NHLPA Conducting Internal Review On Devils

njdevil26

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it better for NHLPA membership if Devils sent one of their vets to the minors for rest of season (ie. Redden) to ice full 18 skaters?

Yes, because 1 NHLPA member would get paid for playing in the minors, and three/four other NHLPA members would then get paid for playing in the NHL

I guess the demotee & the promoted players are all NHLPA members, but still more members getting paid is a primary objective of the association

there's just a roster mess that's lacking in offensive forwards. i'll take this mess which will resolve itself within two to three weeks. barring further injury, sal will eventually be waived and one of langenbrunner/clarkson/zubrus is gone. I'm very much hoping it's not zubrus.

The dynamic due to the start of the season has changed tremendously. A lot of rumors were flying that Lou was talking with Burke to bring Kaberle over for Langs or Clarkson. I'm pretty sure that is no longer viable. The Leafs are clicking right now so I'm not sure that Burke would be too keen to change his roster. The only other viable option is Langs to the Avs but who do you get in return. I would be happy with Scott Hannan and maybe some other compensation.

Yes, because 1 NHLPA member would get paid for playing in the minors, and three/four other NHLPA members would then get paid for playing in the NHL

I guess the demotee & the promoted players are all NHLPA members, but still more members getting paid is a primary objective of the association

i disagree. the NHLPA does not want to have 10 year veterans in the minor leagues, especially when their only sin is being paid too much. someone like bryce salvador would absolutely be in the NHL on half his salary; he would also be in the NHL if the cap were at 65 million, or if there were no cap at all.

Edited by Triumph

Ultimately, the Devils are paying the price for signing Rolston and possibly Tallinder and Clarkson (we could have used Danis discount too).

I have a feeling the Devils have pisssttt their season away with this crap.

I guess Lou was right, he does not even need to sign a full roster of players for all future games and can save even more money. Now, Lou knows he will only have to sign enough players for 3 lines and can worry even less about his cap next season.

Obviously he is not planning on dressing 15 skaters for every game.

I'm confused.

Teams are alowd to have 20 man rosters as long as they are under the cap(barely).

2 injuries and a suspension occur during a game.

weekends require 48 hours to clear waivers.

Even if lou wanted to make move, what could he have done? Even if he makes a trade, is there a guarentee that the players would make it to nj in time?

I don't get why the NHLPA would investigate it. If you have the min number on the roster, and the max salary, you have the highesst average player payroll.

And for the doomsayers, 3 games in less then 4 nights. played fairly well in the 3rd period in a game where they could have easily said, we are shorthanded and given up. I didn't see the entire game but saw the pp's were lopsided as well, 1-6 and 0-2.

Kovy's shot goes in instead of the post in the first period of the dallas game and who knows.

game 3 of 82. haven't missed the playoffs in 17 years, I think I can give the franchise the benifit of doubt for 10 games or so.

If they head to the west coast with 20 players, I may change my tune a bit, but my god.

have a feeling the Devils have pisssttt their season away with this crap.

With out looking it up, how was Chicago after 3 games last year? how was philly?

Joe

So you are perfectly happy attending a game for your favorite team knowing in advance that they are starting and will be playing the entire game with a disadvantage? I guess that is your perogative, but I'd at least want to pay money to see my team without a disadvantage before the puck even drops.

i could say if it wasn't crosby and malkin, they'd have the advantage with brodeur, parise and kovalchuk being the 3 best guys on the ice most nights by a mile. again, would someone feel "less cheated" if clarkson or langenbrunner wasn't here and last night had mair, sestito, davis and tedenby in the lineup? that's essentially what you're asking.