GDT - Devils at NY Rangers

Satans Hockey

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's Go Devils!

the devils have started out badly before. i remember them once starting 3-6-1. i'm not going to worry about this team until we've gone deeper into the season and not improved. and it would be nice to get saly and a-train back soon.

after what happended last night and now playing the division rival rags today before goiong out west, if this team can't get up for this game than that would be very disappointing.

and please ignore avery at all costs.

Marty needs to be in beast mode tonight, considering this team can't score for sh!t or play a lick of defense. I'd like to be positive about the game but for some reason I just have visions of Clarkson chasing Avery all over the ice like a fool and Tallinder + Corrente standing in front of Lundqvist while the Rangers attack in the Devils' zone.

Marty needs to be in beast mode tonight, considering this team can't score for sh!t or play a lick of defense. I'd like to be positive about the game but for some reason I just have visions of Clarkson chasing Avery all over the ice like a fool and Tallinder + Corrente standing in front of Lundqvist while the Rangers attack in the Devils' zone.

Sometimes the direct and concise truth really hurts.

Indeed. In addition, I expect the players to continue to be reeling from what happened with Kovalchuk yesterday. I'm fascinated and dumbfounded that they seemed to know as much as the media about the benching.

I think that would be giving them too much credit (getting upset about the kovy scratch). I'm not saying this group doesn't care, I'm sure they do to an extent, but to me they just seem like a group that is really not having fun at all. It's like any of us who work regular jobs, start to hate the pressure and the internal drama, and then kind of become indifferent about the whole thing. You're there collecting your pay check but there is really nothing going on. No enjoyment, no growing, no passion... just basically going through the motions. It's early on but just take a look at the stat lines of some of our vets. You really can't be in the negative that much this early without being part of some really stupid and lazy a$$ play.

Edited by Sickman

Sickman, I believe the problem (besides all the new faces) is that the Kovalchuk cap fiasco and the resulting focus on who was going to be traded to create cap room was devastating to the players' morale. And I continue to believe that Lamoriello didn't want to do what the team did to get Kovalchuk. This team has been poisoned from the top down, basically. This is a bad situation for a first-year coach. John MacLean, an important player in the history of this franchise, is getting quite the raw deal. I'm sad about it.

Sickman, I believe the problem (besides all the new faces) is that the Kovalchuk cap fiasco and the resulting focus on who was going to be traded to create cap room was devastating to the players' morale. And I continue to believe that Lamoriello didn't want to do what the team did to get Kovalchuk. This team has been poisoned from the top down, basically. This is a bad situation for a first-year coach. John MacLean, an important player in the history of this franchise, is getting quite the raw deal. I'm sad about it.

I agree about Mac and it's pretty fvcked up tbh. He is in way over his head and it's through no fault of his own. It's hard enough when you're just a rookie getting your first shot at something, but to have to work with a team surrounded with this much drama is just asking way too much from him.

It's hard to say what is really going on in the locker room. The cap situation and the bending over for Kovy probably have a lot of people butt hurt but who knows? They will all get paid one way or another so who really knows how much of a distraction it is. To me, it's just a mixture of things. Aging vets who are paid well and really have nothing left to prove, young players who are either not NHL quality or not ready enough, boat loads of negativity surrounding the franchise, rookie coach, injuries....the list goes on and on.

From watching these games so far I can honestly say I have no idea wtf is going on? I really don't see any type of system and I just don't understand what the plan is out there. There are moments when the team is playing like a unit but for the most part it's just total chaos out there. Is it the coach not knowing what he is doing or is it the players not buying in and following directions?

I think you can wipe the slate clean starting today. The season basically starts tonight. They either buy in and pull together over this road trip and turn this around, or they continue to flounder and this sh!t goes totally off the rails. It can go either way imo.

Edited by Sickman

There's bad karma in our Rock right now, so I am pretty glad we are on the road for the next 2 weeks.

In fact, I don't even want to think more about yesterday.

We need the team that dominated the Canadiens to show up again tonight. Marty - show them who's the boss in goal. Kovy - I want you terrorizing some Rag D tonight and lighting it up for your team. Preferably from your favorite left wing too, for God's sake. Keep the Z-Z-Z line together and let them get some chemistry. Defense - just play a simple game please. No horrible cross-ice passes to get intercepted. By all means push up and play 5-man hockey, but take responsibility.

I hate the place that this team in in right now, but chop my arms off and I'd bleed Devils Red and Black. Let's go Devils. You can't have a better opponent to start this season again than the Rags in their own house. Silence it please, and get the win.