Sign in to follow this  
hystyk28

Bryce Salvador Out Indefinitely with Concussion

you don't know this. while i think it's likely that salvador would end up in albany, athletes are not always the best judges of their own talent level. you do realize that almost none of the players who've gone down to the minor leagues have ever returned, right? schaefer, mogilny, mcgillis, preissing, rissmiller, brashear, cheechoo - once you get branded, it's not easy to return.

i'm not sure what you're saying here. do you think sal would rather go to the minors thinking he'll make his way back? your argument seems to support my claim instead of refute it - he can either get paid to not play or have to play in the minors this year.

josh: i'd send zharkov down and have the 4th line be leblond-mair-pelley, that buys new jersey a little bit of extra space. every dollar matters.

i still think someone's going - clarkson, white, rolston - somebody somehow. i think they really want josefson and urbom in the lineup but i guess we'll see.

From MacLean's comments today, it sounds like they want at least a few of the rookies in the lineup, which I'm assuming means at least someone else (beside Salvador) is getting traded / waived.

so shortterm good, but can prove to be a problem in a month or 2.

i'm not sure what you're saying here. do you think sal would rather go to the minors thinking he'll make his way back? your argument seems to support my claim instead of refute it - he can either get paid to not play or have to play in the minors this year.

no, i'm saying that salvador has no idea whether he would get picked up on waivers or not. he'd still probably want to be subjected to the process, because the longer he's sitting out, the more likely it is that he's played his last NHL game. even a guy like bryce would want to go out on his own terms, or close to them.

From MacLean's comments today, it sounds like they want at least a few of the rookies in the lineup, which I'm assuming means at least someone else (beside Salvador) is getting traded / waived.

maclean has basically said that he has zero control over personnel decisions. this is interesting because it seems to differ from what coaches would say in years' past. he might want those rookies in there, but that may not happen.

Edited by Triumph

maclean has basically said that he has zero control over personnel decisions. this is interesting because it seems to differ from what coaches would say in years' past. he might want those rookies in there, but that may not happen.

It's possible that Lou has already told MacLean that he thinks the young guys are ready, or that he wants to see what they can do in the regular season. At this point it may truly be MacLean's decision.

i still think someone's going - clarkson, white, rolston - somebody somehow. i think they really want josefson and urbom in the lineup but i guess we'll see.

Josefsen is going to make the the team - where I stand on that has been clear though. Zubrus isn't going to play center, I just can't see that happening. I have to believe one more player will be moved - Rolston is the only player left that I wouldn't mind seeing go but it's still possible I guess that Salvador is traded. One of Rolston/Salvador/Zubrus/Langs/White will be traded and I believe that is the order of priority.

Triumph's 4th line is my 4th line.

It's possible that Lou has already told MacLean that he thinks the young guys are ready, or that he wants to see what they can do in the regular season. At this point it may truly be MacLean's decision.

it can't be. lou is going to pull at least one veteran player off maclean's team, and if he doesn't, then he's going to have to pull some of the rookies.

Josefson can't make the team as of now. Salvador was gone no matter what, it changes nothing. He'd still have to be waived anyway when he was taken off LTIR, if he went on.

Josefson can't make the team as of now. Salvador was gone no matter what, it changes nothing. He'd still have to be waived anyway when he was taken off LTIR, if he went on.

and neither can urbom or corrente. with sal to IR, and NO other moves, this is the ONLY lineup they can put out there:

parise-zajac-kovalchuk

elias-arnott-langenbrunner

rolston-zubrus-clarkson

pelley-mair-PL3

volchenkov-greene

tallinder-taormina

white-fraser

brodeur

hedberg

they don't even have room for one scratch. lou may actually start the season like this and give it a couple of games but it's dangerous pool to be sure. it might not be entirely terrible either because you could give josefson, urbom and corrente (and tedenby too but he was never making the team) serious minutes for a couple of weeks in albany and get their confidence up with lots of play.

Cmon be serious, we all know someone else is going to be traded. Doing that allows us to put our best possible lineup out there.

I have never seen Lou Lamoriello come out and say "he has a concussion" one day after the incident. He is really trying to sell this injury and possibly for a long time.

I have never seen Lou Lamoriello come out and say "he has a concussion" one day after the incident. He is really trying to sell this injury and possibly for a long time.

Lou really has no choice BUT to come out and say "Salvador has a concussion".. Could you imagine the flak he would get for just stating "upper body injury, out indefinitely". Now for some players a concussion could be a "lower body injury"... :giggle:

I just hope Salvador rests, and has no lingering effects from his concussion.

I have never seen Lou Lamoriello come out and say "he has a concussion" one day after the incident.

And he didn't do that this time.