GDT 11/27/10 Flyers @ Devils 1pm

njdevil26

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. Kovalchuk has made a career out of playing historically in the weakest division in all of hockey which has inflated his numbers. Put him up against quality teams and he folds.

lol dude... are you for real... what happened in your childhood exactly (if youre out of it) that youre so negative...? there's people you can talk to and stuff for help man

the more you post ur becoming a running joke of negativity... i'd be willing to put money on the fact that if we win the cup that youre gonna complain already about the cup hangover we're gonna have and sh!t like that lol

get a cute puppy or something if youre unhappy in life man, you must be one hell of a crazy emo fan

cheer up man :cheers: we got a win against the flyers no need for negativity here

He actually had a pretty good game today. I'll take unfinished chances over floating around in circles, because if he keeps getting chances, he'll score... eventually.

they had no business winning that game, but Moose is on a run. hopefully he can stay on it for another week or so.

lol dude... are you for real... what happened in your childhood exactly (if youre out of it) that youre so negative...? there's people you can talk to and stuff for help man

the more you post ur becoming a running joke of negativity... i'd be willing to put money on the fact that if we win the cup that youre gonna complain already about the cup hangover we're gonna have and sh!t like that lol

get a cute puppy or something if youre unhappy in life man, you must be one hell of a crazy emo fan

cheer up man :cheers: we got a win against the flyers no need for negativity here

All I'll add is that if this team was built as advertised we wouldn't be living in fear of the MIGHTY FLYERS to begin with.

There was a time not so long ago when we looked forward to playing Philthy - are those days well behind us?

But at least they won - with some key folks not in.

Tri,

I usually agree with you on most things. But I cannot in good conscience agree with you on Kovalchuk's play. He's been horrible. There's no excuse or reasoning to hide it. And he had at best, a mediocre game today and looked clumsy on a number of shot attempts.

I know he's better than this. He looks like he's not playing to his skill level. He actually needs to be more selfish and just go apesh!t on the ice. Thats what we paid him for. I dont know what to say about him.

But he's been a liability far more than a positive so far. He lost a handful of pucks today in the offensive zone that even I could have maintained, just a total lack of concentration and brainless activity.

He looks almost uncomfortable and I can't put a finger on it why.

the left-right walk shot has to go though, it's the most predictable move in hockey. a couple of the above mentioned flubs came on that.

that move is so telegraphed that I could defend it, and I can barely skate

yes - this move is terribly obvious. mogilny would do it the reverse in 00-01 and scored about 15 goals on that play alone. the difference is that kovalchuk can't seem to get the separation and never keeps going on the wall to get defenders even thinking about it.

what they need to do is practice this play (it happens 3-5 times a game) and have options (a trailer that keeps going behind kovy so he can drop it, another winger that comes down the other side who he can hit in stride to go at the net, a center creating a pick, etc).

All I'll add is that if this team was built as advertised we wouldn't be living in fear of the MIGHTY FLYERS to begin with.

There was a time not so long ago when we looked forward to playing Philthy - are those days well behind us?

But at least they won - with some key folks not in.

yeah but what helped the Flyers is that they got 2 first round pick in 2003... Richards and Carter and they managed to keep both to a really fair cap hit so that help a lot.... cant remember why they had 2 first round but anyways...

I petition DM to add this as an official smiley (saw it on HF):moosegrin.gifEDIT: For some reason it seems to show up in the replys but not when I'm on the actual post page. It's here if it doesn't show up on the board:http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=29209222&postcount=702

+10

I don't care if we played bad...we definitely played good games where the opponent got away with the 2 points.

Its time we get some lucky bounces coming our way.

Right now the objective is to squeeze every point you can to actually be able to get to the playoffs.I don't have to add that we don't really care how we get those points...I don't care if we win every game 1-0 from an Adham Mair,Rod Pelley,Hedberg or even a Kovalchuk goal (BTW a Kovy goal would really be good since we are paying the guy 100 MiLLIONS)

Good to finally beat the Flyers even though it was in the shootout skills competition. Good shootout goals by Arnott and Zajac to win the game. Hedberg is finally playing like we all thought he would when he signed the $1.5M contract. Kovy did have a strong game on both offense and the defense sides. Even though he didn't score he had a lot of SOG and oppurtunities. He made some mistakes just like the rest of these players, but he will come around and have a breakout game to get him going for the season.

Patrik and his wife Petra had a baby girl today. Sophia Gabriella was 5 lbs, 12 oz and she is 18" long. Congratulations to Patrik and Petra!

Elias welcomes daughter

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/elias_welcomes_daughter/

In case you missed it, Devils left wing Patrik Elias and his wife, Petra, welcomed a baby daughter named Sophia Gabriella today. She’s the couple’s first child.

Sophia weighed in at five pounds, 12 ounces and measured 18 inches. According to Elias’ website, mom and baby are doing well.

Edited by SatansDevils