GDT: Devils @ Sabres 7:00 EST

Devil Fan

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Langs needs to be traded asap or at the very least stripped of his captaincy.

See this line looks like a nowhere comment but after 3 games in the season.I think this guy was the player who did nothing at all in these three games.We didn't even see him.

He still got that look on his face like he is mad or something.

I was one of those who during all summer said that we should keep him but if he is going to be as sh!ty as he was in the last 3 games and have that mad kid look on his face all season long then just fvck off.We don't need a guy who will mess up the dressing room and we surelly don't need this guy wearing the "C".

If we are able to trade him for an average Puck moving defense-men then do it ASAP

Edited by SS-SS

While I don't totally agree with Manta his pessimism is definitely beginning to make sense. I'm more apt now to agree with him. Unless Kovy can somehow get going this signing was dreadful. It should have been apparent last season but his style of play just doesn't fit into the organization.

Langs needs to be traded asap or at the very least stripped of his captaincy.

Exactly - because Zach Parise or Patrick Elias wearing the "C" is going to magically show our defense how to move the puck out of the zone and miraculously transform 2 NHL defense rookies into experienced defensive stalwarts.

I'm also sure every GM in the league is offering up their best Duncan Keith's, Kaberle's and Vishnovsky's for Jamie Langenbrunner (all contracts that we couldn't afford to come back incidentally).

Why are we so worried about the 2.8 million dollar man, when the 100M man remains scoreless?

New players, new lines, new chemistry, what do folks expect out of this guy? He was a scapegoat before he ever hit the ice this season.

Or must we continue to manipulate three words in some TG quote to somehow prove him for the pouty slacker he really is.....

While I don't totally agree with Manta his pessimism is definitely beginning to make sense. I'm more apt now to agree with him. Unless Kovy can somehow get going this signing was dreadful. It should have been apparent last season but his style of play just doesn't fit into the organization.

you almost got me but the two previous posts were a giveaway. well done nonetheless.

Look I agree that we are surelly not the best organization to fit a guy like Kovy but a player with his tallent just fits anywhere.

Get him a Puck moving defense men and he will do miracles on the rush and on the PP.

Our PP is disgusting.Don't you ever ask yourself why ???

Look at a team like the Habs.When they are on the PP.They are not even near to have the talent we got.

As of last season.

Habs:Camalleri,Gomez.Plekanec,Markov,Spacek (useless)

Devils:Zajac,Elias,Parise,Greene/Rolston,Kovalchuk

Do you see where is the problem ??? Puck moving Defense men.The habs are on the PP and you basically see Markov moving the puck in that offensive zone creating space for his teammates and giving the good passes.

Devils on the PP.Kovy pass to Greene.Greene to Kovy a one timer and ohhh kick save by Leighton.

Predictable PP because no one moves the puck.Nobody actually takes the puck a skate significantly with it to create any space or creativity.

Same thing on the rush.Kovy can't take a puck from our zone and skate it to the opposite zone and hope for a goal every time.

John MacLean is not happy. He just stopped morning skate and yelled at team for being listless. A lot of profanity.

MacLean: Sloppy guys, that was sloppy. Patty and Arnie, you guys are playing old, Kovy you're trying to do too much...

(Clarkson is shaking his head)

MacLean: Hey, don't shake your head at me Clarky. You got something to say.

Clarkson: I just don't get why we're all getting yelled at...I mean I attempted a few wrap arounds...

MacLean: Yippe Ki Ya motherfvcker.

From the TG report of MacLean ripping into the players:

“It’s like anything when you don’t have the success or things aren’t going your way,” goaltender Martin Brodeur said. “We started practice a little sloppy, missing a couple passes and he felt it was an opportunity for him to put his foot down a bit and that’s fine. I think that’s what a coach needs to do at times. There’s times for everything and he felt it was one of the things he needed to do. It isn’t all rosie inside our locker room. There’s definitely concern and trying to get out of it. We’re trying to get out it. It’s part of the game. I think we are embacing it as much as we can. We want to play well and sometimes you need to get kicked in the butt a bit to realize what we need to to do.”

