Would you be interested in a Devils Supporters Section *UPDATE*

Satans Hockey

80 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join a Devils supporters section to stand/chant/sing for the full 60 mins?

• Yes
    • No

This has been talked about a few times so I'm curious to see what the interest would be for it. How many of you would actually like to be in a supporters section where we stand the whole game and chant and eventually sing some songs.

I'm part of the Supporters sections at the Red Bull games. Supporters sections are done at the Red Bulls and other MLS games too and almost every soccer team everywhere. I think it would be awesome if we could have it at the Devils games too. They could just give us one section thats high up cause its guaranteed to be almost always empty anyway.

The only thing about it is that we would have to get a good amount of interest involved in it to get the ball rolling on it because the Devils might not like the idea but it would sure as hell differentiate us from the rest of the league so maybe they would be willing to try something new.

I was thinking we could get a section high up so we don't bother anyone else, like section 215

Please let me know your thoughts/concerns/etc. If enough people are interested in this maybe we could get something in motion. Maybe a few test runs for this season and have it in full force for next season.

1011seatingpricingfull.jpg

Edited by Satans Hockey

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great idea and I feel as if a constant buzz created by this fan section would fire up the rest of the crowd and the team. I've been to Devils games before when a visiting team takes over a whole section and they have drowned out every other section of Devils fans embarrassingly. This section would keep the atmosphere alive at the Rock, something that is seriously lacking during the regular season.

I would support a Devils supporter section in the LOWER LEVEL for the hardcore and dedicated fans at a discount price. That way we actually get some loud fans on the lower level and it looks better on TV.

I do agree with you that it would be better and I could be wrong but I believe the issue would be the Devils would not want us down there. They also might be more interested in giving us a bit of a discount of a section that is barely ever used anyway. I've noticed that the upper level corner sections right next to the 10 dollar seats are usually the most empty sections.

I think the way this would work would have to be to put the group somewhere in the upper level. The lower level contains people who paid good money for their seats, and could be more sensitive to an intense group as the one thought up. I like the idea, though, and it could potentially give our stadium a whole new intimidation factor. Its the consistency of every game though that might be hard to maintain.. Pesrsonally, I dont know if i could stand and chant the whole game unless i was heavily intoxicated. Sometimes, I like to focus deep quietly in the game in addition to cheering

If the section were to ever be created, I would want it to be on the side the Devils attack twice.

I've noticed that the mezzanine level seats that are bhind the goal/in the corners are pretty empty once you get past the first half dozen rows or so. Those sections are also fairly large compared to other mezz and upper bowl sections, so they'd even be able to make the supporter sect be row x-row x in whatever section if that'd be easier to do.

One downside is I feel like this section could easily turn into the drunk, obnoxious, a$$hole section, especially if there's a discount involved.

You guys also could just call the box office and inquire about group ticket sales and see what you could do with that instead of trying to pitch this more complex idea to Devils ticket sales management.

I would love to be a part of this, but if the goal is to make the section for season ticket holders only, then I wouldn't be able to afford it.

That definitely won't be part of the plan because I know there are too many games and I know that not everyone has the time or money to go to every game and it would be a bad idea to exclude people. The whole idea behind it is to bring fans together not separate them even further.

I don't know how the Devils do things but the best idea I think would be to see if the Devils can give us a ticket sales rep to call and order tickets threw to get the seats so we all end up together. Other teams in the MLS have done that for us when I've gone to see the Red Bulls at away games with the supporters club. That way no one has to front the money for a bunch of tickets that may or may not be bought by people who are interested.

I think we need to get at least 20 to 30 people to have any real impact to show the Devils that this is a good idea and that it could work.

Edited by Satans Hockey

One downside is I feel like this section could easily turn into the drunk, obnoxious, a$$hole section, especially if there's a discount involved.

I agree that could be a downside but people will have to understand that some things will not be tolerated and all the rules that apply to everyone else in the arena still apply to us. We would have to do some self policing of ourselves because if anything stupid happens that would be a detriment to this whole idea.

The other obvious thing is there will be no organized cursing by us. The Red Bulls have frowned upon us for doing it so I think it would be beneficial for us not to do it just so we stay in the good graces of the Devils and show them that is a good idea.

We are going to have to prove ourselves that we are capable of running this so the Devils don't shut us down. If we can pull this off though we would have one of the most unique things in the NHL because there are 0 other teams that do this.

and no Montreal fans singing Ole, Ole, Ole doesn't count :lol:

Edited by Satans Hockey

Here's an idea I'd like the Devils to steal from the Redskins.

The 'Skins just converted the club-level areas behind each end zone into "Party Decks." These decks are Standing Room Only and ticket holders have access to all amenities on the club level. They're brand new this year, but from all accounts I've heard, they're the most fun place in the stadium to take in a game from.

The Devils could convert the seats in front of the Goal Bar and the Restaurant Ledge into this kind of SRO section, while making the Goal Bar and Restaurant themselves into the kind of suite-level amenities that would be worth paying extra for. They already have a good thing going with the Goal Bar atmosphere pre- and post-game, so do something like that with the restaurant. Have bands playing there before and after games and throw in extra appearances from the mascot, dancers and former players.

It's a winner, I tells ya.

Great idea. I wonder if this was ever brought up on the Jersey Tour meetings.

It would have to be End upper deck level since thats usually last to sell out

Also agree it cant be a section that turns out to be an old boys obnoxious assclown club. Its gotta be purely singing/chanting.

On a side note, the ironbound is next door to the Pru and itd be great to see the Brazilians/Portuguese converted into hockey fans. Theyre always up for song! They make for suuportive fans and would yield a great atmosphere. I wonder if the Devils even market in that neighborhood

Edited by devlman

Ok but when would choir practice be for this?

haha baby steps, I figure once we see if enough people are interested, I'll make a thread seeing which game would be easiest for everyone for our first game (most likely a weekend game), then talk to the devils, then make a thread figuring out some songs that we could sing and that first game will be our practice. Like I said baby steps lol

Edited by Satans Hockey

I like the idea of an upper corner where the devils shoot 2x. However I would go as far as requiring anyone who gets a ticket in that section to be a devils fan. If a fan from the opposing team tries to get in there throw them out of the game. There would be only one reason for other fans to try to get into a section like that, and that would be to cause trouble.

Andrew Bogut of the Bucks started the idea of Squad 6 and it has been copied by many NBA teams since. He held open tryouts to find 100 of the craziest fans to cheer all game in the lower bowl. Basically, you get free tickets if you stand and go crazy all game. The results were pretty cool to see.

Here is there website. I suggest you all check it out. http://www.nba.com/bucks/squad6.html If you watch the NBA and have seen these guys, it really is an awesome thing.

Edited by devilsrule33