NJ vs Dallas Thread

Jas0nMacIsaac

Since nobody else wants to make a thread I will :)

http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcn...2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

Devils at Stars

Tonight, 8:30

METRO, WABC-AM 770

Game story: The Devils will try to set a club record by extending their unbeaten streak to 14 games. Right wing Jamie Langenbrunner returns to Dallas for the first time since being traded to the Devils in 2002.

Scouting the Devils: The defending champions are 10-0-3 since losing to Boston on Oct. 25. They are coming off a 3-3 tie in Anaheim on Wednesday. They have yet to lose on the road this season (5-0-3). Patrik Elias is on a seven-game point streak (five goals, four assists).

Scouting the Stars: Dallas snapped a five-game road losing streak with a 3-1 win in Minnesota on Wednesday. Ex-Devil Bill Guerin scored twice in that game and has 18 points in his past 15 games.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More about the game.....

Devil of a time

http://andrewsstarspage.com/11-27news.htm

Friday's game against New Jersey is a big test for the Stars for a couple of reasons. First, the Stars have struggled against the top teams in the league this season and no one is playing better than the Devils right now. Second, the Stars have not fared well against the Devils the past few seasons.

Since losing to the Devils in the 2000 Stanley Cup Finals, the Stars haven't beaten New Jersey in their four regular season meetings. They've been outscored 16-5 in those four games.

The last time the Stars beat New Jersey was Game 5 of the 2000 Finals when Mike Modano scored in the third overtime to give Dallas a 1-0 victory. The last time the Stars beat the Devils in the regular season was March 15, 2000.

Including the 2000 Finals, the Devils have won the last five meetings in Dallas between the two teams. The last time the Stars beat New Jersey in Dallas was October 20, 1999.

Stars goalie Marty Turco has not had much luck against the Devils. He's appeared in three games, including two starts. He's got an 0-2-0 record with a 4.49 goals against average and a .830 save percentage.

Devils goalie Martin Brodeur is 8-6-0 in regular season games against the Stars. He has a 2.00 goals against average and a .928 save percentage.

Here's a brief look back at the last four regular season meetings between the two teams.

Date Location Result Notes

12-21-02 At New Jersey Devils 5, Stars 3 Ex-Star Jamie Langenbrunner has a goal and two assists in his first game against his former team.

3-10-02 At Dallas Devils 3, Stars 0 Stars goalie Ed Belfour gives up three goals on 18 shots; NJ's Martin Brodeur makes 22 saves for the shutout.

1-24-01 At Dallas Devils 4, Stars 1 The Devils scored three 1st period goals on three shots in a 71 second span against Stars goalie Marty Turco.

12-20-00 At New Jersey Devils 4, Stars 1 Devils score four goals in the first 10:29 of the game.

For anyone that is going to this game...please give us your input on the game...it is on Metro here 

I think it's just me and Crasher going. But yeah I will do my best to help. I'm not good at game recaps but I will try. I hope I can take photos with the digi camera so maybe I will have photos from the game too. I'm hoping. :evil: