GDT: NJ Devils vs. Buffalo Sabres

Colin226

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My God, Corrente is fvcking awful. How many years in the system and he is still making plays like that? Not trying to pick on th kid but he's just a hot mess out there. I guess it was pretty obvious when he was passed on the depth chart, but yeah, he has zero future here.

Oh my god, same with Tallinder, and what is up with Volchenkov sore neck or is there something more to this. I said it before it is like there is a cancer in the locker room and yes it starts with the coach but in my opinion I think we need to pull the C from Langen-Idontcareaboutthisteamanymore...

Just heard that Johnny Mac addressed the media and said he decided not to dress Kovy It's between him and I???? what the hell does that mean. Lou needs to get the trades over with if he can and we need a new captain! Give the C to Zack.

I am going to get drunk, I hope they show up for the Rangers tomorrow!

Edited by Devs1965

Oh my god, same with Tallinder, and what is up with Volchenkov sore neck or is there something more to this. I said it before it is like there is a cancer in the locker room and yes it starts with the coach but in my opinion I think we need to pull the C from Langen-Idontcareaboutthisteamanymore...

Just heard that Johnny Mac addressed the media and said he decided not to dress Kovy It's between him and I???? what the hell does that mean. Lou needs to get the trades over with if he can and we need a new captain! Give the C to Zack.

I'm convinced Volchenkov has a concussion. I mentioned it during that game thread that it wasn't a good sign how he was helped off teh ice and never returned. The shot was full on into his face. broken nose or not, he would have been back by now if it wasn't something serious.

As for MacLean, I just heard about that as well. Gotta say I'm pretty surprised. I didn't think it was possible he was just scratched but this doesn't sound good. Kovy was a big fan of Lemaire so maybe he has some issues with Mac's coaching thus far? Who knows.

I'm convinced Volchenkov has a concussion. I mentioned it during that game thread that it wasn't a good sign how he was helped off teh ice and never returned. The shot was full on into his face. broken nose or not, he would have been back by now if it wasn't something serious.

As for MacLean, I just heard about that as well. Gotta say I'm pretty surprised. I didn't think it was possible he was just scratched but this doesn't sound good. Kovy was a big fan of Lemaire so maybe he has some issues with Mac's coaching thus far? Who knows.

Coach Mac also would not commit to him playing against the Rangers either, you can't have a player making that much money sitting out games. Lou needs to step in and resolve this. I think your right about Volchenkov it has to be a something more.

Some of the players are playing like crap. At least 3 goals are the result of terrible plays by D, complete sh-it! The first goal was a softy on Moose I thought. So that makes the game 2-1 loss. Miller did stand on his head. Had he not, we could have taken this game..

I saw Langs trying hard at times tonight.

Clarkson from what I saw was showing heart and had at least two scoring chances that almost made, ugh so close!! I like Mair also...

Zubs and Parise I do not need to say anything about, they always play hard.

Need Salvador, Vol back quick!

As the norm the refs failed to blow the whistle if a penalty should have been called in the Devils favor...

Coach Mac also would not commit to him playing against the Rangers either, you can't have a player making that much money sitting out games. Lou needs to step in and resolve this. I think your right about Volchenkov it has to be a something more.

Put Kovy on LW and let him play tomorrow! :pray:

Either that or we are trading him for 5 players :blahblah::whistling:

Edited by Dead

If Kovalchuk is scratched again tomorrow, I'll dance a jig naked in the middle of Times Square. Johnny Mac 'aint got balls THAT big. And Re: Volchenkov- you don't miss 2 weeks with a stiff fvcking neck. Just like Stevens had the flu, right Lou? Volchenkov is as concussed as the day is long.

Edited by MadDog2020

If Kovalchuk is scratched again tomorrow, I'll dance a jig naked in the middle of Times Square. Johnny Mac 'aint got balls THAT big. And Re: Volchenkov- you don't miss 2 weeks with a stiff fvcking neck. Just like Stevens had the flu, right Lou? Volchenkov is as concussed as the day is long.

I agree I don't think he would have the balls either but what if it is a Kovy thing, He might be pissed on the line he is putting him on? I am just guessing but it seems almost certain there is a problem between him and the coach.

I dont get what the big secrecy about Volchenkov, what do they gain by not telling everyone he has a concussion, I agree it is something more than a stiff neck and a concussion seems to be more realistic but why not just come out and say it?

After reading the post-game quotes from JMac, it definitely sounds as if he decided to sit him out, like a benching, opposed to being hurt or having to deal with a family/off-the-ice issue.

