GDT: NJ Devils vs. Buffalo Sabres

Colin226

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All things considered this moment is beyond ludicrous. You have a rookie coach who just benched your brand new all-star super signing and the players and press don't know anything. Then your team gets blown out 6-1, yea I just don't see this calming down soon.

If Steinbrenner wasn't dead, I'd think he was behind it all. It's that dysfunctional and nutty.

Let's see how many fans will start dropping off the bandwagon

Have you seen the attendance the last five games? People are already falling off the bandwagon faster than Marty flops to draw goaltender interference calls. If they ever crap the bed on this road trip you're going to start seeing four-digit crowds at the Rock.

If Kovalchuk is scratched again tomorrow, I'll dance a jig naked in the middle of Times Square. Johnny Mac 'aint got balls THAT big.

If Langenbrunner is scratched tomorrow, I may dance that jig. I'm all for benching guys to make a point but it makes us look bad when one guy gets scratched for insubordination then 85% of the team that does play proceeds to quit en masse.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Man I wish Zubs could finish. I was sitting right next to Miller when he made that toe save on Zubs. He gets so many chances but just doesn't have the hands to finish. Marty's glove save at the end of the 3rd was amazing. Look like his glove hand is getting a bit quicker. Also, ddn't really like the way Moose was laughed off the ice. Kind of dissappointing and what can you really expect when you don't get to play. Probably a bit of nerves and the lack of D in front of him was laughble. Decent crowd inthe lower bowl in the corners/behind the net (assume that was alot of freebie tickets like mine) but the uppers was 1/2-3/4 empty. AH well, hopefully a game vs the Rags will fire the time up.

Dude , the uppers were way fuller than that...now the clubs, not so much.

everytime Tallinder steps onto the ice, all i think is "oh frick" - proved me right with a solid -3 tonight. As much as we complain about Rolston, Tallinder makes Rolston look like a bargain.

He is plain terrible. Period. And I tell you what, what I saw from Volchenkov early on wasn't much better. That Jay Grossman is like a street peddler on Canal street selling knockoff goods.

Have you seen the attendance the last five games? People are already falling off the bandwagon faster than Marty flops to draw goaltender interference calls. If they ever crap the bed on this road trip you're going to start seeing four-digit crowds at the Rock.

If Langenbrunner is scratched tomorrow, I may dance that jig. I'm all for benching guys to make a point but it makes us look bad when one guy gets scratched for insubordination then 85% of the team that does play proceeds to quit en masse.

Just so we're clear, I didn't mean I would dance a jig in happiness. I meant that as a way of saying that I think there's a better chance of the sun burning out before the end of the year than Johnny Mac having the kahonis to healthy scratch Kovalchuk a second night in a row. I won't dance that happy jig until Langenbrunner is traded. A mere scratch wouldn't elicit that extreme a response from me lol.

Personally I'm finding it very difficult to get all that upset about the team this year. I'm worn out from all the frustration of the second half of last season and this past summer. There are plenty of reasons but simply put this team just sucks at the moment. I expect them to get on the right track one way or another but for now it's just a complete circus.

Injuries, inexperienced defense, invisible play from several veterans...it's just difficult to enjoy this team at any level right now and it's not worth it to go bat sh!t crazy over. They'll either figure it out or they won't. I'm still in the camp that feels it's early and things can be straightened out but it has to start now. If things continue to go south over the road trip, there will be no 4th 1st round exit to worry about come April.

OMG -- Arnott was SOOOO ARNOTT!

I forgot how nuts he makes me. It's almost there -- like so traumatically close but - does he just -- what gives? He sort of tries and he's not happy and he's not tired he CARES sooo.... he's not lazy - I mean because when you care you're not lazy.... does he just have a loser kind of mindset like AWE eff it I screwed up -- like if it doesn't start out stellar he doesn't hustle to make it so?

HEY!! Do you all think Johnny Mac just wants to not be behind this bench anymore? How can he even abide everyone chasing the puck? NO ONE is ever in front of the net... I mean it's PAINFUL PAINFUL!!! I kid you not! This team give me a small taste of what paralysis must feel like.... I just want to MOVE them - pick up my little hockey tokens and move them into the proper position on the game board.

and the line changes .. OMG --- it's like they -- it's like a freaking PICK UP GAME those line changes. I'm not kidding --- EXCRUCIATING!!!

and my daughter said "Mommy - I wish you weren't one of the loud people" :mellow: I'm not loud! :unsure: I mean I dont bellow at the guys or boo or anything even.... I just - I shout out directions I find.... and not like normal ones like "shoot" and "take it up" like all the other dudes around me... I start, like --- speaking - all testy like White please move over. Which reminds me... White at least is THERE! Most of the time I'm like who the eff isn't there? Who's on D? WHY are they chasing the puck? Once in a while there is a guy there to cover them so they can give chase a little but -- then everyone is chasing the damm puck... regardless of which zone by the way. They did that last year too - but now it's like MAGNIFIED 1000x

and I think we've established Tallinder can take the air out of any partners tires. Poor little Magn. nus? - Grenier? errr . uhoh -- I forgot his name... well you all know!

Who did I like -- I forget now... someone was AHHHH yes -- Zubrus. He's taking this all personally now. I missed the stick to the face -- but I sort of didn't blame him - he must be beyond frustrated.

