Parise with torn meniscus will miss three months.

trailblazer

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having dealt with knee issues for a long time, I can tell you he could play with a knee injury as there are different levels of pain associated with different knee injuys. The fact that he wasn't weight bearing, or minimally weight bearing on one leg suggests a knee injury, hopefully it is just a strain, but if there is any sort of tear, even partial, he may be out a long time.

Well we played without Marty for 3 or 4 months. IF parise is out for a few weeks or months we should still be able to play better and make the playoffs.

This teams troubles are bigger than just finger pointing to a few players.....

Lets hope Parise trying to play with this injury didn't further the injury causing longer recovery time.

If its his knee then he will be out for a longtime and this team will miss him bigtime. If its the groin it could be at least 2 weeks maybe 4 weeks depending on how bad the injury is. It sounds like it is his groin by the way he said somethings to TG and Rich Chere over the telephone interview the other day. I hope for a speedy recovery for Parise and back on the ice real soon.

If its his knee then he will be out for a longtime and this team will miss him bigtime. If its the groin it could be at least 2 weeks maybe 4 weeks depending on how bad the injury is. It sounds like it is his groin by the way he said somethings to TG and Rich Chere over the telephone interview the other day. I hope for a speedy recovery for Parise and back on the ice real soon.

i agree from the way his interviews went, it sounds bad

two nights ago i was pounding the kool-aid thinking it wont be that bad, we'll be fine, but after that, i'm only taking half cups now thinking we'll pull through starting tonight

We played without Marty for 4 months and made the playoffs. Marty is a bigger player than Parise is on our team. If Parise is out for any length of time, we SHOULD be fine. Its not like Parise was lighting up the lamp. He has a few goals, same amount as Bergfors in atlanta. Parise IS a big part of the teams success but injuries can happen to anyone so we'll have to deal with it.

We played without Marty for 4 months and made the playoffs. Marty is a bigger player than Parise is on our team. If Parise is out for any length of time, we SHOULD be fine. Its not like Parise was lighting up the lamp. He has a few goals, same amount as Bergfors in atlanta. Parise IS a big part of the teams success but injuries can happen to anyone so we'll have to deal with it.

That's all well and good if we weren't missing Rolston Purina, Salvador, Vochenkov, chemistry, an ability to score goals as well as an ability to keep pucks out of our net.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/11/devils_winger_zach_parise_to_u.html

Devils winger Zach Parise will undergo arthroscopic knee surgery to determine the nature of a nagging injury that resulted in his being sent home from the Devils' current road trip.

Doctors say it is not related to cartilage or ligaments. There is no timetable on his return.