In the words of LD, this outburst is Marty Brodeur approved. koolaid.gif

Exactly - because Zach Parise or Patrick Elias wearing the "C" is going to magically show our defense how to move the puck out of the zone and miraculously transform 2 NHL defense rookies into experienced defensive stalwarts.I'm also sure every GM in the league is offering up their best Duncan Keith's, Kaberle's and Vishnovsky's for Jamie Langenbrunner (all contracts that we couldn't afford to come back incidentally).Why are we so worried about the 2.8 million dollar man, when the 100M man remains scoreless?New players, new lines, new chemistry, what do folks expect out of this guy? He was a scapegoat before he ever hit the ice this season. Or must we continue to manipulate three words in some TG quote to somehow prove him for the pouty slacker he really is.....

Well your post says it all.

You ask why people are worrying about the 2.8 man while the 100 men is still scoreless.

Well as you said.Our defense don't move the puck so I guess he can't be moving it himself.Actually he tries it every game a couple of times. :noclue:

Look I agree that we are surelly not the best organization to fit a guy like Kovy but a player with his tallent just fits anywhere.

Get him a Puck moving defense men and he will do miracles on the rush and on the PP.

Our PP is disgusting.Don't you ever ask yourself why ???

Look at a team like the Habs.When they are on the PP.They are not even near to have the talent we got.

As of last season.

Habs:Camalleri,Gomez.Plekanec,Markov,Spacek (useless)

Devils:Zajac,Elias,Parise,Greene/Rolston,Kovalchuk

Do you see where is the problem ??? Puck moving Defense men.The habs are on the PP and you basically see Markov moving the puck in that offensive zone creating space for his teammates and giving the good passes.

Devils on the PP.Kovy pass to Greene.Greene to Kovy a one timer and ohhh kick save by Leighton.

Predictable PP because no one moves the puck.Nobody actually takes the puck a skate significantly with it to create any space or creativity.

Same thing on the rush.Kovy can't take a puck from our zone and skate it to the opposite zone and hope for a goal every time.

We have several areas of concern when it comes to our PP not just a PMD. We need someone to get in front of the net for starters. Having Center Ice I watch a lot of games. Compared to other teams out PP looks schizophrenic and sloppy. We can barely set up kind of rhythm going and if we get a cycle going down low it's a success if we can cycle it twice.

A PMD would be a good idea but where are we going to find one? The Habs PP was good last season but that's not chaclking anything up to markov. He was injured most of last season. The Habs just know how to run a power play.

This whole thing is a mess. We can't call up players because of the cap. We can't sign any more UFAs because of the cap. It's all because of the Kovaltross or Albachuk which leaves our team thoroughly Kovalf&cked!

I want to know where some folks think the all-purpose, magical PMD could come from?

Martin was the best PMD available this summer, and we know what his shortcomings were.

Markov, Vish, Keith, Chara, - who's giving up those guys? The last one who signed was Boumeester and he commanded $6M+, the cost of Pronger via trade has subsequently weakened Anaheim and he's aging.

These guys don't grow on trees, especially those that can actually PLAY DEFENSE as well.

So the plan was to see if the kids could do the job, and now three games in folks are screaming bloody murder. Like these guys were just going to come out of the gate and light it up?

Seems that few here want to pay the real cost for one of these PMD guys.

No one wants to move "the monster" Zubrus, because he showed up for 4 playoff games in the last 3 seasons (forgetting that his nickname was Zu-bust for the longest time). Some folks think that a 35 year old Langs is gonna fetch the magic key - if he could have - I think Lou would have done it.

If you don't draft them - you can't afford 'em. Not with a $6m Elias, a $6.66 Kovalchuk, a soon-to-be $6M+ Parise, and a $5 albatross around our necks....

... and I thought Andy Greene was supposed to be THAT guy anyways?

I just don't see the answer as plain and simple, otherwise it would be done by now.

Edited by DevilinLA

Exactly - because Zach Parise or Patrick Elias wearing the "C" is going to magically show our defense how to move the puck out of the zone and miraculously transform 2 NHL defense rookies into experienced defensive stalwarts.

