Dish Network No Longer Carrying MSG/MSG+ Effective Immediately

Quinn01

"Effective today, DISH Network is no longer carrying MSG & MSG+ including coverage of the Knicks, Rangers, Islanders, Devils and Sabres. Dish Network subscribers, don’t miss any of the action! Go to IWantMSG.com for more information and to find another provider in your area or call 1-877-616-4MSG."

-MSG's Facebook Fan Page

Unbelievable!!!!

Edited by Quinn01

"Effective today, DISH Network is no longer carrying MSG & MSG+ including coverage of the Knicks, Rangers, Islanders, Devils and Sabres. Dish Network subscribers, don’t miss any of the action! Go to IWantMSG.com for more information and to find another provider in your area or call 1-877-616-4MSG."

-MSG's Facebook Fan Page

Unbelievable!!!!

wow what a crock of sh!t. I'm so glad I switched last yr from Dish to DirectTV.

I dont even know what to say. This really really upsets me. I cant really find much info on this subject to begin wtih. I didnt even know it was occurring until I saw MSG's status on facebook.

Apparently, DN and Fox Sports were going at it as to who would air the sporting events.....Dish lost. They are also considering cutting Nat Geo, FX, and FSM from their lineups starting today.

They wanted more money for the programs and Dish didnt want to pay up so in turn.....the customers pay the price....(literally).

Directv went through the same BS with Versus. They got it cleared up eventually (it did take like 6 months or so). Once Dish Network starts losing customers to DirecTV they'll cough up the dough for MSG. They can't afford to lose the entire NY Market...at least I don't think they can.

I don't understand why sports fans in the NY area would get Dish Network. The lack of YES would be a deal breaker for me.

I am kind of surprised that they would lose MSG and Sportschannel since it looks like the dispute is between Dish and Fox and AFAIK Fox no longer has an ownership stake in Sportschannel.

Edited by PeteyNice

BTW, Dish was also forced to drop more than just MSG/MSG+. They dropped all the FSN Fox sports networks, Nat Geo and FX. Kudos to them for stepping up to Fox. Look at it this way, no matter what someone will be pissed. Either they keep the channels and the prices will go up or they drop the channels and they go away.

I will give them some time to work this sh!t out, I bet they will. Dish still has around 15 million subscribers and i'm sure Fox will eventually drop their demands...hopefully. I've had a great experience with Dish Network and I hate that this sh!t is affecting the end user.

I am hoping that since the FSN channels were pulled that this does not affect the Center Ice option..since most of those games are FSN...

I have Directv, not DISHNetwork, but I can relate because of the Versus mess. I'm sure that they will get it settled eventually when MSG backs off the user fees. The only way DISH can compete with Directv is by offering lower prices than Directv. For that reason, I hope DISH stays viable. Without DISH, Directv would cost as much as cable.

For some reason I woke up today and I now get MSG Plus on Comcast, it is so weird, I am now happy that I don't have to pay and extra $160 to watch the Devil's this year.

What?!? Seriously? What channel is that?

EDIT: OK, just found out this doesn't apply to me, or to "Southern" Jersey. Too bad :(

"Comcast will carry MSG+ HD full time starting on October 15, 2009 for Northern and Central NJ systems within the NYC DMA"

Edited by jim777