ex-prosecutor and a guy who finishes wood floors for a living, and our sons. I guess one might describe our group as a very private elite club.

Public employees are entitled to their opinions, and to express them, like anyone else. I was only pointing out the irony in your political positions, not your right to express it.

Please stop the name-calling. It doesn't make you look very good.

I agree that the powers currently given to individual municipal governments should be handed over to the county governments. 22 school districts, 22 police forces, 22 fire departments, 22 municipalities..... etc. That is the most workable scenario. The only problem might be some of the less dense counties such as Warren, Sussex, Ocean and Hunterdon. But that can be dealt with on a case by case basis.

I always make the mistake of thinking there are only 20 counties in NJ.......

Edited by NewarkDevil5

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.