Kovy vs. Ovechkin

Derlique

I wouldn't put Lehtonen on that list of draft busts. He's doing pretty well in Dallas. Pavelec is a good up and coming goalie too if he can just quit falling down.

He is good, but the thing is how much has Lehtonen played due to injury? He only looks better because Rick Dipietro is more injured than him.

Also got to give Washington credit for drafting well. Yeah they drafted pretty high for a few years when they were pretty bad, but it is paying dividends for them now. Atlanta has drafted some pretty big busts for them (Stefan and Lehtonen) or they drafted well and no longer on the team (Heatley, Coburn, and now Kovalchuk).

+1

I agree. Washington has had some gems (Backstrom, Varly, Carlson, Semin was drafted pretty late in the first round too i think). Pitt gets too much credit. everyone slobbers over the job they've done. fleury, crosby, malkin and staal are all top 3 picks lol. Its pretty hard to screw up if you draft that high. Although I hate them, the flyers dont get enough credit. Besides the 06-07 season, theyve been as successful as us and they've still drafted: carter, richards and claude giroux (who will end up being a superstar)

I agree. Washington has had some gems (Backstrom, Varly, Carlson, Semin was drafted pretty late in the first round too i think). Pitt gets too much credit. everyone slobbers over the job they've done. fleury, crosby, malkin and staal are all top 3 picks lol. Its pretty hard to screw up if you draft that high. Although I hate them, the flyers dont get enough credit. Besides the 06-07 season, theyve been as successful as us and they've still drafted: carter, richards and claude giroux (who will end up being a superstar)

Paul Holmgren is a very underrated GM. Trading for Pronger, and fleecing Nashville for Hartnell and Timmonen was sheer genius.

Also got to give Washington credit for drafting well. Yeah they drafted pretty high for a few years when they were pretty bad, but it is paying dividends for them now. Atlanta has drafted some pretty big busts for them (Stefan and Lehtonen) or they drafted well and no longer on the team (Heatley, Coburn, and now Kovalchuk).

So regular season success is good for Washington, who has won 1 playoff round since 97-98. won their division 5 times in that span. Missed the playoffs 4 times.

but Devils have won the division 4 of the last 5 years, only 2 playoff series wins, and should replace their GM?

So regular season success is good for Washington, who has won 1 playoff round since 97-98. won their division 5 times in that span. Missed the playoffs 4 times.

but Devils have won the division 4 of the last 5 years, only 2 playoff series wins, and should replace their GM?

Where did I say in my posts that we should replace Lou? I just say his shine is starting to wear off and that he has not adapted well to the new NHL.

not exactly sure what else you want other then I thought I was in the other thread where there was Lou bashing.

And in that thread, I didnt say Lou should be replaced, just that maybe he is not as good as he used to be or hasn't adapted to the new NHL as well as he should. Doesn't mean he is terrible. I can name at least 15-20 other GM's from different clubs who are far worse.