An evasive Lou Lamoriello says Devils won't make a move.

Maddog

Same. Was temporarily terrified.

Why? Steve Ott's the type of player we all hoped Clarkson would become (score 15-20 goals, 35-40 points and play nasty), but right now Clarkson's not doing any of the above - ergo we could actually use a guy like Ott.

Edited by NJDevs4978

After reading Lou's comments it still amazes me how good he is at answering questions without giving any answers. :evil:

that's what he's done with his roster construction - none of these guys are answers.

its why i said after the pitt loss, this team's motto (other than my hashtag of #operation1stoverall) should be "Answers will be Questioned".

Lou's the Donald Rumsfeld of hockey.

I expect his next press conference to be one with memorable quotes such as, "There are known knowns there are things we know that we know.

There are known unknowns;that is to say,there are things that we now know

we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns;there are things we do not know we don’t know." He'll also tell us that he knows where our talent is and that it's somewhere north, south, east and west of the Rock. When asked about the team he'll respond, "We have to go with the team we have not the team we wish to have."

At this point what can anyone expect in return? Langenbrunner is not getting younger, is at the end of a contract, and is not performing up to capabilities. Does anyone honestly expect a 1st round pick or a possible proven player in return?

Rolston/Zubrus/Elias/White are in the same boat. Add Brodeur too

If the team is that dreadful, then Lou should consider trading for whatever he can get. At least he will take their contracts off our hands and make us free to "wiggle" in the offseason.

The other option is waiving those guys so they're not part of the team, although their money will still be on the books.

It's the biggest quagmire of Lou's career. I'm afraid there's no solution. None.

He asked players to waive their no-trades, only to get negative responses in return from other teams.

There's a serious morale issue on the Devils, and I'm afraid there's no way out.

Lou would have made a move already if there was anything out there worth trading for if there was any way for us to improve our team via a trade.

Who do we have that offers any value to other teams ( and dont have NTC's)?

Zajac Parise Marty A-train(NTC?) JJ Teddy Urbom maybe a couple of other prospects.

Langs - NTC and one year remaining on current contract = not much value . maybe 2nd round pick or 3/4 pairing D with similar contract.

Clarkson - a lot of teams already have this type of player on their team that is either younger or cheaper.

White - NTC. Maybe waive at deadline ot play for a contending team. 2nd round pick in return

Greene - good $ contract but 1 year left and is currently tied for 2nd last in entire league for +/- . Return would be minimal.

Zubs - one of our hardest working forwards , has size and good on the cycle , can play wing or center. Contract $ is somewhat horrible though for what his production numbers are.

Arnott - see Zubrus. Playoff renal for another team. 2nd round pick in return maybe. Leaves us thin for centers.

Elias - $ contract + length + NTC + age = only lateral trade. Would be getting back same type of salary + age in return. Not worth giving up Elias ( career Devil) for that.

I would hope that Parise and Marty are untouchable and assume they are. Same goes for our prospects as we need them at their cap friendly contracts to plug in and use to be cap compliant.

That leaves Zajac and ....

If we move Zajac , what the hell do we have left for centers?

We need a PMD and losing Zajac to get one would leave us with Arnott Zubs/JJ as our top 3 centers???????

Only thing I can see possible is Zajac + for a decent PMD and prospect C.

Somethign along the lines of Zajac + ? for Cole+Bergland or ????? Can't see the Blues going for that.

My dreamworld trades :

Marty+ salary dump 2m+ (Clarkson/Rolston/Zubs) to TB for Vinny Lecav.

TB needs a #1 goalie. Gives us a C we need that is big , good in all situations and still can put up 70+ points.

Negatives are that his contract is horrible. 7.7 ish mil for like the next 8 years or something ...

We would then have about 13 million tied up for two players for the next 8 years.... lol

Zajac+ Salary dump? to ??? for a PMD. Calgary and the Blues rumored to be looking for a young C.

Options maybe Regher ( not really a PMD though and getting up there in age)

Cole or Polak from the Blues?

If Calgary is in re-build mode , Elias + for Iggy :)

VLecav is pretty dug in with Tampa Bay. If he goes anywhere it's Montreal and probably as a rental for the playoffs if by some chance TB is out by the deadline(not likely).

Jarome Iginla is like the only thing Calgary's got.

Please check the thread I made on UFAs RFAs and trades for more possibilities!(shameless self-promotion) :rolleyes: