Olbermann, O'Reilly and the death of real news

DaneykoIsGod

Fox News beat EVERYONE including the "Big Lib 3" this past election night.

And I'm sure MSNBC and CNN outdid the big 3 on election night also since unlike network news the cable news channels have more in depth coverage on election night. On every other night of the year, the CBS nightly news (the lowest rated of the big 3) draws about triple what Bill O'Reilly does on any given night.

And I'm sure MSNBC and CNN outdid the big 3 on election night also since unlike network news the cable news channels have more in depth coverage on election night. On every other night of the year, the CBS nightly news (the lowest rated of the big 3) draws about triple what Bill O'Reilly does on any given night.

Nope.

Fox News, a favorite of Republicans with its stable of conservative hosts like Glenn Beck, had an average of 6.96 million viewers in prime time on Tuesday, according to the Nielsen Company. That was more than double the audience for CNN, which drew an average of 2.42 million viewers Tuesday night, and more than triple that for MSNBC, at 1.94 million viewers.

Link

Another Link

Can't be denied with any excuses. Fox is going up, the lib whore media is crashing.

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

Nope.

Fox News, a favorite of Republicans with its stable of conservative hosts like Glenn Beck, had an average of 6.96 million viewers in prime time on Tuesday, according to the Nielsen Company. That was more than double the audience for CNN, which drew an average of 2.42 million viewers Tuesday night, and more than triple that for MSNBC, at 1.94 million viewers.

Link

Another Link

Can't be denied with any excuses. Fox is going up, the lib whore media is crashing.

CBS Nightly News draws an audience o 6 million plus per night. NBC nightly news more than 9 million.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope.

Link

Another Link

:blahblah:

Your hyperbole is ridiculous.

Considering that this past election was expected to be bigger than their last few for the Republicans (which it was in some respect, but not as big as they predicted) ITS NO SURPRISE that Fox led. That side of the fence was most excited about it. The left was far more apathetic, and it was proven with the turnout, just as the turnout was similarly low for the right in 2006 and 2008.

Why don't you pull up the ratings for a year when the GOP had their dicks in the dirt going into it? Or better yet, a presidential year, 2000, 2004, 2008.

Here's 2008 just for a comparison. ABC led for networks and CNN led for cable

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/media_entertainment/more-than-71-million-tuned-in-for-election-night-coverage/

Using TV ratings to assert any point about the political direction (or lack of) in this country is akin to using uniform colors in choosing a favorite team.

Fox News news division is straight down the middle. You guys should have issues with Hannity, who is a clear partisan.

How is Fox News down the middle if they have major political contributors who are Republican Presidential candidates (Palin, Huckabee) and none who are Democrats? I'm genuinely curious, because the American public is 50% Democrat and 50% Republican (+/- 10% depending on circumstances), how can they represent the middle by only being contributed to by one side?

I think removing all of the following from the American political sphere would improve it greatly:

Hannity

Olberman

Maddow

Beck

While I hate his method of journalism (yelling over his critics, it's the same thing my brother does to get his way in an argument), Bill O'Reilly is a smart man. He may be conservative, but that doesn't prevent him from being smart.

I honestly feel Jon Stewart is one of the smartest men out there as well. I don't like that he places himself "outside" the American political sphere but I still respect him greatly.

I have to say that the phrase "whore media" is redundant. They are whores on both sides, trying to sell stories to the most eyeballs. Whether they are lib or conservative doesn't make a difference.

Do you prefer the blonde- or the brunette?

And why do you care which one the guy next to you prefers?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.