GDT: Buffalo Sabres @New Jersey Devils 7:00 EST

Devil Fan

I think Kovy lost all his confidence! That is the only explanation for his play lately, he still has flashes however.

I think your right. Hopefully he can get it back soon. The shootout and slap shot miss are things that happen even when your going good. The fact he was invisible tonight is more of a worry.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually shocked. I am honestly at a loss for words.

Exactly, same here... I still can't believe what I saw.

And you know what? Even though I know how much Kovy earns and that the expectations are (and should be) huge and that there is no excuse for something like this, I feel bad for the guy at the moment. You can see he's been struggling for some time now, he wasted that glorious chance with 1:30 left in the 3rd and when all eyes are on him once again, he fails miserably and is going to be eaten alive. I can't help but feel bad for him. Still, he's been totally disappointing and that just makes me sad.

And you know what? Even though I know how much Kovy earns and that the expectations are (and should be) huge and that there is no excuse for something like this, I feel bad for the guy at the moment. You can see he's been struggling for some time now, he wasted that glorious chance with 1:30 left in the 3rd and when all eyes are on him once again, he fails miserably and is going to be eaten alive. I can't help but feel bad for him. Still, he's been totally disappointing and that just makes me sad.

This exactly. I actually feel bad for him. I can't remember the last time I've seen a player so snakebitten.

If anyone ever told you suicide wasn't the answer, they were just being polite. You don't root for my team. You feel excited when they play well, and ditch them when they don't. You're not a fan, you're a fair-weather piece of worthless scum. I take sh!ts with more team spirit than you.

Listen just join the Kovalchuck hate train and get it over with. You're just being silly now. The guy is garbage. He used to own the Devil's when he played for Atlanta and that was it..literally. He blows. You saw it tonight. You witnessed it like everyone else. Do you honestly think this guy will bring a cup to NJ? He's a crack pot. It's the 16th game of the season and dude has lost his mind already due to that contract. He knows he isn't worth the money and us as fans are sadly just finding out about it.

This exactly. I actually feel bad for him. I can't remember the last time I've seen a player so snakebitten.

At this point I don't know what would be better for him...getting back out there on Friday and hope things improve, or take a game or two off to clear his head.

Agree with this, completely. I feel totally bad for him.

At this point I don't know what would be better for him...getting back out there on Friday and hope things improve, or take a game or two off to clear his head.

A game or two off to clear his head? You mean the game where he was healthy scratched for being late wasn't enough for him?

A game or two off to clear his head? You mean the game where he was healthy scratched for being late wasn't enough for him?

Yeah, making him a healthy scratch at this point will probably do more harm than good.

I feel like he just needs to score one. Just get the monkey off his back.

Kovalchuk just watches the game. In Atlanta he would yell for the puck in his own zone and always want it on his stick to bring down ice with speed. Now his speed is gone (maybe he was not training during the K negotiations?) and he never seems to move into open ice looking for the puck. When he is in his own zone and the other team has the puck he doesn't even swat at it or poke check when he is within like 3 feet of a player. He has absolutely no aggression, he lookes like a nudered dog out there.

again i dont see why everyone is sh!tting on Kovie, came really close to get a highlight reel goal early in the game... got unlucky at the end of the game and he was not even on the top 3 shooters for the shootout... if the other guys would have done their job he would not have stepped on the ice at all... and now because HE missed well everyone is freaking out

with that said he's not producing like he should but that happen and there's no need to freak out there's way way way way way way worst contracts out there...

Kovalchuk is nothing but an embarrassment for us now.

i have to admit, i was really excited to have him coming here long term, and he was a point a game player in NJ when we got him after the trade.

Now, it's disgraceful.

all i can hope for now, is that he picks things up over the next year or so with us, otherwise he isn't going to last out his contract with NJ.

again i dont see why everyone is sh!tting on Kovie, came really close to get a highlight reel goal early in the game... got unlucky at the end of the game and he was not even on the top 3 shooters for the shootout... if the other guys would have done their job he would not have stepped on the ice at all... and now because HE missed well everyone is freaking out

with that said he's not producing like he should but that happen and there's no need to freak out there's way way way way way way worst contracts out there...

I laughed out loud. Well done, Sterio!