Taormina down, Henrique up

Triumph

I don't think the team gets the player until the end of the waiver period. So at that time you can call up the replacement if the original player is claimed.

Just quickly skimming through the waiver section nothing like that is covered, but it wouldn't make since for the league to not allow a team to immediately call a player up to stay at the minimum. There is also nothing that says that the player does not count against roster during the waiver period, all it says is he can't be traded or loaned.

great fvcking document that turned out to be. lol. maybe they'll spend more than a week on the next one. so, you have a roster limit and it doesn't tell you how the roster limit works.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great fvcking document that turned out to be. lol. maybe they'll spend more than a week on the next one. so, you have a roster limit and it doesn't tell you how the roster limit works.

There is a section on roster limits that says except in emergencies roster can't be reduced below 18 skaters and 2 goalies. Don't know what is considered an emergency though.

c'mon, this isn't rocket science, it's brain surgery.

but seriously, emergency conditions are pretty well established by 13.12(m). now i understand the circularity of it all, but my guess is that emergency conditions are covered under 13.12(m) or the non-roster list covered by 16.12 (e.g. birth/death in the family).

It just seems that the whole office is all over the place. They are scattering to just make sense of the whole situation when in reality, its making it more complicated. I think in a few days itll all be figured out once the season is under way. Until then, its just going to be a sh!t storm.

I don't understand why the Devils even put Salvador on LTIR instead of just waiving him.

because if someone claimed him just to mess with our finances, we'd be screwed, according to 13.20(a), which says "The Club acquiring a Player by Waiver claim shall take an Assignment of the Player's SPC. Nevertheless, if the Commissioner determines that a Player acquired by Waiver claim is not physically fit at the time the claim is made, the Club making the claim may refuse to take an Assignment of such Player's SPC and the request for Waivers shall be canceled."

now of course this all depends on what one's definition of 'physically fit' is, but it seems highly unethical to waive an injured player.

well, according to TG henrique isn't at practice; does that make sense for a guy just called up? he'd probably hitch a ride with kevin costner and james earl jones to iowa if it meant playing in the NHL. i think mair's signed or will be by the end of the day.

Edited by Triumph

well, according to TG henrique isn't at practice; does that make sense for a guy just called up? he'd probably hitch a ride with kevin costner and james earl jones to iowa if it meant playing in the NHL. i think mair's signed or will be by the end of the day.

:clap: I like what I saw of him at a preseason game.

TG said it was a paper move.

I'm sure there is a reason. Some arbitration eligibility / bonus /waiver claim reason why the move was made. No clue what it is, but there is always a method to the madness.

Joe

Yea, I really don't see Henrique in Friday night's lineup. I'm going to stick to my guns and continue to say Mair will play tmw.

Edited by ben00rs

This has something to do with the injured non-roster list because Pittsburgh did something similar with Staal and Tangradi. I expect Taormina to be up tomorrow and Henrique back down.

Edit: Someone on TG's blog said something about bonus cushion. Not sure, and really it doesn't matter.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac