Does Johnny Mac get fired if we get embarrassed by the Rags tommorrow?

Daniel

101 members have voted

1. 1. JMac fired after bad loss to Rangers?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this poll about us thinking LOU will fire JMac if we lose badly to the Rangers or about US wanting Lou to fire JMac?

I voted no, because I doubt the gets the axe so quickly (and he shouldn't). It's still a bit early, although he should definitely feel Lou's breath on his neck and if things don't improve very quickly, there will be changes. With a team stocked like this and in a "win now" mode, I don't think it was a smart idea to hire a rookie coach.

Edited by Revan

Is this poll about us thinking LOU will fire JMac if we lose badly to the Rangers or about US wanting Lou to fire JMac?

I voted no, because I doubt the gets the axe so quickly (and he shouldn't). It's still a bit early, although he should definitely feel Lou's breath on his neck and if things don't improve very quickly, there will be changes. With a team stocked like this and in a "win now" mode, I don't think it was a smart idea to hire a rookie coach.

I think it's because he's a rookie coach that he won't get any slack for this awful a start, especially given money spent this offseason.

Fired for what?

He's coaching a team that's half rookies and half bad contracts.

No.

Stop...he's got a roster that should be top in the conference. Hopefully either mac is gone ina a week or a major shakeup happens. For all the bs that lou spits year after year about nothing mattering other than a cup...well his team is certainly showing its worth.

Stop...he's got a roster that should be top in the conference. Hopefully either mac is gone ina a week or a major shakeup happens. For all the bs that lou spits year after year about nothing mattering other than a cup...well his team is certainly showing its worth.

No doubt Jmac takes some blame. He has some talent for sure. But no Volchenkov, no Salvador and no cap room means some blueliners that should be in the minors. And Elias, Rolston, Zubrus(although I like his style of play) and others have been playing below there cap hit before Maclean showed up...

Hopefully they can pull out of it but maybe a shekeup is needed.

No doubt Jmac takes some blame. He has some talent for sure. But no Volchenkov, no Salvador and no cap room means some blueliners that should be in the minors. And Elias, Rolston, Zubrus(although I like his style of play) and others have been playing below there cap hit before Maclean showed up...

Hopefully they can pull out of it but maybe a shekeup is needed.

Elias and Rolston are now playing above their cap hit?

Short of blind passes to no one or a falling Clarkson Elias has been invisible....

Rolston is tougher to tell as he's hurt.

Elias and Rolston are now playing above their cap hit?

Short of blind passes to no one or a falling Clarkson Elias has been invisible....

Rolston is tougher to tell as he's hurt.

No they are still playing below it. They are playing terrible. I'm just saying you can't blame Maclean for those guys sucking, because they haven't been right for a while.

Yes unfair to blame Rolston. He actually looked like he was coming around before the injury.

um, then who's coaching your glorified developmental team in 2-3 months? :lol:

the TEAM sucks. they're not good. the scratch was a correct move. perhaps a little too strong, but whatever. as for the rest of them, most of them are punching their tickets out sooner or later anyway. unfortunately, Tallinder won't be one of them.

on a nightly basis, we essentially have one line, one pair, and a goalie. this is a very bad team right now. it's maddeningly hard to win like that.

This poll would be better if it had more than one doomsday scenario. Because if they get embarassed by the Rangers I see Lou getting rid of or exiling a bunch of people that probably already should have been out the door after last year's disgrace, starting with Jamie and Clarkson. I'd bet a lot more money on that than anything happening to Johnny Mac. He isn't going anywhere though...Lou's not going to let him healthy scratch Kovalchuk only then to ****-can him eight games into the season.

Edited by NJDevs4978