Is Matt Taormina the real deal?

Derlique

I think he is off to a fantastic start offensively, but is nowhere near as good overall as Rafalski. He has great teachers and a lot of potential.

Johnny Mac has to watch his minutes moving forward as its a long season and rookies tend to burn out by January if they are overplayed.

NO

He cant pass to save his life. His goal last nite was a floater that Price mistimed. His assist to Kovy in Buffalo was a result of a fortunate bounce his way. His breakouts and reads are horrible. He has been the worst defenseman on a terrible defense so far. I dont know why hes even in the NHL.

Thats cuz he didnt know what else to do.

Are you really that bad at analyzing hockey?

Are you really that bad at adding to a discussion?

Youre one of those who says 'yay he scored a goal, it must mean hes awesome'

He's not awesome. What you said was that he has not looked good even for a rookie doh1.gif...that's kind of far from awesome. You also said he "can't pass to save his life", you brushed aside his goal last night and his assist vs. Buffalo, and you called him the worst defensemen on the team and questioned why he was even in the NHL. doh1.gif

Again, are you that bad at analyzing hockey?

He's not awesome. What you said was that he has not looked good even for a rookie doh1.gif...that's kind of far from awesome. You also said he "can't pass to save his life", you brushed aside his goal last night and his assist vs. Buffalo, and you called him the worst defensemen on the team and questioned why he was even in the NHL. doh1.gif

Again, are you that bad at analyzing hockey?

I stand by that. So, again, maybe you are that bad at analyzing hockey?

Edited by devlman

Taormina looks real good but you gotta take it with a grain of salt. Fraser looed pretty good last year when he scored a goal in his first NHL game.

I don't think Fraser has ever had a 6 minute game where he looked good. :lol: A little over the top, but really, even when playing 6 minutes you could see he didn't belong in the NHL.

Taormina is playing well, when you throw in it's his 2nd year pro and he's 24 you have to say he's playing great for his situation. Taormina and White have easily been the best defenseman on the team so far this year. If Andy Greene was playing like this people would be saying he was worth $6 million. :lol:

I stand by that. So, again, maybe you are that bad at analyzing hockey?

So Taormina is just lucking into playing major minutes, being even on a minus team, scoring points, and following up a big AHL season?

So Taormina is just lucking into playing major minutes, being even on a minus team, scoring points, and following up a big AHL season?

Obviously the coaches see something in him, perhaps some potential. My point is that he has not played well so far to me. With the injuries on D that we have its not too hard to get big mins.

So apparently I'm the only one on this board who likes Henrik Tallinder?

I think Tallinder has been solid, after that shaky first game.

So apparently I'm the only one on this board who likes Henrik Tallinder?

I loved him standing up for our goalie last night... hell the team as a WHOLE did that last night, maybe the biggest change on this team since Burnsie was here....

I don't think Fraser has ever had a 6 minute game where he looked good. :lol: A little over the top, but really, even when playing 6 minutes you could see he didn't belong in the NHL.

Taormina is playing well, when you throw in it's his 2nd year pro and he's 24 you have to say he's playing great for his situation. Taormina and White have easily been the best defenseman on the team so far this year. If Andy Greene was playing like this people would be saying he was worth $6 million. :lol:

You mean he isn't?

Not for nothin', but Andy Greene was top-20 in the NHL in blocked shots last season. Blocked more than Seabrook, Keith, Hannan, Phillips, Myers, Stuart, etc. And about 30 more than Colin White.

Really? I didn't realize he was blocking that much. Hell I didn't really think there was much blocking done to be around the top category wise.

I loved him standing up for our goalie last night... hell the team as a WHOLE did that last night, maybe the biggest change on this team since Burnsie was here....

Besides the fact that the Devils won, that was what impressed me most about the game. I hope they do the same for Moose against Buffalo and are ready to lay down the law when Avery pulls his usual sh*t on Sunday.

Personally, no, I don't believe Greene has played like he's worth 6 million. He needs a contract close to Tallinder, maybe a little over what Tallinder gets.

Has management learned nothing from the Oduya deal?

This guy needs to be more than just being "home bred and raised in the system" to earn that kind of money to me.

He has yet to prove consistency and has been MIA so far.

Edited by DevilinLA