GDT 12/11/10 vs. Red Wings

jagknife

Mark Fayne? Are you kidding me? We're gonna get out our hole with Mark Fayne playing defense? somebody shoot me please

btw, what happened to Tyler Eckford, Zharkov, and Palmieri? Why are we still calling up scrubs like Fayne when we have these prospects itching to get a shot.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fayne is just a kid and one mistake didn't cost the team the game. It was a bad one, but he has been a good player.

Maclean shouldn't be faulted for the losses this season. I don't know what people expect a coach to do. He isn't shooting the puck, passing, checking or fighting. Lot of hard work, but no confidence behind it.

Kovalchuk should drop the gloves, thrash talk, instigate, or do something he doesn't do. That "A" on his chest doesn't stand for Assclown. The hundred million dollar question is if he will.

Edited by Chorske17

Maclean shouldn't be faulted for the losses this season. I don't know what people expect a coach to do. He isn't shooting the puck, passing, checking or fighting. Lot of hard work, but no confidence behind it.

I blame him for the team coming out absolutely unprepared and just looking slow. This game was lost in (literally) the first three minutes. Yes, this particular example was largely marty's fault, but how many times this season have we been destroyed in the first ten minutes of a game?

I'm so done with Jmac. So done. I have no faith that he'll be able to compose a winning team in the next few years, no matter what NHL roster he's given.

You know it's bad and getting worse when last nights game thread hit 15 pages and this one hits 5.....

Its Saturday night. Give it till about noon and it'll be up to 15.

Great seats (sec 6) brutal game. Absolutely brutal. It was over so quickly lol. I was surrounded by children, which actually was kinda nice as they were into the game the entire time and trying to chant and all that. But still.

There is no chemistry to this team whatsoever and something is seriously wrong. Its time for a major shakeup and it begins on the bench. Fire Johnny Mac. Yesterday.

It goes so much deeper than that. their defense is a pit of despair. Zajac is their best PMD and it shows when he plays the point on the PP.

that second goal is so on Marty, but Corrente is barely even in the frame... where he was, who knows. that seems to be a theme with him. he needs to go back to the A and re-learn to play his position, because he couldn't have been this bad before they converted him to wing.

I don't even feel like discussing the shooting gallery that was the second period or that fourth goal, which hurts my brain. yeah, just go shadow Tallinder and leave Datsyuk with a mile of space and 3-4 seconds to work with.

It goes so much deeper than that. their defense is a pit of despair. Zajac is their best PMD and it shows when he plays the point on the PP.

that second goal is so on Marty, but Corrente is barely even in the frame... where he was, who knows. that seems to be a theme with him. he needs to go back to the A and re-learn to play his position, because he couldn't have been this bad before they converted him to wing.

I don't even feel like discussing the shooting gallery that was the second period or that fourth goal, which hurts my brain. yeah, just go shadow Tallinder and leave Datsyuk with a mile of space and 3-4 seconds to work with.

Fayne royally f-ed that play up. he should be sent down immediately, back to back bad games

I totally agree that the problem is deeper than Mac, but something jarring needs to be done. Something that will rattle the team and wake them up.

I totally agree that the problem is deeper than Mac, but something jarring needs to be done. Something that will rattle the team and wake them up.

you're still rolling the same defensemen out there. you can't win with this. no one can. they don't have 6 guys on a given night that even DESERVE to play. Fayne and Corrente are on two different pairs wrecking things right and left.

Greene is an abortion right now. Tallinder can only play w/White. White and Volch do what they do but it won't help fix the problem.

when I think Salmela is going to seriously help, we're fvcked. and then I'm going to see him play defensively and realize he's not much better than those two defensively.

Zajac just essentially embarassed our "puck moving defensemen" over the last couple of games.

you're still rolling the same defensemen out there. you can't win with this. no one can. they don't have 6 guys on a given night that even DESERVE to play. Fayne and Corrente are on two different pairs wrecking things right and left.

Greene is an abortion right now. Tallinder can only play w/White. White and Volch do what they do but it won't help fix the problem.

when I think Salmela is going to seriously help, we're fvcked. and then I'm going to see him play defensively and realize he's not much better than those two defensively.

Zajac just essentially embarassed our "puck moving defensemen" over the last couple of games.

"his name is adam larsson" (think Fight Club)

Just get MacLean the fvck out of here already.

I sms'd that, bbm'd that, and emailed that same thought over and over again tonight to everyone I know

I was going write a long rant and explain why he needs to go exactly 10 mins after the Devils' x-mas party on Sunday, but I am too drained to do it.

He is clueless, and has lost the team. Bye, bye.

I agree with everyone that we suck. But this team's problems go much deeper than just Johnny Mac. We get rid of him, and we're still going to suck.

I'd rather we continue purging the aging vets like we did this past offseason. Cut the dead wood.

This is our chance to remake ourselves.

I sms'd that, bbm'd that, and emailed that same thought over and over again tonight to everyone I know

I was going write a long rant and explain why he needs to go exactly 10 mins after the Devils' x-mas party on Sunday, but I am too drained to do it.

He is clueless, and has lost the team. Bye, bye.

He should've lost his sh!t on the Clarkson no-goal last night. He's the worst kind of bad coach- not only does he suck, he has the emotion of a dead toad. No worse combination for a head coach than that.