As for the game, well, yuck. Hedberg stunk. Miller was really good. That's about it. The advanced stats (Corsi/Fenwick) don't seem to think they played all that bad; the only players to have a Fenwick of -5 or below were Langenbrunner and Arnott. In fact, the shot sheet looks much, much prettier as a whole tonight than it did the other night in Montreal. However the zone starts sheet has a ton of defensive zone faceoffs, and I don't think that's good.

After reading the post-game quotes from JMac, it definitely sounds as if he decided to sit him out, like a benching, opposed to being hurt or having to deal with a family/off-the-ice issue.

As for the game, well, yuck. Hedberg stunk. Miller was really good. That's about it. The advanced stats (Corsi/Fenwick) don't seem to think they played all that bad; the only players to have a Fenwick of -5 or below were Langenbrunner and Arnott. In fact, the shot sheet looks much, much prettier as a whole tonight than it did the other night in Montreal. However the zone starts sheet has a ton of defensive zone faceoffs, and I don't think that's good.

I just got done reading Johnny Mac's post-game remarks- man. I don't even know what to say.

We keep talking about the players being lazy and this core of players "spitting out" coaches like in the past. I get the feeling the players tried to do something along the lines of a mutiny and JMAC responded with the biggest balls personal statement he had in his arsenal. It's the only thing that makes sense from my perspective: the players saying JMAC can't tell them what they can and can't do, and JMAC scratching the $6.66m cap hit star is his statement of "forget you all, I'll do what I want and here's my proof." It's a balls move on the part of JMAC, and it's going to accomplish one of the following:

1) going to get the whiny complainers to STFU and buy in

2) going to force Lou's hand in a trade

3) going to force Lou's hand in a coach change.

I truthfully hope it's some combination of #1 and #2; I'd love to see some whiny brats shipped out in return for warm bodies that give a sh!t. And I hope the rest buy into what JMAC is selling, because if they don't it's going to be a long season in the cellar.

We keep talking about the players being lazy and this core of players "spitting out" coaches like in the past. I get the feeling the players tried to do something along the lines of a mutiny and JMAC responded with the biggest balls personal statement he had in his arsenal. It's the only thing that makes sense from my perspective: the players saying JMAC can't tell them what they can and can't do, and JMAC scratching the $6.66m cap hit star is his statement of "forget you all, I'll do what I want and here's my proof." It's a balls move on the part of JMAC, and it's going to accomplish one of the following:

1) going to get the whiny complainers to STFU and buy in

2) going to force Lou's hand in a trade

3) going to force Lou's hand in a coach change.

I truthfully hope it's some combination of #1 and #2; I'd love to see some whiny brats shipped out in return for warm bodies that give a sh!t. And I hope the rest buy into what JMAC is selling, because if they don't it's going to be a long season in the cellar.

I highly doubt this is why kovy was benched.

Maybe Kovy missed or was late to a team meeting. MacLean this was between him and Kovy ONLY. So something that Kovy did or didnt do.

As much as you think this was about langenbrunner, you are probably wrong.

I just can’t see this as being a simple cut and dry case of JMaC not being happy with Kovy’s play and scratching him.

Its is either Kovy is not listening to the coaching staff , he complained about his role /the system /RW position/ , or there are issues in the locker room where players think that Kovy is getting special treatment.

I can’t see Kovy saying anything negative , he has always given comments to the media that have been nothing but positive about any decisions the coaching staff has assigned him , his role on the RW , the system they are playing , and his linemates…. I just don’t see it coming from him now. His effort has been there and he appears to be following the gameplan that others are playing , he dumps the puck in and chases , not carrying it to much..or at least not as much as he used to in atlanta.

The more I think about it , the more I think that this was a way to send a message to the rest of the team that no matter who you are , no one will receive special treatment and that everyone is seen as an equal.

I want to believe that Kovy also agreed to this and was a part of this decision in an effort to resolve any internal locker room issues.

Man I wish Zubs could finish. I was sitting right next to Miller when he made that toe save on Zubs. He gets so many chances but just doesn't have the hands to finish. Marty's glove save at the end of the 3rd was amazing. Look like his glove hand is getting a bit quicker. Also, ddn't really like the way Moose was laughed off the ice. Kind of dissappointing and what can you really expect when you don't get to play. Probably a bit of nerves and the lack of D in front of him was laughble. Decent crowd inthe lower bowl in the corners/behind the net (assume that was alot of freebie tickets like mine) but the uppers was 1/2-3/4 empty. AH well, hopefully a game vs the Rags will fire the time up.

This team is all different kinds of fvcked right now. I have doubt's about this team pushing .400 at the AS break let alone .500

Talk about going from the high of getting Volchenkov, Kovy, Tallinder, and Arnott during the off-season to going to the low of a bottom feeder team. This sucks bad. Much worse than those early 80's teams. At least those teams didn't have the expectations this talent filled lineup has.