Expect David Clarkson to do more for Devils

Devs4LIFE

Im done with this guy, hes absolute crap, i dont want to hear "he brings energy, i like his character" im done watching this guy attempt to play hockey, he slows down and kills any linemates, i feel bad for zub and josefson tonight they played great but were slowed down by clarkson...trade him waive him throw him on the 4th line, something

Are you kidding me? 5 games in and you're throwing the guy under the bus? Why don't we trade Parise while we're at it because that slacker has only scored 1 goal in 5 games, what a BUM. The guy plays a role that no one else on this roster I can see filling. He fights, he isn't afraid of anyone, he works hard, and has improved his game each and every year he's been here to now be a guy capable of 30-40pts.

I'd ten times rather keep Clarkson than Zubrus. Zubrus puts up 3rd line point totals for 2 line money. 3.4mil is far too much for a guy who can't put the puck in the net to save his life. He protects the puck and battles on the boards like no other, but he doesn't convert that into successful plays. Last year Clarkson put up nearly identical numbers as Zubrus and he played a few less games, so using that to judge, which is imo is a better sample to judge each player by, Clarkson is the at least as productive a player as Zubrus for $700k less. I don't want to hear the arguement that Clarkson has disappeared in the playoffs because the whole team has disappeared in the postseason lately and Zubrus' good play hasn't led the team anywhere in the postseason, so that isn't doing us much either.

I think everyone here who's trying to trade away anyone and anything needs to chill out. Our cap situation is temporarily relieved and I think we can give all the players a good 3-4 weeks to play before we need to make tough decisions and at that point if someone is under performing, they should be the one to get waived or traded.

Edited by ATLL765

Are you kidding me? 5 games in and you're throwing the guy under the bus? Why don't we trade Parise while we're at it because that slacker has only scored 1 goal in 5 games, what a BUM. The guy plays a role that no one else on this roster I can see filling. He fights, he isn't afraid of anyone, he works hard, and has improved his game each and every year he's been here to now be a guy capable of 30-40pts.

I'd ten times rather keep Clarkson than Zubrus. Zubrus puts up 3rd line point totals for 2 line money. 3.4mil is far too much for a guy who can't put the puck in the net to save his life. He protects the puck and battles on the boards like no other, but he doesn't convert that into successful plays. Last year Clarkson put up nearly identical numbers as Zubrus and he played a few less games, so using that to judge, which is imo is a better sample to judge each player by, Clarkson is the at least as productive a player as Zubrus for $700k less. I don't want to hear the arguement that Clarkson has disappeared in the playoffs because the whole team has disappeared in the postseason lately and Zubrus' good play hasn't led the team anywhere in the postseason, so that isn't doing us much either.

I think everyone here who's trying to trade away anyone and anything needs to chill out. Our cap situation is temporarily relieved and I think we can give all the players a good 3-4 weeks to play before we need to make tough decisions and at that point if someone is under performing, they should be the one to get waived or traded.

If i was a member on this board 3 years ago i would be saying the same thing about clarkson, i never liked him, not just five games its hundreds, zub is DEFINITELY overpaid but hes my favorite player he gives 100% every night, put him on the 2nd line and he'll produce, NO ONE can produce with clarkson right now. If clarkson returns to his play he had early last year than hell keep him, but since his injury i fear he will never return to that level.

Zub can produce when put on the second line for a full season

05-06 Gp71 G23 A34 PTS57

06-07 GP79 G24 A36 PTS60

Edited by Zubie#8