Sign in to follow this  
JWomp

Does the Devils Den use the wrong jersey font?

With all of the Kovalchuk jerseys floating around now, I've started to look at them closely. I saw a ton of fake and knockoff Kovy jerseys at the Rock during the pre-season, which in my opinion just look awful and you can tell there's something wrong with them right off the bat, but I never would have expected the Devils Den to mess up a jersey (besides the stupid heat pressed letters). But, based on the comparison photo below, I think the Devils Den might have numbers that differ slightly from the actual on-ice numbers worn by the players.

Below is a comparison of sleeve numbers between Kovalchuk himself on the ice, a Kovy jersey from Exclusive Pro, and a Kovy jersey from the Devils Den.

Thoughts? Am I seeing things? Are the numbers on the Devils Den jersey just spaced wrong? Or are they actually a bit off?

To me it seems like they have the spacing down between the numbers, but the degree of the diagonal slant of the 7 is just wrong on the Devils Den jersey.

SleeveNumbers.jpg

Edited by JWomp

The Devils Den does NOT use the same lettering as the on-ice jerseys (you think they would). i got burned by them once before i knew and then the 2nd time i got a jersey done by them the lettering was so off that I went back and asked them to redo it by sending it to Exclusive Pro.

Yeah they do not use the same lettering, but comparing to the pics that were posted of the Kovy jersey from the Devils Den to that of the real one Kovy wears on the ice, the only difference I see is that the Devils den #'s were slightly more spaced and the black border around each letter and number is slightly wider. I have seen this many times and to me, it is not that big of a deal. I have seen jerseys come back from the NHL store in NYC with the player's name in a completely different font.

Got my Kovy jersey from Exclusive Pro.. It's an authentic RBK Edge too

44193_1457192793398_1340700115_31217877_2489751_n.jpg

Got my Kovy jersey from Exclusive Pro.. It's an authentic RBK Edge too

44193_1457192793398_1340700115_31217877_2489751_n.jpg

awesome.... how long did it take?

awesome.... how long did it take?

3 weeks from the time they received it until it was shipped out.. Another 5 days to come via UPS.. But it's worth it because it's the only way to guarantee authentic lettering

3 weeks from the time they received it until it was shipped out.. Another 5 days to come via UPS.. But it's worth it because it's the only way to guarantee authentic lettering

nice..... i have one blank jersey and will have a 2nd one soon.. i am still unsure who to get :huh:

Looks good and if I ever get an authentic jersey and not a replica, then I would have mine done with Exclusive Pro. I only have replicas right now and as long as it is stitched on and the font on the letters is the same or close, then I am a happy camper.

Colin,

Can you please take a close of up of the fabric of the name plate versus the fabric of the jersey? I had concern and question about it and the photo will tell me all I need to know concerning it.

Matt

(EDITTED TO ASK POLITELY)

Edited by Chorske17

Yeah they do not use the same lettering, but comparing to the pics that were posted of the Kovy jersey from the Devils Den to that of the real one Kovy wears on the ice, the only difference I see is that the Devils den #'s were slightly more spaced and the black border around each letter and number is slightly wider. I have seen this many times and to me, it is not that big of a deal. I have seen jerseys come back from the NHL store in NYC with the player's name in a completely different font.

i was just curious if u wanted to get a jersey customized at the Devils Den, how long does it usually take and is there a line?

Colin,

Can you please take a close of up of the fabric of the name plate versus the fabric of the jersey? I had concern and question about it and the photo will tell me all I need to know concerning it.

Matt

(EDITTED TO ASK POLITELY)

Haha yeah I'll try but why did you have to edit your post and add politeness? I don't think we've talked before :noclue:

The crappy little camera I have won't focus close enough to get a clear pic but I spent a few minutes looking back and forth and my analysis is that the fabric of the nameplate is the same as on the jerseys only it looks slightly different because the letters get pressed on the nameplate fabric so it flattens that fabric out and makes it appear slightly different than the jersey material

Nice jersey Colin, I got mine from Exclusive Pro too! It came on Tuesday, just in time for opening night.

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

Also Matt, why don't you just call Exclusive Pro and ask then if they use Edge 1.0 or Edge 2.0 fabric for the nameplates?

Jordan, I'll call within the next few days and ask. I believe it is a large percentage that still is usuing the 1.0 fabric. Is yours Jordan? It should feel softer. I was told by Exclusive pro, that they used 2.0 fabric for the game worn stuff, but I didn't think to ask about authentics since the last time I bought one was in 1999.

I can't tell what mine is. There are two different types of fabric on my jersey. The sleeves have smaller holes, and the body of the jersey has larger holes. The nameplate fabric matches the body fabric, not the sleeve fabric, but I've never held an Edge 2.0 authentic so I have nothing to go by when determining what kind of fabric was used on my nameplate.

The nameplate on a numbered/lettered 2.0 jersey should be 2.0 material to match the fabric used for the arms (air knit).

IMO, I think some people get a bit too anal with this, but to each their own! It's your $, so you should get what you want.

Just trying to learn what fabric is what. I don't know that I am in the market for an authentic, but after seeing the tons of garbage out there, I'd like to make the best informed decsion I can.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.