Letourneau-Leblond clears waivers; assigned to AHL

Triumph

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fraser will be the enforcer. He has fight in him... Kovy shouldn't fight his hands (and head) as worth too much and just not in terms of money. Fraser might look better after a few fights and well, I think he has dropped the gloves a few times? (I might be thinking of Salvador?)... I just hope Fraser takes some boxing lessons during his normal training and KO's anyone that messes with our team...

Clarkson is a fighter also, but I think he can be used else where better.

"I'm gonna give you an offer you can't refuse. You get your contract, and then you fight like hell in the opening games. Don't worry about the suspension, I've consulted the Penalty Flow Chart."

:lol:

And yeah, I don't really see a use for having both fraser and Pl3 dressed in the same game.

Which position is better for an enforcer? 4th line winger, or 7th (dressed, in our case) defenseman?

Edited by Devilsfan118

Can't add Mair's salary until after LeBlond clears, right?

Possibly can't sign Mair anyways. We can afford to pay him about 600K after Leblond clears. -Hopefully he is willing to take a close to minimum contract.

Oh and the answer to your question is yes.

Edited by ben00rs

Possibly can't sign Mair anyways. We can afford to pay him about 600K after Leblond clears. -Hopefully he is willing to take a close to minimum contract.

I would guess if Mair had any options over league minimum available to him he would have taken them already, so I think his option will be take league minimum from the Devils or take nothing.

I would guess if Mair had any options over league minimum available to him he would have taken them already, so I think his option will be take league minimum from the Devils or take nothing.

I would agree that is the most logical way of thinking. But there is an off-chance he stuck around because Lou told him he would be getting a contract and it would be more than other teams would offer him.

I would agree that is the most logical way of thinking. But there is an off-chance he stuck around because Lou told him he would be getting a contract and it would be more than other teams would offer him.

mair has said he wants a cup, it would be idiotic to offer him anything more than the minimum.

mair has said he wants a cup, it would be idiotic to offer him anything more than the minimum.

Agreed. The point of having him is to have him at minimum. But you can't deny that there is an off chance that Lou told him if he stayed he would come close to matching his last contract.

Wow, Lou had some rough words for Leblond today. Can't remember too many times when he's been this blunt:

"But I didn’t like what transpired at the end of the game in that situation. Five minutes left to play, an instigating penalty, you know it’s a suspension. And he’s going to miss a game. You have to be more intelligent than that."

Wow, Lou had some rough words for Leblond today. Can't remember too many times when he's been this blunt:

"But I didn’t like what transpired at the end of the game in that situation. Five minutes left to play, an instigating penalty, you know it’s a suspension. And he’s going to miss a game. You have to be more intelligent than that."

Words that needed to be said though. We don't need to be going after people at the end of a game where we're getting blown out. That's philadelphia territory

It was almost like they were waiting for someone to "mess up". Lou was sitting watching the fight PL3 had laughing saying to himself...."GOTCHA!"

Ill miss PL3's fights too. Itll be interesting to see what happens next.

there is a difference between messing up and doing something which comes with an automatic suspension when you know your team has cap problems and a player already got a puck to the face so you might be shorthanded already the next game. I thought Peters not tieing down his jersey was dumb, but this took it to a whole new level of stupid.

I would stll like to know why there were no fights in the second period, when the team was loosing momentum but the game wasn't out of reach. A fight at 2-4 has a chance to spark the team. fighting at 2-6 just means you want to hit the showers early.

Joe