GDT: Buffalo Sabres @New Jersey Devils 7:00 EST

Devil Fan

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again i dont see why everyone is sh!tting on Kovie, came really close to get a highlight reel goal early in the game... got unlucky at the end of the game and he was not even on the top 3 shooters for the shootout... if the other guys would have done their job he would not have stepped on the ice at all... and now because HE missed well everyone is freaking out

with that said he's not producing like he should but that happen and there's no need to freak out there's way way way way way way worst contracts out there...

Oh please...Kovy has a partial breakaway, shoots it in the stands, he has a shootout and doesn't even get a shot on net because he fumbles the puck :rant: Sorry if I expect more than that and six points in sixteen games from our $100 million man. $100 million my tit. I hate the fact that Manta's probably going to be right and Kovy's our Yashin-like albatross.

Oh please...Kovy has a partial breakaway, shoots it in the stands, he has a shootout and doesn't even get a shot on net because he fumbles the puck :rant: Sorry if I expect more than that and six points in sixteen games from our $100 million man. $100 million my tit. I hate the fact that Manta's probably going to be right and Kovy's our Yashin-like albatross.

I think Yashin did better than Kovy...at least he was partially the reason why the Isles made the playoffs.

While I will admit that was pretty ugly, it seems a little early to call Kovy a failure in New Jersey. The whole team is struggling, cant put all the blame on him. Alot of people on this board seem to pile it on pretty heavy when things suck. My guess is if things were going better, they would be the same saying the kovy signing was the best thing ever.

again i dont see why everyone is sh!tting on Kovie, came really close to get a highlight reel goal early in the game... got unlucky at the end of the game and he was not even on the top 3 shooters for the shootout... if the other guys would have done their job he would not have stepped on the ice at all... and now because HE missed well everyone is freaking out

with that said he's not producing like he should but that happen and there's no need to freak out there's way way way way way way worst contracts out there...

Dude cmon... I agree saying the shootout is the reason we lost is over-magnifying one play... but still he didn't do anything tonight. If the other guys did their job? When is he going to do his? He is at least responsible for the loss as anyone else tonight.

Dude cmon... I agree saying the shootout is the reason we lost is over-magnifying one play... but still he didn't do anything tonight. If the other guys did their job? When is he going to do his? He is at least responsible for the loss as anyone else tonight.

lol well I was not saying that he played the game of his life or anything... just meant that people gotta stop putting the blame on his back every time we lose... not as if he was -4 or something or scored in our own net...

Exactly! He is responsible just like everyone else. I understand it's really easy to blame Kovy because of his salary. But it's starts in the defensive end which is way below par these days.

lol well I was not saying that he played the game of his life or anything... just meant that people gotta stop putting the blame on his back every time we lose... not as if he was -4 or something or scored in our own net...

Fair enough... he has shouldered his share of the blame that's for sure.

Listen just join the Kovalchuck hate train and get it over with. You're just being silly now. The guy is garbage. He used to own the Devil's when he played for Atlanta and that was it..literally. He blows. You saw it tonight. You witnessed it like everyone else. Do you honestly think this guy will bring a cup to NJ? He's a crack pot. It's the 16th game of the season and dude has lost his mind already due to that contract. He knows he isn't worth the money and us as fans are sadly just finding out about it.

...nice Job slapping Minnie Mouse around tonight....we all enjoyed it.

yeah but if they're going to keep the ridiculous shootout BS then it's a SHOT not dribble the puck down and if you lose control or take your stick off that's it, you lose your chance. You get down there and halfway in you're lining up your shot and the puck hits a divot in the ice and gets away from you a little and THAT counts as a shot? F That! All the shootout is, is a lame attempt to make it appear that there's more scoring in the game when it's not realistic. Besides penalty shots when are you ever allowed to take the puck unobstructed from the redline and shoot? It's just not hockey. Preseason? eh fine if you must, but it's better left for the skills competition the night before the all star game. I've hated the idea since day 1. IMO they should go back to pre-lockout OT rules. 5 on 5, sudden death or it's a tie, each get a point, NO shootout!

Exactly! He is responsible just like everyone else. I understand it's really easy to blame Kovy because of his salary. But it's starts in the defensive end which is way below par these days.

you're right everyone is responsible BUT Kovy had 4 good scoring chances in the 3rd and blew them all shooting 10 feet wide something rolston gets blasted on here for......... He also totally CHOKED on the shootout attempt

Arnott was great. SHOCKED when HE was there covering on defence. He's so casual it wigs me out but he got things done tonight.

I knew Captain Minnesota would score on the shoot out :wub:

and I knew Kovalchuk just didn't have it tonight. I have ZERO problem with growing pains. Dude didn't know whether to sh!t or go blind out there tonight.

I may have seen something in Tallinder tonight. He's got a little Swedish temper on him. A LOT like my husband's uncles. The Swedish temper can be indistinguishable from the Swedish sense of humor at times.

and -- someone is WELL on his way to becoming my new pet :wub: I just dont want to mess it up by even saying anything.

yeah but if they're going to keep the ridiculous shootout BS then it's a SHOT not dribble the puck down and if you lose control or take your stick off that's it, you lose your chance. You get down there and halfway in you're lining up your shot and the puck hits a divot in the ice and gets away from you a little and THAT counts as a shot? F That! All the shootout is, is a lame attempt to make it appear that there's more scoring in the game when it's not realistic. Besides penalty shots when are you ever allowed to take the puck unobstructed from the redline and shoot? It's just not hockey. Preseason? eh fine if you must, but it's better left for the skills competition the night before the all star game. I've hated the idea since day 1. IMO they should go back to pre-lockout OT rules. 5 on 5, sudden death or it's a tie, each get a point, NO shootout!

Yea and if KovalCHOKE scored you'd be like na shoot outs cool. It's 2010. It's part of the game. It's party of hockey and you need to win them in order to get 2 points. The end.