Upcoming Autograph Signings

Quinn01

Well, sometimes it's not that easy, especially when you deciede to close right then and there or make a decision that isn't pre-meditated. When you know you are closing/moving for a period of time, it's easier to plan ahead. When i had my Mall store, the mall manager came to me about the upcoming year and renewing and i decieded to close after meeting with him. A day before that meeting, i had no intentions of closing. About a week later, i was gone. That was only 6 years ago or so when facebook and twitter, etc. hadn't yet taken over peoples lives to advertise.

Ouch didn't know it can happen that quick. But In The Game should at least say something if they move, especially if they have FB and possibly Twitter.

Just curious, I take it the rent was the reason for the closing? And which Mall did you have your store at?

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

109 seems steep. Seiner was cheaper and that came with a COA and hologram. I dont have anything for him to sign besides his book and hats not worh 109.

Like stated above, this surprise guest better be Kovy. Parise has done 2 free signings in the past 3 months. hes not even worth 50.

Ouch didn't know it can happen that quick. But In The Game should at least say something if they move, especially if they have FB and possibly Twitter.

Just curious, I take it the rent was the reason for the closing? And which Mall did you have your store at?

I wish i had fb and twitter and how it is used today back when i had that store, i'd have been much better off. It's so much an advantage to reach the public.

Yeah, it was rent. When rent doubles out of the blue after 3 years then they can have it (although i didn't say it quite that diplomatic :whistling: ). I do not negotiate with greed, especially when i'm getting the same thing only double the cost.

I can't disclose that info regarding what Mall, but i've always had an itch to try it again in regards to a store. However, it requires time and energy i just do not have with a family and career and eBay really kills brick and mortar stores, anyway.

Did In The Game Collectibles move? I saw their address was different on the email than the one I know in Holmdel.

The In The Game Collectibles store in Holmdel is gone. It has been gone since last summer. The new address you see is their office in Ocean where you can call and get tickets to all their events/signings.

Pro-Image in the Freehold Raceway Mall is just another sports store where the Brodeur signing is going to be but it is being done by In The Game Collectibles.

IMO, the $109 for Brodeur is a good price considering Steiner Sports where Brodeur use to be with was a lot more money for the signings. It is not cheap to have Brodeur for a signing and he is a top player so the $109 is not a bad price. Players like Brodeur, Parise and Kovalchuk will be expensive to have and the signings will be around the $100 mark and a little higher. The 250 tickets will sell out because it is Brodeur.

Edited by SatansDevils

I can understand players like Brodeur drawing top dollar, but $109 is still pretty high. Parise was $50 and Kovy has done signings for free within the last year. Also if I remember right, the last time Brodeur did a signing it was well below the $100 mark. I guess perhaps what might make this special is that according to what I see you can have literally anything signed by him.

I wish i had fb and twitter and how it is used today back when i had that store, i'd have been much better off. It's so much an advantage to reach the public.

Yeah, it was rent. When rent doubles out of the blue after 3 years then they can have it (although i didn't say it quite that diplomatic :whistling: ). I do not negotiate with greed, especially when i'm getting the same thing only double the cost.

I can't disclose that info regarding what Mall, but i've always had an itch to try it again in regards to a store. However, it requires time and energy i just do not have with a family and career and eBay really kills brick and mortar stores, anyway.

Yeah I hear more and more about brick and mortar sports collectible stores going under, especially in this economy so it is tough right now. Also when competing with ebay and the influx of more and more fakes with the internet, it is hard to keep up and have your stuff hold value. I used to live in Warren and was only a few minutes from Sports Minded, and I am always surprised at how Brian is still there when other stores in that same strip mall have come and gone. I guess maybe he is doing something right lol.

I can understand players like Brodeur drawing top dollar, but $109 is still pretty high. Parise was $50 and Kovy has done signings for free within the last year. Also if I remember right, the last time Brodeur did a signing it was well below the $100 mark. I guess perhaps what might make this special is that according to what I see you can have literally anything signed by him.

it was $60 for a photo and $90 for jerseys/equipment and $30 for inscriptions to be exact haha

*and the signing was Steiner

Edited by Demonic26

it was $60 for a photo and $90 for jerseys/equipment and $30 for inscriptions to be exact haha

*and the signing was Steiner

It's nice that it is not menu pricing. But this is a good jump price wise from previous signings.

