Mike Richards' threat on PK Subban

Derlique

Didn't watch the Montreal/Philly game tonight, but apparently Richards is butthurt about the loss. Flyers were gooning it up out there with Powe taking an awful run at Halpern. Richards was running around too, and challenged Andrei Kostitsyn to a fight, but when a bigger/tougher PK Subban challenged him, Richards backed off. Post game, the Flyers captain said "something might happen to Subban"

LOL what a joke Mike Richards is

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/201011/16/01-4343387-richards-quelque-chose-pourrait-arriver-a-subban.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Sports

sorry its in French

Edited by SMantzas

Didn't watch the Montreal/Philly game tonight, but apparently Richards is butthurt about the loss. Flyers were gooning it up out there with Powe taking an awful run at Halpern and elbowing another player. Richards was running around too, and challenged Andrei Kostitsyn to a fight, but when a bigger/tougher PK Subban challenged him, Richards backed off. Post game, the Flyers captain said "something might happen to Subban"

LOL what a joke Mike Richards is

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/201011/16/01-4343387-richards-quelque-chose-pourrait-arriver-a-subban.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Sports

sorry its in French

You didn't watch the game but somehow know that Powe took runs at Habs? Really. What are the lottery numbers this week since you know stuff without seeing it. Powe didn't take ANY runs at Hab players. Both his hits were clean and even the Versus guys said it was Powe's shoulder hitting the Hab player NOT his elbow. In both cases the Hab player bent down and exposed their head.

If you saw the game you'd know Powe didn't elbow the guy.. He threw a clean hit and lifted his elbow after.. You should try watching games before commenting on them

Haha get a grip dude....I saw highlights and did see the hit.

By the way, I'm from the Philly area and have been watching the Flyers even before I've been a Devils fan, so don't give me the "try watching games before you comment on them" bs. What did you recently get center ice and you've started recently watching the Flyers? We all know you LOVEEE the way they play, but I'll throw my own "try to do something" tidbit in there. Try to have all your friends be flyers fans, going to the Wells Fargo center more than 2 times as a Devils fan, try to realize that this thread was about a threat, not a disputable hit....

Haha get a grip dude....I saw highlights and did see the hit.

By the way, I'm from the Philly area and have been watching the Flyers even before I've been a Devils fan, so don't give me the "try watching games before you comment on them" bs. What did you recently get center ice and you've started recently watching the Flyers? We all know you LOVEEE the way they play, but I'll throw my own "try to do something" tidbit in there. Try to have all your friends be flyers fans, going to the Wells Fargo center more than 2 times as a Devils fan, try to realize that this thread was about a threat, not a disputable hit....

Hahaha.. You're right, the professionals analyzing the game must have been wrong too.. Glad you caught the highlights and suddenly know all about the game.. I'm in Ewing, NJ so I get CSN Philly but you've already shown that you love to assume things without knowing enough information so I expected nothing less.. The threat is less relevant to what happened on the ice.. You commented about it in your post and I responded.. I'm less interested about off-ice drama when it doesn't effect the Devils.. I don't "love" the way the Flyers play, but I respect it as a hockey fan and damn it I wish the Devils were playing as well as them right now

Eh, I've never been a huge fan of richards. Not quite as bad as that pathetic little man briere, but not far off. This doesn't exactly surprise me that something like this came out of the Flyers lockroom, either.

I just hope nothing happens to subban. Bertuzzi: Part 2 anyone?

Hahaha.. You're right, the professionals analyzing the game must have been wrong too.. Glad you caught the highlights and suddenly know all about the game.. I'm in Ewing, NJ so I get CSN Philly but you've already shown that you love to assume things without knowing enough information so I expected nothing less.. The threat is less relevant to what happened on the ice.. You commented about it in your post and I responded.. I'm less interested about off-ice drama when it doesn't effect the Devils.. I don't "love" the way the Flyers play, but I respect it as a hockey fan and damn it I wish the Devils were playing as well as them right now

lol what a smug post.....we all know how great some of these "experts" are, chico is the best.

Edit:

Sorry, my phone prematurely replied. Anyway, the Flyers certainly have a history of cheap shots and what not and the Powe hit on Halpern is questionable at best. After looking at the other hit Powe delivered again, it was clean. I fixed it on the original post.

Who knows what the point of these comments were by Richards. Was he trying to scare Subban, make a threat, but if something should happen to Subban on Monday, when these teams meet in Philly, it will be seen as a premeditated. Not the smartest thing for Richards to do.

Also, if you could learn to insert commas, it would help...thanks

Edited by SMantzas

lol what a smug post.....we all know how great some of these "experts" are, chico is the best.

How was he being smug when the very first line of your original post was:

Didn't watch the Montreal/Philly game tonight,

You clearly said you didn't watch the game but then go onto comment about it. Yeah you saw the highlights. Then I guess you're wrong and blind. Both of Powe's hits were completely legal and even the Versus crew agreed.

Edited by Eztarget

How was he being smug when the very first line of your original post was:

You clearly said you didn't watch the game but then go onto comment about it. Yeah you saw the highlights. Then I guess you're wrong and blind. Both of Powe's hits were completely legal and even the Versus crew agreed.

Lol....looking back at your posts, you must be a legit flyers fan. Call me "wrong" or "blind", but the fact is that your whole fan base b!tches and moans about every little thing refs do against Philly, it is of Montreal proportions. So you calling me blind really stings.....honestly

Powe's hit on Halpern was from behind...ever heard of the penalty "hitting from behind" yeah, its illegal

People can decide here......dirty or clean?

Richards = :blahblah:

Hes just looking for people to go "OHHH what a badass!"

Now, that hit on Halpern. At first it looks like a dirty hit but the last clip from behind the glass right infront of the hit, it looks like he was just going to battle in the corner and used his size for the advantage. Maybe his elbow was a tad high for the situation but I wouldnt really call that a hit from behind necessarily.

Lol....looking back at your posts, you must be a legit flyers fan. Call me "wrong" or "blind", but the fact is that your whole fan base b!tches and moans about every little thing refs do against Philly, it is of Montreal proportions. So you calling me blind really stings.....honestly

Powe's hit on Halpern was from behind...ever heard of the penalty "hitting from behind" yeah, its illegal

People can decide here......dirty or clean?

He hit his shoulder to his shoulder. Jesus it's clear as day. Powe is NOT a dirty player. He wasn't even looking at the player when he hit him he was fighting for the puck and pushed his shoulder into him.

Put it this way, the play was so "dirty" Powe didn't even get a penalty called on him and the league hasn't even said a thing about it. I mean the way you're talking here you would think it was Scott Stevens launching his shoulder into someone's head.

He hit his shoulder to his shoulder. Jesus it's clear as day. Powe is NOT a dirty player. He wasn't even looking at the player when he hit him he was fighting for the puck and pushed his shoulder into him.

The fact it wasn't called, and that the league hasn't reacted to it, is completely irrelevant. We've all witnessed this past week how useless and inconstant Colin Campbell is.

He "wasn't looking at him", so that makes a clear-cut hit from behind legal? Granted, the Montreal player turned towards the boards but it's the hitting player's job to pull up on the hit if he sees numbers. He didn't need to press into halpern to cancel him out of the play.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Put it this way, the play was so "dirty" Powe didn't even get a penalty called on him and the league hasn't even said a thing about it. I mean the way you're talking here you would think it was Scott Stevens launching his shoulder into someone's head.

Ehhh, I remember Powe had a very questionable hit on Jaro Spacek last year. I guess compared to Pronger, Hartnell, Briere and Carcillo he's a lady bing winner

Edited by SMantzas