Langs Not Happy with Fans Too

msweet

I'll throw some gas on to the fire.... I am in the mood

Oh Captain....

Langenbrunner on the team not playing better in front of Johan Hedberg, who was pulled 8:17 into the second period after giving up four goals on 15 shots: “We all feel horrible about that and horrible about the way he was treated (by the fans).

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/maclean_it_was_my_decision_to_scratch_kovalchuk/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

J`Mac appeared to be down on the Devil fans for that one too..

"..when asked of the boos Hedberg received from the fans, MacLean said: “Yeah, that’s an easy thing to do. Just blame him. We have 20 other guys to share the blame.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/10/a_stand-up_johan_hedberg_calls.html

Well -- it was really awful the way everyone cheered. It was so sad. But all comments around me were that it WASN'T Moose's fault - he had one crappy team out in front of him.

Marty saw -- saw exactly how the defence plays and knew how he then HAD to play. Hedberg needed to pay more attention to how these nutjobs defend our net -- what their brilliant idea of positioning is.

I'd say that if he can accept it -- Marty needs to sit out more NOT for the rest -- but sometimes when you're off ice you just really see what's going on more. You don't need to ask because you SEE it.

It's been JUST like this -- the same mistakes -- no improvements, or backsliding going on -- no new things -- all the same really blockheaded positioning errors. Mind boggling ... I need a smilie who just open and shuts his mouth -- like -- speechless smilie even... so sitting out won't be a waste -- won't bring about some kind of new errors....

hard to buy that TG really turned in his Rangers fandom, sometimes. he just likes these sorts of things too much. they were cheering the departure of Hedberg as much as they were the arrival of Marty. it was no worse than when the same thing happened when Weekes got *hurt*. lol.

I'm waiting for Langs to stab him, personally, it has to be coming sooner or later. kill two birds with one stone

Well -- it was really awful the way everyone cheered. It was so sad. But all comments around me were that it WASN'T Moose's fault - he had one crappy team out in front of him.

Marty saw -- saw exactly how the defence plays and knew how he then HAD to play. Hedberg needed to pay more attention to how these nutjobs defend our net -- what their brilliant idea of positioning is.

I'd say that if he can accept it -- Marty needs to sit out more NOT for the rest -- but sometimes when you're off ice you just really see what's going on more. You don't need to ask because you SEE it.

It's been JUST like this -- the same mistakes -- no improvements, or backsliding going on -- no new things -- all the same really blockheaded positioning errors. Mind boggling ... I need a smilie who just open and shuts his mouth -- like -- speechless smilie even... so sitting out won't be a waste -- won't bring about some kind of new errors....

Word. This is exactly why it drives me crazy when all you read on this board is how the goalies suck and allow soft goals or are old..blah blah blah. You hit the nail right on the head with the bolded part. The same breakdowns happening over and over and over again. It just doesn't make any sense.

Goal #1 is on Moose tonight and that's no big deal. EVERY goalie makes mistakes. The other three are a direct result of the team being made up of a bunch of clueless fvcks.

I'm glad Jamie feels horrible about how the fans treated Hedberg. I guess he's ok with how the team treats the fans? It ain't cheap getting into that place these days, moneybags. It'd be nice if the team gave a flying monkey poo.

I was really excited for this team, but right now I feel the way I did when I stormed out of the Rock after the second period of Game 5 last year. I hope they right the ship.

Yeah well we're not happy with a team that's sucked since New Year's...and it's now two months till THIS New Year's. We're not happy with the fact we haven't had a home win since April and we're sure not happy over the lack of leadership on this team, specifically yours. And I'm definitely not happy that Hedberg's god-awful play in the preseason, his relief appearance and tonight ensures another 77-game season for Marty and a wasted $1 million in cap room.

I'm glad Jamie feels horrible about how the fans treated Hedberg. I guess he's ok with how the team treats the fans? It ain't cheap getting into that place these days, moneybags. It'd be nice if the team gave a flying monkey poo.

This comment is just dumb. The way the team treats the fans? Huh?

Edited by ben00rs

This comment is just dumb. The way the team treats the fans? Huh?

Your confusion is just dumb. They come out aimlessly and with no heart. We, as fans, pay good money to see them at the very least put in an effort. This team is supposed to be a cup contender, but they look like a joke. They have one of the worst records in the league. I've been defending them forever, but it's just getting sad now.

That's what I mean by 'the way the team treats the fans'.

I was also really upset with the way the rest of the fans treated Moose tonight. Whether the players play well or not, we shouldnt disrespect them. Sarcastically clapping when Moose made a simple save is A) Not Funny and B) Disrespectful.

I didnt find it very amusing and was rather pissed off.

I was really excited for this team, but right now I feel the way I did when I stormed out of the Rock after the second period of Game 5 last year. I hope they right the ship.

and HOW many people on this board got free tickets? :giggle: I'm kidding. :P

I was also really upset with the way the rest of the fans treated Moose tonight. Whether the players play well or not, we shouldnt disrespect them. Sarcastically clapping when Moose made a simple save is A) Not Funny and B) Disrespectful.

I didnt find it very amusing and was rather pissed off.

I accidentally started clapping though -- mostly out of a sick relief. So nice to hear the thud of the puck hitting his pads.

But I'm sure Parise or Elias would have said something so inspiring and eloquent that the entire team would rally behind it.....

We got rid of Gomez, so now this team won't be lazy - problem should be solved right?

But wait, we got rid of Mottau, the source of all mistakes... so now the whole problem should be solved right?

Oh, now its Langs, get rid of him and we will be a championship team....OK........

But I'm sure Parise or Elias would have said something so inspiring and eloquent that the entire team would rally behind it.....

We got rid of Gomez, so now this team won't be lazy - problem should be solved right?

But wait, we got rid of Mottau, the source of all mistakes... so now the whole problem should be solved right?

Oh, now its Langs, get rid of him and we will be a championship team....OK........

I usually agree with you on this stuff, but come on. Langs has been a mopey jerk forever now. Its clear that his attitude isn't helping the situation. And now he can't figure out whats wrong and isn't happy with the fans booing the load of crap that skated onto the ice in Devils jerseys last night? I think we have a right to be a little upset.

I agree that the fans are not high up on the priority list for this team. We hung out with little to no news the whole summer... then figuring out how to solve the cap problem... Isn't is a coincidence that the players most likely to get dealt are now hurt? (Salvador, Rolston). And I'm not stupid. Volchenkov has a concussion. Pelley missed one period with a broken nose. The team is blatantly lying to the media and the fans about Volchenkov. And now the Kovalchuk situation. Jesus Christ can't they tell us a little more? Like "I am trying to shake things up" or .... ANYTHING. I mean really... after all the marketing about getting fans in the building and all the hoopla over Kovy... 8 games into the season on a Saturday night at home we pay an ass-load for tickets and see Hedberg in goal and Kovy is nowhere to be found. Kovy also did not stay at the arena for the game. There's probably something going on that we don't know about. But hey... apparently we don't deserve to know. I don't care what anyone says. The fans deserve to know what they are paying for. It's a product really... It's like buying a car... I feel like I'm test driving a car right now and I say to the salesman in the passenger's seat "What the hell was that noise?!" and he says "Don't worry about the noise, pay right now and you get free oil changes!" I may start selling tickets... I'm getting tired of this.

I'd like to see half of the fans jump on the ice and try to match these guys performance, even if it was a bad game.

Booing your goalie or team is wrong. I never boo. I didnt boo last night or any other game. Im there every night win or lose.

Yes it sucks to come to the rock only to see lose after lose, but thats part of being a real fan being able to sit throught the bad losses and the good wins will feel that much better. Just tired of all the fans crying over every loss. Devils arent fvcking perfect and will not win every fvcking game. Jaime is the fvcking captain. Lou see's no problem with this. yea great fvcking idea lets give the C to a player with no fvcking experience past the 1st round. fvck Parise (just kidding)...