GAME 4: TH/HM/TG

MB3

I didn't get a chance to watch the whole game, only the end. But I noticed everyone putting Kovalchuk and Taormina as the TH/HM. I was wondering if they were really the team heroes, or just the game heroes. If we keep track of this, I'd rather it not be like the 3stars with whoever scored the game winner, but instead actually have whoever played the best.

TH: Kovalchuk (I really didn't think he played that well, but he scored the game-winner, and that's what matters in the end)

HM: Brodeur (Didn't face a ton of shots but made some nice saves and picked up the shutout)

TG: Clarkson (I don't even think he can figure out what hes doing out there)

TH: Marty

HM: Colin White

TG: Elias (I love Patty, but he was floating worse than Rolston or Special Nieds did last year)

Side Note: Langs completely invisible all game and had my vote for TG locked up until he bailed himself out with the play in OT.

Marty

Langenbrunner (White a distant second - it worked but it wasn't right - if he can just buy himself more time with total focus and awareness not last minute asssavage he'd be great!) I'm loving Arnott too... I feel like he's giving Jamie a good vibe somehow...Jamie isn't all there but he's taken a step back and -- he's taking his time -- but when he plays he's SO THERE even if it doesn't always pay off... if he just continues to just stand around and only move when he sees it, then I'll have issues -- but it seems more to me he's making room at the moment for adjustment - lasting solid change/correction.

EDIT: HAHA! I didn't even see the post above. Yeah -- I just see something going on there...it's not invisible - he's just giving himself room, not buying in to this mindless action thing -- this is the time of year for it - but like I said if I see Jamie is passively watching I'll have a problem with it.

and... well -- does it even need typing? doofus.

Edited by Pepperkorn

I'm surprised we all agree on Clarkson. I wonder if it's a herd effect from reading the thread, though I came in here with Clarkson in mind.

:lol:

woudl that it were ... **sigh**

I'm afraid he's in line to become my next project... he CAN be saved!!

#1 - happiness = baaaaad. Home is just a support system - sex is for those adorable babies. Those adorable babies aren't your problem -- that's what your wife signed on for. You just bring home the bacon... and sausage -- the rest is just hockey - no leg shaving - you've got your woman and she can deal with au naturel Clarkson while you find your mojo. All the good stuff is still there and ... just contentement can't flow into all other parts of your life.... Im not saying that's whats going on... and you don't have to have a BAD home life... it's got to be a given and if the old lady has an issue... it's HER issue. I dont know how to address that stuff... it upsets me to think about (evil lying bitch :giggle: ) ANYHOW -- no worries for you there just don't feel all happy warm and fuzzy at work!

#2 - mojo IS created... but it's free flowing. It does not come by magic as you know, it comes by hard work. YOU DO NOT KNOW ABOUT HOCKEY. That is your next step. You've learned what hard work gets you... if you've gotten here you can move forward and learn honest to goodness skill. Tricks are HARDER to learn than skill. I'd like to see how Clarkson woudl take to tap dancing, or playing the piano. I never studied either -- but when I want to feel the music it can just flow through the fingers to the keys... or if you want to keep on the time with tap you just shift your awareness and the steps just come out of your feet and it's right -- because it has to be. Hockey -- you've found a way to make it come, but it's not right -- it's off count so you're missing. It's not the steps you need, you need to feel the flow without cheating to stay on tempo... feel the tempo, dont CREATE it ... just feel what's there and GET ON IT. OK -- so any of you players reading this -- make sure he's actually playing right AND staying on tempo.... some hockey player HAS to understand what I'm saying here.... :argh:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Ahh man.. I dont think Clarkson can be my project... I dont get him at all... I just see he's been working his ass off, but it's those little last second things he's been cheating on and I don't think he has to. I don't know... I don't know his mindset... I dont know why he shaves his legs either... maybe he needs to.

I wonder if Arnott can see it? Arnott is just so gifted he never had to work so he's had to learn and now knows how to work and all --- but can he help just tweak Clarkson's vision, his approach -- his touch with the puck? I dont get Arnott either really so that's why I feel like maybe he's the guy to help Clarkson? they both have an effective vanity -- my vanity is "love it or leave -- but you know you love it :uni: " even when I'm a fat pig I'll be that way... I'm a zit face now :argh:

Cupcake!?!?!?! Do you get Clarkson? Can you feel what he needs to get on his game?

Edited by Pepperkorn

TH: Kovy

HM: Marty

TG: Clarkson

Yet again, Clarkson shows that at his very best, he is a third line player and once again shows that people here saying he could even be on the 2nd line are dead-wrong. He adds nothing to the team but dumb penalties, horrible skating, and bricks for hands (yeah I know he scored a couple of pretty goals last season, but 2 goals out of many failed breakaways he has had and wrap-arounds do not hide he has bad hands)

I'm surprised we all agree on Clarkson. I wonder if it's a herd effect from reading the thread, though I came in here with Clarkson in mind.

I have a hard time giving it to Clarkson when always looked to be working hard, and didn't make any costly turnovers or blow defensive coverage. Lack of skills does not a Team Goat make. I have a much bigger problem with lack of effort, and the aforementioned turnovers and blown coverage.