Another sad day in America

SC Devs Fan

It's sad to see how the two party system again puts the individual party needs above that of the nation. Don't get me wrong, I'm a republican, but now we spend time trying to undo what has been accomplished over the last two years instead of moving forward.

It's just sad how few candidates appeal to both sides of the fence, how sad it is this nation cannot find anyone who inspires all people (or at least a huge majority) to choose him as a leader and have a vision for the future we can all agree on. We waste so much time and money worrying about what party controls the house and senate instead of worrying about the people who are actually elected and what their thoughts are. Just sad.

It's sad Harry Reid won...........he probably stole it.

I'm just glad the Congress can put a halt to this redical president's train. Now the Republicans need to realize people voted against Obama not for them. They need to curtail spending.

I don't disagree Jimmy, but now what will happen is the nation will turn its wrath on the current elected members while Obama preaches he cannot make change with the house and senate against him, the house and senate will say Obama isn't leading the nation in the right direction. Two more wasted years. It amazes me this Country doesn't have one person with the vision and ideas strong enough to cross party lines.

It's sad to see how the two party system again puts the individual party needs above that of the nation. Don't get me wrong, I'm a republican, but now we spend time trying to undo what has been accomplished over the last two years instead of moving forward.

It's just sad how few candidates appeal to both sides of the fence, how sad it is this nation cannot find anyone who inspires all people (or at least a huge majority) to choose him as a leader and have a vision for the future we can all agree on. We waste so much time and money worrying about what party controls the house and senate instead of worrying about the people who are actually elected and what their thoughts are. Just sad.

Agreed.

I'll agree with you on the part about parties. It's not good when people view parties the way they view, say, their sports teams. Politics has very strong, very real impact on peoples' lives. It should not be a game, and voters should not be cheerleaders.

That said, people disagree. I don't think it's possible for some person to come along and say, "I will make these big policy changes to make Americans' lives better," and then receive approval from a vast majority. Those policies are all already in place for the most part. Yes, we do still have problems that people want to see solved. But when the disagreement is less about what solution the governement should implement and more whether it should be government or the private sector implementing the solution, there just won't be much room for common ground. We have system that is meant to process peoples' choices and turn them into actions. We'll see which actions are possible with the new breakdown of powers.

I wouldn't worry about that, the republicans don't control nearly enough of congress to actually "undo" anything over the last two years.

IMO they will spend (waste?) the next two years bickering over the best way to fix the economy and some good might actually come of it because any legislation will have to be bi-partisan. Before the position the republicans took has been "you have the votes, you go fix it while we stand here assail your efforts". Now they have to get actively involved since they won the house, not the senate. They have to get something done to warrant being re-elected. "Stopping" Obama's agenda wont cut it, he already got his most "social" reform out of the way.

Edited by squishyx

Its completely fvcking sad that any side is wanting gridlock to maintain party lines.

And c'mon, I completely agree, Harry Reid is a scumbag and doesnt deserve to be a Senator of this country, but you're telling me you'd rather have seen a racist backwards bitch in the office? Puh-leeze. If Harry Reid was running against just about um, anyone else, he'd probably have lost, but Angle is scary....even to your own party.

Its completely fvcking sad that any side is wanting gridlock to maintain party lines.

And c'mon, I completely agree, Harry Reid is a scumbag and doesnt deserve to be a Senator of this country, but you're telling me you'd rather have seen a racist backwards bitch in the office? Puh-leeze. If Harry Reid was running against just about um, anyone else, he'd probably have lost, but Angle is scary....even to your own party.

Uh, okay Joy

Puh-leeze. If Harry Reid was running against just about um, anyone else, he'd probably have lost, but Angle is scary....even to your own party.

I guess that's taking the good with the bad. The Tea Party was one of the most intense grass roots movements we've ever seen. By choosing to absorb them into the party, the Republicans probably won a number of House and Senate seats that they wouldn't have gotten otherwise. On the other hand, they probably would have won some races like Nevada and Delaware (Senate) that were lost because of unelectable candidates that the Tea Party pushed forward. Not all good, not all bad, but I'm sure the GOP is feeling pretty satisfied right now with what they got.

You're arguing with the wrong person. he would rather have a racist backwards bitch. It might end up being 53-47, so at least they can breathe a sigh of relief that those two awful, awful candidates didn't cost them anything.

I am a liberal (notice I did not say I was a Democrat) and I was rooting against Reid. I blame him a lot for how little was accomplished these last two years. In today's political climate the Dems need a firebreathing ass kicker as leader. Schumer would have been that guy if Reid had lost. Now we are stuck with milquetoast Reid for the next six years.

Obama needs to step up and lead. Post-partisanship was a lofty but unattainable vision. I hope he realizes this now. Glancing jabs at obstruction and Fox "News" are are well and good but he needs to turn that up...way up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.