Sistito was fun to watch. He changes things up a lot so you dont know what's going to come at you. He could see the ice fairly well tonight - it was interesting to watch. Corrente got fed up at the end there and started trying to do something .. I need that at ALL TIMES from this kid. He's got real leadship and sight but -- is he lazy? Does he not trust himself? I tend to think he doesn't trust his sight. Which is a shame. like --- he starts off perfectly and then it just melt quickly into nothing. I think he can -- man frustrating kid. I don't know how to work with a defensive guy who fakes confidence... how do you work with that? and he doesnt' even know! He WANTS the help ... AHHHH :argh:

I do love these guys. Langenbrunner -- again -- I SEE what you all are bitching at -- but there is some weird thing going on with his feeling things out.... it's still just not bothering me yet. There is a very real and present energy from Jamie -- BUT he's getting pushed around and toyed with -- and that's NO GOOD for a Captain. He's distracted but by the game itself.... he's not just watching (like Tallinder - did he score one for Buffalo btw?) I feel like Langs is leading like a foreman who doesn't have a feel for the worksite - like there's something new he didn't realize was there and he's got to digest it all...every second of the game he sees some new fresh hell... like he's watching the awfulness and given pause on every shift he's out there -- inert, but so intensely present - it weirds me out and -- I still support him. I feel like something massively cool has GOT to come out of that....

Hung out after the game out back and met a bunch of the dudes. I met David Clarkson, Jamie Langenbrunner, Rod Pelley, Andy Greene, Matt Taormina, Henrik Tallinder, Matt Corrente, Johan Hedberg, and Jacob Josefson tonight after the Devils Game and got autographs on pucks from most of them.

was at the game, didn't watch replay, not sure if I can.

Great first 2 shifts.

Everyone is jumping on Talindar, I thought Corrente was more the problem.

Not trying to dump on Clarkson (he still trys to be to fancy) but where was the attempt to fight when down 2- 0 or 3-0? He added spark in Mtl, I felt it was needed. White tried but I don't want him dropping the gloves.

I don't mind booing Moose(and people were trying to get a moooose thing going when he played the puck behind the net or something silly), I didn't quite like the sarcastic cheers. Booing can send a message to the whole team, the cheers are directed directly at the goalie. Did Johnny Mac make the switch because of the fans? If you are going to rest Marty, why bring him in down 0-4? Have Moose take one for the team, no?

I thought it was a 'score 1 goal' chant just before they scored.

I'm just baffled with the Kovy scratch.

Personally I'm finding it very difficult to get all that upset about the team this year. I'm worn out from all the frustration of the second half of last season and this past summer. There are plenty of reasons but simply put this team just sucks at the moment. I expect them to get on the right track one way or another but for now it's just a complete circus.

Injuries, inexperienced defense, invisible play from several veterans...it's just difficult to enjoy this team at any level right now and it's not worth it to go bat sh!t crazy over. They'll either figure it out or they won't. I'm still in the camp that feels it's early and things can be straightened out but it has to start now. If things continue to go south over the road trip, there will be no 4th 1st round exit to worry about come April.

Pretty much agree w/you Sick...it's scary how ugly it's gotten, but I can't throw fit over fit over this...I'm kind of waiting for December to see where they are then before starting to worry.

As for Kovy being scratched, if it had to do with someone FINALLY telling him that the boneheaded, costly decisions he makes on a nightly basis simply can't continue, then that's a good thing...that's something he likely never heard in Atlanta, which has got to be a lot of the reason why he continues to look so unpolished now. Of course, $100 million and 15 years means Kovy doesn't have to listen...he knows he won't be getting scratched forever...but I really hope, for maybe the first time in his career, that he sees that talent, no matter how much of it he has, isn't enough. Maybe he will finally commit to fixing/improving the other aspects of his game.

I think there's a limit to how crappy their attendance can get. sure as hell aren't selling any walk-up though.

but that was a heavily goosed 14K tonight. wouldn't be shocked if 250-500 people "won" pairs of tickets

My tickets were the 5th ones picked up for the contest. At 11am there was only one window open, and well the stack of tickets that was being used was 3" or so deep. Not to say they did not add more tickets later, but that is not a LOT of tickets. Sure more than 60 tickets however.

Not only that BUT tickets on stubhub were dirt cheap I think, if I can get tickets on the cheap on stubhub I might go to a game that I wouldnt otherwise.

Edited by Dead

Pretty much agree w/you Sick...it's scary how ugly it's gotten, but I can't throw fit over fit over this...I'm kind of waiting for December to see where they are then before starting to worry.

As for Kovy being scratched, if it had to do with someone FINALLY telling him that the boneheaded, costly decisions he makes on a nightly basis simply can't continue, then that's a good thing...that's something he likely never heard in Atlanta, which has got to be a lot of the reason why he continues to look so unpolished now. Of course, $100 million and 15 years means Kovy doesn't have to listen...he knows he won't be getting scratched forever...but I really hope, for maybe the first time in his career, that he sees that talent, no matter how much of it he has, isn't enough. Maybe he will finally commit to fixing/improving the other aspects of his game.

I think he wants to play LW. I can not blame him either. Put him on the second line at LW.