I don't remember the pricing for the one in Oct. at Rye, NY. But Sports Express a couple years ago was $65 for flats and $90 for jerseys/equipment.

Maybe the mystery Devil will improve things. My guess is it is Elias.

They may sell the 250 tickets. But it is too much $ for me.

I'd love to get my 16 x 20 hi-res photomatch of my Brodeur game used stick signed (i'm not getting the stick signed), but not traveling all the way to Freehold to do it and not for that kind of price to get a flat item signed. (especially not knowing who the "mystery" Devil is, which could make the average price better for Brodeur if it's a good guest)

When did they move? I love how these sports memorabilia places except for sports minded give little to no advance notice of these things. Kinda like how sports express announced their store closing a week before.

Well like Ken stated, many of these stores have issues that are out of their control. Ron, owner of Sports Express, was extremely loyal to his fan base and customers. Actually, he is one of the nicest store owners and operators that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with in general, not just out of sports memorabilia. When a store is just not bringing in the money that is required to work and operate smoothly, there is no other option then to close the doors. The longer you stay open, the deeper you go in debt. The smart thing to do is just to close asap. There is no rule saying how much time you need to let anyone know in advance before a closing. We are all lucky enough that Sports Express publicly stated that they were closing, even it was a week in advance. He also very quickly and clearly communicated upcoming signings through FB and continues to do so for other Stores. Sports Express was there for 20 years. How many other sports memorabilia stores say open for a quarter of that?! Not to mention, the owner, Ron, is a hardcore Devils fan.

No matter where that guy goes, even if its working under another store's name, I will always give him my business.

Also, the surprise guest at the Marty signing will not be Patty, he will be in Czech until the second week of August.

• 2 weeks later...

The Brodeur signing has been moved to the Park East restaurant and will not be at Pro-Image in the Freehold Raceway Mall. Same date and time just a new location. You can take pictures of Brodeur but not with him as there will be 250 people and the signing is only an hour and a half. The line has to keep moving so all 250 fans can get whatever signed. Getting pictures taken with Brodeur will take a lot longer and hold up the line and 250 people will never be done in an hour and a half. This is what Brodeur wants at his signings now as he is on his own and don't have to worry about Steiner anymore.

The $109 is not a bad price considering it is Brodeur and this maybe one of his last public signings so you just never know. As for the mystery Devil coming with Brodeur it all depends on who is left here in New Jersey. Many of the players already went to their other homes in other places and countries. It could be Andy Greene because he lives here in New Jersey in the off season.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone one the next Zach Parise signing! I really wanna go. I couldn't go last time!

I would guess that he wont be doing any more signings until either A) He signs with the Devils and/or B) Next Season.

What would you want to have gotten signed?

The Brodeur signing has been moved to the Park East restaurant and will not be at Pro-Image in the Freehold Raceway Mall. Same date and time just a new location. You can take pictures of Brodeur but not with him as there will be 250 people and the signing is only an hour and a half. The line has to keep moving so all 250 fans can get whatever signed. Getting pictures taken with Brodeur will take a lot longer and hold up the line and 250 people will never be done in an hour and a half. This is what Brodeur wants at his signings now as he is on his own and don't have to worry about Steiner anymore.

The $109 is not a bad price considering it is Brodeur and this maybe one of his last public signings so you just never know. As for the mystery Devil coming with Brodeur it all depends on who is left here in New Jersey. Many of the players already went to their other homes in other places and countries. It could be Andy Greene because he lives here in New Jersey in the off season.

Why has Brodeur said anything about him retiring from signings?

• 3 weeks later...

Ken Daneyko is gonna be at the Woodbridge Community center on saturday June 18th 6-9 pm there chargeing 45 bucks i think. its for the kid eric legrande who got hurt playing rutgers football there also selling sports memorabilia there i dont know if anyones interested but i thought i should post it

Ken Daneyko is gonna be at the Woodbridge Community center on saturday June 18th 6-9 pm there chargeing 45 bucks i think. its for the kid eric legrande who got hurt playing rutgers football there also selling sports memorabilia there i dont know if anyones interested but i thought i should post it

Thanks Ill put it up. Plus its for a good cause.

I'll be there walking around somewhere, so you guys have seen my picture and what i look like if you see me say whats up haha

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.