The Albany/Trenton Devils Thread

Triumph

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Henrique is a beast! I cannot wait for him to come up to the Devils. He will eventually be the Devils top center ahead of Zajac and Josefson. Devils could sure use his faceoff and goal skills now.

Im not sure about that, i think he could be a very servicable 3rd line center. He is a good leader as well.

Im not sure about that, i think he could be a very servicable 3rd line center. He is a good leader as well.

Winning 79% of his faceoffs last year in the WJC was amazing. He is also a goal scorer which is a plus. I think he will be a good centerman for the Devils future. I agree with you he is a good leader.

Winning 79% of his faceoffs last year in the WJC was amazing. He is also a goal scorer which is a plus. I think he will be a good centerman for the Devils future. I agree with you he is a good leader.

The 5 games I saw him in Albany this season Henrique has impressed and will be a very good player for the NJ devils.

Edited by overtime98

Four-game winning streak for Albany now as they take out Springfield 6-3. Two goals for Henrique, two assists each for Josefson and Chad Wiseman, and a goal and an assist for Urbom, who was +5 on the night. McKenna had 24 saves.

Unfortunate that the team started so crappy and that Josefson got yanked out of there so quickly - this could have been a playoff team.

Unfortunate that the team started so crappy and that Josefson got yanked out of there so quickly - this could have been a playoff team.

Amazing, isn't it? They're only 3 games under .500 with half the season to go, but Wilkes-Barre, Norfolk, Charlotte and Hershey are all playing well enough that a playoff spot for Albany seems unlikely.

Amazing, isn't it? They're only 3 games under .500 with half the season to go, but Wilkes-Barre, Norfolk, Charlotte and Hershey are all playing well enough that a playoff spot for Albany seems unlikely.

seems like adirondack being terrible hasn't helped matters any. if they can get like 15 points out of their next 20, then they'll be in line for a possible playoff spot.

Bad break for Charleston. I was there, I love him still. I hope he doesn't get in trouble.

I wouldn't call that a bad break, I'd call it being an idiot. I wouldn't be surprised if he were suspended; nor would I be upset. I get on other teams for assclown behavior, I'm gonna get on mine too.

Hopefully he learns from it. It's a shame, he was having a great night and not having him out there certainly hurt.

I wouldn't call that a bad break, I'd call it being an idiot. I wouldn't be surprised if he were suspended; nor would I be upset. I get on other teams for assclown behavior, I'm gonna get on mine too.

Hopefully he learns from it. It's a shame, he was having a great night and not having him out there certainly hurt.

Sat out todays win in the SO in Reading. Dean in his pregame said he was "hurt" along with Kell. (TJ Miller again back to the 21 day, the latest guy made of glass). Regarding Charleston, apparently the org wasn't so forgiving, he wasn't suspended by the league (at least according to the announcment that went out today regarding fines and suspensions) so unless he had some bad mexican food on the way up and was hurt by it by the time they arrived, they handled it in house and told him to take today off. Nice job on their part. Hopefully he learns from it and can move forward, most importantly I hope the lady that got drilled with it wasn't seriously hurt.

Worked out all the way around. A message had to be sent; it was, and the team won anyway. Now that it's been handled they can move on - would be nice if he met with the woman who was hit; something else that should be done in-house and no one else needs to know. It'd be a nice gesture.

Pack your bags Dan - nice knowing you. Can't say I'm really surprise, as most of us said it was inexcusible.

A terrible blow to the team that already has found itself behind the eight ball even before this.

link

Charleston Suspended 12 Games

By tdevils

Trenton Devils forward Dan Charleston has been fined and suspended 12 games by the ECHL as a result of firing the puck into the stands at the conclusion of regulation during Saturday night’s game against Toledo.

I have requests in with the team to speak to Charleston and head coach Kevin Dean, as well as the league to see where this falls in longest suspensions in league and franchise history and if there’s any sort of precedent in this situation.

At the end of the third period on Saturday night, Charleston shot the puck into the stands and struck a woman. He was immediately given a misconduct penalty by on-ice officials. I’m certainly stunned at how lengthy of a suspension this is. He’s missing one sixth of the season, and who knows how significant the fine is…or if it’s tacked on to what he loses with the suspension if it’s without pay.

The league’s official release is here…

(PR) PRINCETON, N.J. – The ECHL on Tuesday announced that Trenton’s Dan Charleston has been suspended for 12 games and fined an undisclosed amount as a result of his actions following the conclusion of regulation time in ECHL Game #352, Toledo at Trenton, on Jan. 15.

Charleston is fined and suspended under Rule #28 – Supplementary Discipline.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association, player fines collected by the ECHL are given to the PHPA for its ECHL Player’s Hardship Fund.

Charleston missed Trenton’s game at Reading on Jan. 17. He will miss Trenton’s games at Wheeling (Jan. 21), vs. Wheeling (Jan. 22 and 23), at Toledo (Jan. 28), at Wheeling (Jan. 29 and 30), at Reading (Feb. 4), vs. Reading (Feb. 5 and 6) and vs. Kalamazoo (Feb. 9 and 10).

Edited by titans04