GDT vs Rangers 9/25/10

Satans Hockey

haha this place has reached a new low when people are getting upset about preseason losses.

Yes.

I watch them b/c I'm just excited for hockey at this point, but I can't get that upset about preseason games. Even the early regular season feels a little like extended preseason after the initial excitement wears off...but like 731 noted, there are positives that can be taken out of this 0-0-3 start...and it's not like they're getting smoked every game anyway.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not concerned with any of these losses, it's hard to say what our Defense looks like. Everyone's got a new partner, wasn't even a full line up, etc etc etc.

Maybe I'm crazy, it's been suggested - but one player that concerns me is David Clarkson. After all these years - I feel like he's regressed. Perhaps not skill wise, but brain wise. The guy isn't a genius - but how does he still let Sean Avery dictate the terms of things going on in the game and respond in ways which always seem to play into Sean's hands.

I'm not concerned with any of these losses, it's hard to say what our Defense looks like. Everyone's got a new partner, wasn't even a full line up, etc etc etc.

Maybe I'm crazy, it's been suggested - but one player that concerns me is David Clarkson. After all these years - I feel like he's regressed. Perhaps not skill wise, but brain wise. The guy isn't a genius - but how does he still let Sean Avery dictate the terms of things going on in the game and respond in ways which always seem to play into Sean's hands.

Its the fine line of sticking up for your guys from a troll on one hand and getting involved in said troll's antics to the point that it gets you off your game. The key is your team's selective hearing and its powerplay because the troll is a marked man by the NHL. You need to make the Rangers pay on your PP. Everybody on NJ and every NJ fan would LOVE to kick the troll's ass but that's exactly what he wants with his low rent bullsh!t.

What was the attendance? Seemed crowded for a preseason game.

not sure what the number were but it was a good sized crowd for a pre season game, though it was a saturday night and against the rangers still a good crowd. Not many rangers fans but still a good amount of them. I am willing to bet tuesdays game will be alot less since it is not the rangers and during the week.

Avery is definitely Enemy #1 with the Devils players and crowd. Its amazing he still will not fight clarkson or anyone for that matter, he seems to have alot of talk for someone who never steps up. even the best agitators in the league fought sometimes.

Avery is definitely Enemy #1 with the Devils players and crowd. Its amazing he still will not fight clarkson or anyone for that matter, he seems to have alot of talk for someone who never steps up. even the best agitators in the league fought sometimes.

I was more PO'ed at the refs than Avery. It was a preseason game and the refs refused to take control. Within a few minutes Kovy got his helmet crosschecked off and slashed in the wrist and the ref just looked at both and shrugged. Those are dangerous plays that can result in long term injuries, the refs should be extra on top of that in the preseason.

Edited by Devils731

I was more PO'ed at the refs than Avery. It was a preseason game and the refs refused to take control. Within a few minutes Kovy got his helmet crosschecked off and slashed in the wrist and the ref just looked at both and shrugged. Those are dangerous plays that can result in long term injuries, the refs should be extra on top of that in the preseason.

aren't the refs working without a contract during the preseason? Maybe that's why they did nothing.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/35176-Campbells-Cuts-NHL-referees-to-work-preseason-games-without-contract.html