I'm also sure every GM in the league is offering up their best Duncan Keith's, Kaberle's and Vishnovsky's for Jamie Langenbrunner (all contracts that we couldn't afford to come back incidentally).

Why are we so worried about the 2.8 million dollar man, when the 100M man remains scoreless?

New players, new lines, new chemistry, what do folks expect out of this guy? He was a scapegoat before he ever hit the ice this season.

Or must we continue to manipulate three words in some TG quote to somehow prove him for the pouty slacker he really is.....

Bit of a bold pronouncement on your part but predictable from a Sutterite. I'm in no way implying that our defensive inefficiencies are going to simply vanish if the captaincy is given to Elias or Parise; however, there is obviously some problem and in my opinion he was as much as fault in the flyers series as our poor defense was.

As for your other points I'm not asking for Keith, Kaberle, or Vishnovsky in fact i'd be happy with a Ryan Wilson, Trevor Daley, or a Jason Demers ( who i would trade for right now and give up Alex Urbom in the process). I understand your grievance with Kovlachuk and would have rather given a contract to Carlo Colaiacovo. But at the moment Kovalchuk is the least of our problems.

Edited by H.E. Pennypacker

Well your post says it all.

You ask why people are worrying about the 2.8 man while the 100 men is still scoreless.

Well as you said.Our defense don't move the puck so I guess he can't be moving it himself.Actually he tries it every game a couple of times. :noclue:

Kovy isn't scoreless, he does have 2 assists. Also, it's not 2.8 vs 100 2.8 vs 6.66 or whatever vs 100. I understand the point, and agree that Kovy should have a bigger impact on the team, but that just goes into the Langs shouldn't be captain camp. It just tilts me when people are inacurate(like my spelling) with their arguments. Just like all the 0-3 crowd. an OT loss is still a point even if you don't agree. Getting stuff wrong just doesn't help help you point.

I'm not a strip Langs of the C crowd either, think he sulks now how would he react. I am off the since the team need to clear some space, Langs is near the top of the list camp though

People are worrying about the 2.8 man becasue at times it looks like he isn't trying as hard unless he is with ZZ.

loved this quote from here suprised no one brought it up

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/10/angry_john_maclean_cuts_devils.html

"The coach can do whatever he wants whenever he wants," Langenbrunner pointed out. "He just wants to make sure we get focused. We didn't have the intensity."

I guess the 'you know, except when a coach wants to rest me for a meaningless game at the end of the season' part got cut off.

Shhhh. The only shut out going on tonight will be coming from Marty. Mair hat trick.

Definitely possible since many people have bought NHL 11. But in the real world forget it. The way Marty's been playing we'd be better off with one of those cardboard goalie cutouts they use in practice. It'd probably have a quicker glove hand.

But at the moment Kovalchuk is the least of our problems.

Kovalchuk is the biggest catalyst for our problems. We didn't dress 15 on Monday for sh%ts and giggles. We couldn't bring anyone up for cap issues. Now we're trying to hook and crook by hoping two of our players remain on LTIR so we can exceed the cap. If we didn't sign Kovy we'd have 6.66 mil to fill needed positions especially on the defensive end. You can pick up a couple of nice D-Men and maybe another forward for that kind of cash.

Kovalchuk is the biggest catalyst for our problems. We didn't dress 15 on Monday for sh%ts and giggles. We couldn't bring anyone up for cap issues. Now we're trying to hook and crook by hoping two of our players remain on LTIR so we can exceed the cap. If we didn't sign Kovy we'd have 6.66 mil to fill needed positions especially on the defensive end. You can pick up a couple of nice D-Men and maybe another forward for that kind of cash.

Well aware bruv but that is all in the past. Right now at this very moment our defensive ineptitude is what is going to cost us another game tonight. Not the fact that Ilya Kovalchuk didn't score again.

His contract is an issue, but that is Lou's/Vanderbeek's fault and they knew what they were doing when they signed him.. Don't be mad at Kovy for wanting a huge contract and getting it