GDT: NJ Devils vs. Washington Capitals

Colin226

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they win. But 12 points in 18 games? Yea sorry they aren't making the playoffs.

Good thing the playoffs aren't decided today. Any team in the conference at any point this season can go through a horrible dry spell like the Devils have. I mean, Crosby can break his leg tomorrow and then the Pens are circa 2001 all over again. (Likely? Admittedly, no. But possible.)

NJ has the talent to NOT be a bottom feeder. It's just a matter of doing it now. It's so cliched, but one game at a time, because after a win tonight (God willing), they don't need to go 40-22 anymore. It's 39-22. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I think its too early to say it won't happen.

That said, my biggest concern is that these 40 minutes, this game, is the aberration, everyone's hopes get raised, and then its Letdown City against Calgary and NYI.

That said, my biggest concern is that these 40 minutes, this game, is the aberration, everyone's hopes get raised, and then its Letdown City against Calgary and NYI.

Your points are well said and taken, but, after the debacale of the first twenty it would be nice to see this team where it belongs, at upper third of the standings. Lets just enjoy this one, and the next, and the next....... :burn:

Something else we havn't said so far this season, a good first 40 solid minutes!!!

Good thing the playoffs aren't decided today. Any team in the conference at any point this season can go through a horrible dry spell like the Devils have. I mean, Crosby can break his leg tomorrow and then the Pens are circa 2001 all over again. (Likely? Admittedly, no. But possible.)

NJ has the talent to NOT be a bottom feeder. It's just a matter of doing it now. It's so cliched, but one game at a time, because after a win tonight (God willing), they don't need to go 40-22 anymore. It's 39-22. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I think its too early to say it won't happen.

Yea exactly. I'm not gonna think we're on to something just yet and then get let down.

No I'm just telling you I didn't see the commercial lol.

Oh. Alright. And I do understand what you are saying with the whole not wanting to give your hopes up, but you have to admit, this game is making you start to go ape sh!t.....

Edited by Quinn01

Your points are well said and taken, but, after the debacale of the first twenty it would be nice to see this team where it belongs, at upper third of the standings. Lets just enjoy this one, and the next, and the next....... :burn:

Something else we havn't said so far this season, a good first 40 solid minutes!!!

Don't get me wrong. I totally agree, would love to see a top 1/3 of the NHL Devils team, I DO think it COULD happen, and yeah, it's gotta start somewhere, so why not right now? A five game winning streak puts them right back on the playoff bubble.

And for the record, I say this team belong in the top SIXTH of the NHL. Call me an optimist, or a crazy person, but I think Brian Rolston still has something left in the tank, and will contribute to this team's rise from the cellar.

Yea definitely a surprise. Hopefully Kovalchuck can get one too

To be honest, it was quite refreshing to see him give up that nice saucer pass rather then just being selfish like he has tended to be in the past....even if it didnt result in a goal. It was him showing trust in his team mates, even the youngins.

Zajac winning 8 for 11 face-offs. :hail:

Don't get me wrong. I totally agree, would love to see a top 1/3 of the NHL Devils team, I DO think it COULD happen, and yeah, it's gotta start somewhere, so why not right now? A five game winning streak puts them right back on the playoff bubble.

And for the record, I say this team belong in the top SIXTH of the NHL. Call me an optimist, or a crazy person, but I think Brian Rolston still has something left in the tank, and will contribute to this team's rise from the cellar.

:hail: Testify my friend!!!!!!

Reguardless of how this season ends, will be here till the end!!!!! :yay: