Parise has hired Don Meehan/Wade Arnott as new agent

SterioDesign

alright, we went through one hell of a summer, then i know we would be worried about Parise getting extended during the season... but at least that it would be "THATS IT" to be worried about...

now im worried about the devils making the playoffs... never felt that before? lol not to sure how to handle it haha but it would be a terrific relief to get Parise extended soon... at least

Step one: get on a winning track

Step two: extend Parise

Step three: Sit back, enjoy & relaxxxxxxxxxxx

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now with Parise on IR, it is the perfect opportunity to sit down with him and his agent and talk long term.

I would expect to see it in the next few weeks or months. Like you said, right now, Lou is going to work on getting the team back into winning shape then he will have the time and mental power to sit and talk contracts with various players.

Edited by Quinn01

Hmm.. not the best news IMO.

Arnott represented his brother when he had the contract disputes that resulted in his trade to the Stars back in 04 (or whenever it was don't remember)..

Why couldn't Parise just.. hire Brodeur as his agent?

Then again, with Arnott on the team and all, maybe Jason can pressure his brother into making sure Zach resigns?

Manta's not that far off. There will be quite a few teams able to offer Parise figures in the 8 to 9 mil per year area.

To be honest, as much as I love Parise, if he signs one of those deals, good riddance.

He isn't worth 4 first round picks on top of 8-9 million $ salary.

What do you think parise is going to ask for? What do you think he is going to get? I am going to say anywhere from 5.5 a year following when Elias or Rolstons contract expires? Pay him 4.5 the next 2 years, than 5.5 the following 4-5 years?

Not sure if serious..

Try 6-8 million..

Best case scenario for the Devils is 6 million until he reaches UFA status (4 year deal if i'm not mistaken) or a long term deal around that same $$$ per year taking him deep into his UFA years and heavily front loaded.

Manta's not that far off. There will be quite a few teams able to offer Parise figures in the 8 to 9 mil per year area.

No, there isn't. Those contracts with those cap hits so far have only been given to Crosby and Ovechkin and those came before the cap crunch of the last few years. I think we learned from this past summer that teams aren't willing to hand out deals with that type cap hits any more. Again any team that would be attractive to Parise isn't going to have the cap space to give him that deal. The teams that can are unattractive to players. Not to mention he would be a RFA, meaning a deal that big teams would also have to give up 4 first round picks that have to be their own. That further limits who can or is willing to hand that out.

His potential cap hit ceiling is probably around 7 million. He will probably make more for a few years in the deal depending how it is loaded, but the hit will be lower than 8 or 9 million. Such a deal will come from the Devils as they can and will match any offersheet in the range.

The only way I don't see Zach being locked up is if he just wants out and won't sign anything beyond a 1-year deal. If that is the case he would clearly want out and there would be nothing the Devils can do about it.

My plan would be re-signing Parise to a one-year deal worths 5M and start a long term deal later on because Lou will have much more room to think with Rolston, Elias and Brodeur all off the books after next season.

I agree. I think having Parise making about 5.5 for the next 2-3 years is great, then move him upto around 6 the following 5. We have got to do something about Patty's 6 million contract though. Hes not worth it. He should be making 2.5 after that b-s of a contract is done.