Danny Briere crosscheck

Derlique

I know this is a bit off topic, but who was the player who bit one of the Devils on the hand. I think Zajac was the one who was bit and if I remember it correctly he needed several stitches because of it. I mean how hard must you have to bite somebody to get through those gloves? At the least he must have bit through the leather on the underside of the gloves. That really stuck out to me as an oddity when I heard about that happening.

Scumbag move by scumbag players on a scumbag team. The sad thing is that, because Nielsen didn't get hurt, Briere and Carcillo will probably get slaps on the wrist, at worst. Severity of injury seems to be the thing that drives punishment when intent should be factored more heavily.

Scumbag move by scumbag players on a scumbag team. The sad thing is that, because Nielsen didn't get hurt, Briere and Carcillo will probably get slaps on the wrist, at worst. Severity of injury seems to be the thing that drives punishment when intent should be factored more heavily.

Time to check out the ol' flow chart, it seems

4093950458_03e4645497_o.gif

Good for DP for sticking up for his teammate. However can we please stop making pink equipment? Please? Just donate the money for research to finding a cure and stop with all this awareness garbage. If you aren't already aware that breast cancer is out there then you're a fvcking moron. *ends rant*

Edited by Satans Hockey

Wouldn't it be nice though if some of the Devils player showed some attitude though, a bit of fight.

In no way am I suggesting to this goonish level of stupidity, but a bit of attitude and swagger wouldn't go amiss.

Clarkson was supposed to be providing that.

This game was awesome. There was some events that lead up to that crosscheck. I won't rehash them, but the rematch coming up soon could be a good one. Briere should have never been in the game at that point. He was 3rd man in on an altercation between Gillies and Coburn. When Gillies got up Briere was standing fairly close and Gillies shoved him in the chest with one hand and it took Briere down to the ice. Glillies got 3 minors somehow. IT WAS AWESOME.

How the refs didn't give him a 3rd man in is amazing. Some quotes from Briere after the game.

He was mad because we were two on [Trevor] Gillies in front of the net a few face-offs before,” Briere said of the altercation with DiPietro. “All I was trying to do was hold his arm because he was trying to hit [braydon] Coburn.

Let's hope the old school hockey resumes Saturday Nov 6.

Edited by hystyk28

Two guys have, two guys have broken their wrists. :noclue:

I know, when I last checked we were tied for the league lead in fights with the Ducks, but its not really what I am talking about.

Its more of a "were not gonna take any $hit from anyone" sort of attitude that I would like to see, right now I feel the team is in a "Hey that wasn't nice!! I am not happy! I'm going to tell on you" phase.