TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine and Cancer survivor forc

How far is this stuff going to go? I'll be driving or taking the train from now on. fvck this sh!t.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40291856/ns/travel-news#

A retired special education teacher on his way to a wedding in Orlando, Fla., said he was left humiliated, crying and covered with his own urine after an enhanced pat-down by TSA officers recently at Detroit Metropolitan Airport.

“I was absolutely humiliated, I couldn’t even speak,” said Thomas D. “Tom” Sawyer, 61, of Lansing, Mich.

Sawyer is a bladder cancer survivor who now wears a urostomy bag, which collects his urine from a stoma, or opening in his stomach. “I have to wear special clothes and in order to mount the bag I have to seal a wafer to my stomach and then attach the bag. If the seal is broken, urine can leak all over my body and clothes.”

and this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1331346/Cancer-survivor-forced-prosthetic-breast-TSA-agents-airport.html

A flight attendant and cancer survivor has revealed her horror at being forced to show her prosthetic breast to a security agent during a pat-down at Charlotte Douglas International Airport.

Cathy Bossi from South Charlotte has been a flight attendant for over 30 years and has worked for U.S. Airways for the past 28 years.

She said she was asked to go through the full body-scanners at the airport in early August which she was reluctant to do because of fears of the radiation from the machine passing through her body.

The 3-year-breast cancer survivor agreed, but was then asked by two female Charlotte TSA agents to go to a private room for further screening, and they began what Ms Bossi described as an aggressive pat down.

She said they stopped when they got around to feeling her right breast - the one she had lost through her illness.

Ms Bossi said: 'She put her full hand on my breast and said, 'What is this?'. And I said, 'It's my prosthesis because I've had breast cancer.' And she said, 'Well, you'll need to show me that'.'

Edited by Satans Hockey

I still do not see the fuss about these scanners and pat downs are all about. I mean we were given a good year or so notice that this was coming, so why is everyone now up in arms about it?

Please do not say they are violating your rights. Which one are they violating for checking to make sure you make it from point a to point b without the plane exploding? Please do not say the 4th Amendment, because the key word is "unreasonable" search. It is not unreasonable to check you good since we have the shoe bomber, underwear bomber, 9/11, several hijackings going back decades to show that flying is still targeted quite a bit by terrorists.

The thing is too, this is a result of the US public and government and their politically correct- crap too. We would not need these if we could profile. Israel profiles at their airports, and El-Al is known for being one of the most secure airlines in the world without need for these scanners and searches. I am sorry, but honestly given past history, I think it is more likely the Muslim looking person will try to hijack the plane than a 3 year old kid or 80 year old woman.

Finally, if you do not like to be scanned, then do not complain about the pat down. I have seen the images and yeah you can see a bit, but not everything. I do not care if some minimum wage guy sees my junk, I just want to get to my destination and not have to wait at the security checkout for hours because everyone wants to opt for the pat-down which take longer. Also, do not give me that radiation BS, as you probably get the same or more radiation by watching TV for 2 hours a day every day than a scan that takes less than a minute and flying only every so often. Man, people in this country like to cry over everything.

The scanners don't pick up plastics, powder or liquids. A former head of TSA is selling these machines. If that doesn't smell like bullsh!t then I don't know what does.

What's going to happen when someone sticks something up their ass? Are we gonna have to receive an anal cavity search next? It's ridiculous.

The scanners don't pick up plastics, powder or liquids. A former head of TSA is selling these machines. If that doesn't smell like bullsh!t then I don't know what does.

What's going to happen when someone sticks something up their ass? Are we gonna have to receive an anal cavity search next? It's ridiculous.

So we should have a more powerful scanner then or no scanner and no checking at all in any form?

The problem I have with the procedure is that the TSA members are clearly insensitive to people with special medical needs.

It's going to come to the point where someone training in nursing is going to have to be a specialized TSA agent to be able to handle people with medical conditions. Good luck filling and keeping that post filled though.

I haven't really flown in a while, is there anywhere where you can specify to the airline that you have special medical needs?

The problem I have with the procedure is that the TSA members are clearly insensitive to people with special medical needs.

It's going to come to the point where someone training in nursing is going to have to be a specialized TSA agent to be able to handle people with medical conditions. Good luck filling and keeping that post filled though.

I haven't really flown in a while, is there anywhere where you can specify to the airline that you have special medical needs?

I can actually see a point in what you are saying and I agree with you. That is a fault that the TSA needs to address and correct ASAP. Other than that, I still have no problems with the scanner or patdown.

So we should have a more powerful scanner then or no scanner and no checking at all in any form?

I didn't say that. Of course there needs to be some sort of checking but these scanners are no better then the current metal detectors and they are actually worse because of the radiation they give off.

We are never going to be 100% safe. Groping peoples private parts at the airport isn't going to make us any safer.

There needs to be a jarring reality check in this country and Ron Paul tocuhed on it in a clip from another thread. We spend billions of dollars to make us "safer" while flying... flying already was the safest mode of transportation by far. Hell i think it's even safer then walking and this is before you add in the TSA's security nonsense. We are wasting money that could be spent towards areas that people get killed during a much more frequent basis all because of a collective irrational paranoia we have of flying

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.