Quality Teammate -0.134

PDrawn 0.9/60

PTaken 0.0/60

CorRel 13.7

GFON/60 1.84 GFOFF/60 0.92 +.92

SFON/60 27.1 SFOFF/60 15.2 +11.9

Goals: +-ON/60 - +-OFF/60 = .92 - -1.34 = 2.26

Shots: +-ON/60 - +-OFF/60 = +11.9 - +6.9 = +5

This guy is a stats freak although not looking overly impressive, especially for a rookie.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

care to explain what that means to the less informed?

While he starts in the offensive zone 55.7% of the time, which is generous...he finishes in the offensive zone over 65% of the time. This shows he has great territorial dominance when on the ice. He has weak linemates but plays against a stronger competition. He takes no penalties but draws a penalty every 3 games or so. Corsi isn't the ideal stat but it shows the team throws a lot more at the opposing teams net then against when he is on the ice. The goals for and against per 60 minutes are pretty self explanatory.

While he starts in the offensive zone 55.7% of the time, which is generous...he finishes in the offensive zone over 65% of the time. This shows he has great territorial dominance when on the ice. He has weak linemates but plays against a stronger competition. He takes no penalties but draws a penalty every 3 games or so. Corsi isn't the ideal stat but it shows the team throws a lot more at the opposing teams net then against when he is on the ice. The goals for and against per 60 minutes are pretty self explanatory.

tut tut jason - gabe's tables are screwed up. vasyunov's shots on ice for is correct. his shots OFF ice is not correct though - it is actually 32.6, i believe. plus his save percentage ON is way higher than most other players and i don't think that's his doing.

oh i see. you wrote it down wrong. his shots OFF is 32 (which is very confusing and i can't quite make sense of), but his shots against while no ice is very low as well

Edited by Triumph

tut tut jason - gabe's tables are screwed up. vasyunov's shots on ice for is correct. his shots OFF ice is not correct though - it is actually 32.6, i believe. plus his save percentage ON is way higher than most other players and i don't think that's his doing.

oh i see. you wrote it down wrong. his shots OFF is 32 (which is very confusing and i can't quite make sense of), but his shots against while no ice is very low as well

I didn't show the team while he is off the ice..I can add that if needed. That was part of my MVP stat I created last year.

Edit: I see you meant shot's while off the ice.

Shots

+-ON/60 - +-OFF/60 = +11.9 - +6.9 = +5

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

I didn't show the team while he is off the ice..I can add that if needed. That was part of my MVP stat I created last year.

Edit: I see you meant shot's while off the ice.

Shots

+-ON/60 - +-OFF/60 = +11.9 - +6.9 = +5

yeah. vasyunov has been on for an amazingly low number of shots against, but as i look at players from 09-10 who played 40+ games, that's just going to be unsustainable. i'd be curious where he settles in, but 15.2 shots against/60 isn't possible. zharkov was one of the best with 20.7 shots against/60.

At game 21 I feel it's time for Lou to bring in a speaker for tonight's game:

Speaker: Let me have your attention for a moment! So you're talking about what? You're talking about...(puts out his cigarette)...bitching about that goal you shot, some son of a b&tch that crosschecks and no call, the fans that are booing, some broad you're trying to screw and so forth. Let's talk about something important. Are they all here?

Lou: All but one.

Speaker: Well, I'm going anyway. Let's talk about something important! (to Kovalchuk) Put that coffee down!! Coffee's for scorers only. (Kovalchuk scoffs) Do you think I'm fvcking with you? I am not fvcking with you and I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's Kovalchuk?

Kovalchuk: Yeah.

Speaker: Go and do likewise, gents. The goals are out there, you score them, it's yours. You don't--I have no sympathy for you. You wanna go out on the ice tonight and score, it's yours. If not you're going to be shining my shoes. Bunch of losers sitting around in a bar. (in a mocking weak voice) "Oh yeah, I used to be a pro hockey player, it's a tough racket." (I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. (to Elias as he puts on his cup rings) And to answer your question, pal: why am I here? I came here because Vanderbeek, Lou and the fans asked me to, they asked me for a favor. I said, the real favor, follow my advice and fire your fVcking a$$ because a loser is a loser.

(He stares at Elias for a sec, and then picking up his briefcase, goes into inner office with Lou

Didn't want quote the entire thing, but I'm embarrased that it took me more than five seconds to get the Glengarry Glen Ross reference and it was too good to go unpraised.

Well done!

:burn::gd::burn:

Here we are again!

At the steps of Lord Stanleys Church!

:pray: Praying to the Hockey Gods that this team can turn it around!!!! :pray:

:pray: A prayer for 60 minute effort!

:pray::pray: A pray for some signs of team heart!

:pray::pray::pray: And prayers for a Kovy goal scoring streak to begin!

:burn: The Dr. is tired, and I'm waiting to collect on some worthless souls!!!! :burn: