GDT: Devils @ LA Kings 7:30PST/10:30 EST 10/30/10

DevilinLA

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The major problem the team has is zero ability to finish, almost literally at that. You can't teach it either. The only way to remedy this a little is on the man advantage. I mean afterall, you have an extra man, right? If they don't get this PP clicking at a highrate, then this team is gonna get buried. I see it as the only way to pick up some wins. Of course, you need to be able to finish there too.

As soon as I saw Zach go down, I knew his knee was shredded. We may not be seeing him the rest of the season. That's ok, because he's not finishing either...I kid, I kid.

no team has shot under 7.1% in the modern era. a few have shot 7.2%. the devils are right now at 5.2%. it's just not possible that it keeps up like this, unless everyone's confidence is so shot that they've packed it in.

Woot!! Yet another record the Devils might have!!

that urinal thing is stupid and offensive. i can't believe you thought that was creative. even if the devils did that with avery i would have been a little embarassed by it. it seems very amateurish.

i guess you may consider it "creative marketing", but it just shows the classlessness of an organization who've been sh!t for so long and are now finally enjoying the fruits of years of being an afterthought in the LA market. it's not as if Kovy ever played for that team and left them to sign with us.

stay classy LA.

no team has shot under 7.1% in the modern era. a few have shot 7.2%. the devils are right now at 5.2%. it's just not possible that it keeps up like this, unless everyone's confidence is so shot that they've packed it in.

The reason their shooting % is so low is because they take garbage shots. Look at last night for example. They broke 40 shots but how many were of real good quality? Maybe 5 max? What a surprise that the only one that went in was on a play where the goalie was screened. What a concept right? You would think that they would try to do that more often.

They just don't put themselves in position to execute plays. No presence in front of the net, constantly over skating rebounds, weak shots into the goalies chest from the wings. There is just so little creativity out there from anyone. A solid power play would likely help boost their % but of course the pp is a crying shame. It's abysmal.

I don't know why you keep harping on this. It's not that they're going to set an amazing all-time rockbottom low. they only have to do it for long enough to wreck their season. then, when they're playing 30-40 walkthroughs, that % will go up.

I don't know why you keep harping on this. It's not that they're going to set an amazing all-time rockbottom low. they only have to do it for long enough to wreck their season. then, when they're playing 30-40 walkthroughs, that % will go up.

I made a similar point days ago and it fell on deaf ears. That said, it is pretty foreign from a Devil fan perspective to think a season can end in November, we haven't had it happen to us since the Mickey Mouse days. Maybe some of us will learn that lesson for the first time this year.

even the 'canes were briefly in the hunt last year and they were way worse. there's too much talent for this team to be buried by new year's.

that urinal thing is stupid and offensive. i can't believe you thought that was creative. even if the devils did that with avery i would have been a little embarassed by it. it seems very amateurish.

i guess you may consider it "creative marketing", but it just shows the classlessness of an organization who've been sh!t for so long and are now finally enjoying the fruits of years of being an afterthought in the LA market. it's not as if Kovy ever played for that team and left them to sign with us.

stay classy LA.

actually it was clean graphics on what appeared to be a 10 pt card stock with a UV coated varnish. they made sure that every other urinal had a different side of the card showing.

i can't believe it would have been "sanctioned" by the team... perhaps the same dudes that produced that video or anyone with several friends may have canvased the arena's restrooms to get the cards deployed...

imagine if our cretins who scream "rangers suck" chants during non rangers games, if they ever learned how to turn on a computer...:D

hope this does not become a trend...:D

stay classy LA.

Regardless, anything they can do here to rally the fans is good. It took a lot of energy and forethought. I agree with icedog's comment about the morons who chant "Rangers suck.." at non-Rangers games - yeah that's classy. It may be silly because Kovy never played here, but it stirred up a new rivalry for people here and made for a more intense game. Somthing that couldn't have been said years ago.

If DEVS fans did that with Sather or Avery folks here would be applauding the move and poting it as an avatar photo.

Also, for what its worth, a group of the LA fans who were yelling trash talk all night at me, fans around me, and the bench did take a moment to say how much they respected what our franchise had done since its beginnings, which I thought showed class. Its not like they were beating up Devils fans in the stands like at MSG or Nassau or PHI.

I have no problem with them taking pride in their organization and rallying together - even for what little they've accomplished - thats what good fanbases do.

I made a similar point days ago and it fell on deaf ears. That said, it is pretty foreign from a Devil fan perspective to think a season can end in November, we haven't had it happen to us since the Mickey Mouse days. Maybe some of us will learn that lesson for the first time this year.

And it wouldn't be the end of the world. I'd be scared to see what the attendance would be, but having a shot at a first round pick and perhaps trading away some players at the deadline could be refreshing. You just need a GM to accept that this isn't going to be your year. We are still far away from that decision being reached.

Philly and Colorado are two strong franchises that went through some adjustment periods for one year and came back very strongly.

even the 'canes were briefly in the hunt last year and they were way worse. there's too much talent for this team to be buried by new year's.

but the Canes were *awesome* in the second half. they may not end up buried in the "de facto eliminated" sense, but they'll be buried in the "it's just too far to come back" territory soon if this doesn't turn around.

there was a post on HF saying, in effect "we'll go 30-10-1 in the second half", which I guess is what they did in the first half last season... anyways, obviously, that's 61 points. to get to 92, which is the worst you can do and still have a reasonable expectation of being in the playoffs, you'd need 31 points in the first half to get 92, even with that insane clip.

we're on pace for 24. :lol: