GDT: NJ Devils vs. Washington Capitals

Colin226

We find ourselves in a new and foreign place.. During my 21.5 years, the team has never been this bad to start a season.. And it's rough to watch, but rather than looking at standings, I choose to take each game as it's own entity.. Each game is a new opportunity to play hard and win.. And each win, because they are harder to earn this season, becomes that much more special to watch..

It's around this time of year that we give thanks for the things we have.. As Devils fans, we often times are less thankful that we have had success in the past, and consider it more of something we deserve as fans of this team.. I think right now we need to all calm down and remember that we have a lot to be thankful for with this team.. They are New Jersey's team, our team, and they are proud to be here.. We have a beautiful arena to call home, our home.. We should be thankful for the past success of this team, and the commitment by management to always get better and eventually return us to Stanley Cup champions.. It would be easy for ownership to give up and move someplace where a sellout every night is a given, but they choose to stay here and give us a team that has been and will be competitive, and for that I am thankful..

Let's go DEVILS!!!

Washington+Capitals+v+New+Jersey+Devils+3FHFikWvw-1l.jpg

devils-capitals--e9011ab9680fb17a_large.jpg

ovechkinwall.jpg

Edited by Colin226

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At game 21 I feel it's time for Lou to bring in a speaker for tonight's game:

Speaker: Let me have your attention for a moment! So you're talking about what? You're talking about...(puts out his cigarette)...bitching about that goal you shot, some son of a b&tch that crosschecks and no call, the fans that are booing, some broad you're trying to screw and so forth. Let's talk about something important. Are they all here?

Lou: All but one.

Speaker: Well, I'm going anyway. Let's talk about something important! (to Kovalchuk) Put that coffee down!! Coffee's for scorers only. (Kovalchuk scoffs) Do you think I'm fvcking with you? I am not fvcking with you and I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's Kovalchuk?

Kovalchuk: Yeah.

Speaker: You call yourself a hockey player, you son of a bitch?

Elias: I don't have to listen to this sh%t.

Speaker: You certainly don't pal. 'Cause the good news is -- you're fired. The bad news is you've got, all you got, just one week to regain your jobs, starting tonight. Starting with tonights game. Oh, have I got your attention now? Good. 'Cause we're adding a little something to this top player contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone want to see second prize? Second prize's a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired. You get the picture? You're laughing now? Vanderbeek and the fans paid good money. You can't close out games, you can't close sh%t, you ARE sh%t, hit the bricks pal and beat it 'cause you are going out!!!

Kovalchuk: Our defense is weak.

Speaker: 'Our defense is weak.' Fvcking defense are weak? You're weak. I've been in this business fifteen years.

Elias: What's your name?

Speaker: FVCK YOU, that's my name!! You know why, Mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove a eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name!! (to Kovalchuk) And your name is "you're wanting." And you can't play in a man's game. You can't score goals. (at a near whisper) And you go home and tell your wife your troubles. (to everyone again) Because only one thing counts in this life! Get the goalie to shift, get the defense out of position! You hear me, you fVcking f%ggots?

(Speaker flips over a blackboard which has two sets of letters on it: ABS, and AIDA.)

Speaker: A-B-S. A-always, B-be, S-Scoring. Always be scoring! Always be scoring!! A-I-D-A. Attention, interest, defense, action. Attention -- do I have your attention? Interest -- are you interested in winning? I know you are because it's fvck or walk. You close or you hit the bricks! Defense -- have you defended for Christ?!! And action. A-I-D-A; get out there!! You got the prospects comin' in; you think they came in to get out of the rain? Guy doesn't sign a 100 million dollar contract unless he consistently scores. Goalies sitting out there waiting for you to roof it! Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it? (to Elias) What's the problem pal? You. Elias.

Elias: You're such a hero, you're so rich. Why you coming down here and waste your time on a bunch of bums?

(Speaker sits and takes off his 5 Cup Rings)

Speaker: You see these rings? You see these rings?

Elias: Yeah.

Speaker: These rings cost more than your contract. You see, pal, that's who I am. And you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a sh%t. Good father? FVck you -- go home and play with your kids!! (to everyone) You wanna work here? Close!! (to Tallinder) You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you c%cksucker? You can't take this -- how can you take the abuse you get in your defensive end?! You don't like it -- leave. I can go out there tonight with the gear you got, and score 5 goals! Tonight! In two hours! Can you? Can you? Go and do likewise! A-I-D-A!! Get mad! You sons of b%tches! Get mad!! You know what it takes win games?

(He pulls something out of his briefcase)

Speaker: It takes brass b%lls to score goals.

(He's holding two brass b%lls on string, over the appropriate "area"--he puts them away after a pause)

Speaker: Go and do likewise, gents. The goals are out there, you score them, it's yours. You don't--I have no sympathy for you. You wanna go out on the ice tonight and score, it's yours. If not you're going to be shining my shoes. Bunch of losers sitting around in a bar. (in a mocking weak voice) "Oh yeah, I used to be a pro hockey player, it's a tough racket." (I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. (to Elias as he puts on his cup rings) And to answer your question, pal: why am I here? I came here because Vanderbeek, Lou and the fans asked me to, they asked me for a favor. I said, the real favor, follow my advice and fire your fVcking a$$ because a loser is a loser.

(He stares at Elias for a sec, and then picking up his briefcase, goes into inner office with Lou

God, I have to watch this but it's been painful. I know Lou want to say it't not coaching but they look so freaking disorganized. I also have to give Neverson some credit, we tried to get tougher on our D but they have just been making mitakes all year long. I hate to use the adage of one game at a time, one shift at a time but the devs really need to button down and take that to heart.

Because you beat me by one goal? Haha we should also take a screen shot of the time I beat you 12-2. Series is at 2-1 in my favor buddy!

I was the Sabres lolz yeah really surprising win there :rolleyes: btw it was lag city the last game when I won, and I'm running on FiOS's fastest internet connection so it couldn't have been me :noclue: ..

We all know you're a closet Canucks fan anyway, soooo..

76823_10150135840349937_659614936_7811788_292167_n.jpg

Edited by Colin226

Haha way to go Facebook creeping!

I absolutely love their uniforms and would definitely consider getting one. Probably a Kesler or Burrows one.. I like their team a lot as well.

Obv I'm a Devils fan. But I watch Montreal and Vancouver whenever I can.

It was probably me that was causing the lag. I have Comcast xfinity and it is SUPPOSED to be fast but when someone else is on a computer somewhere in the house it gets slowed down for some reason... it sucks. But next time we play I'm sure it'll be fine.

I posted ealier that it would be Dveils 5-2 while that would be great it would also be the ultimate if we were down like 8-0 with a couple minutes left in the third. The Devils would proceed to have a bench-clearing meltdown causing numerous injuries and indefinite suspensions. JMac and Lou would be forced to call up minor leaguers to fill every roster spot. From this point on the minor league roster Devils would go on a 40 game win streak breaking the previous win streak held by the Flyers. The Devils would reach the Stanley Cup Finals only to lose to Apollo Creed by decision.

Haha way to go Facebook creeping!

I absolutely love their uniforms and would definitely consider getting one. Probably a Kesler or Burrows one.. I like their team a lot as well.

Obv I'm a Devils fan. But I watch Montreal and Vancouver whenever I can.

It was probably me that was causing the lag. I have Comcast xfinity and it is SUPPOSED to be fast but when someone else is on a computer somewhere in the house it gets slowed down for some reason... it sucks. But next time we play I'm sure it'll be fine.

I knew there had to be a pic of you in a Canucks jersey or shirt, but this was close..

We should try to play at night.. Comcast is usually faster then..