GDT 12/11/10 vs. Red Wings

jagknife

Mac needs to go.

I was there today, and fkin Zetterberg and Dats were out against our 4th Line for half the game.

2 fkin goals were scored while the 4th line was out vs Zetterberg and Dats

Fk u Mac, the worst fkin Coach ever

The matchups were ridiculous tonight.

Had a great chat with some Wings fans during the 2nd intermission, nice people, came in from Detroit just from the game. Thats about the only highlight of the night at the Rock. Getting sh!tty at Arena Bar before was kinda cool. 1 hot waitress, 1 okay one, 1 fug, 1 busty bartender, 1 cute one, and a dude who looked about 12. Ill go back. The wings smelled bad though but I think thats cause the dweebs next to me ordered the boneless. No partridge in a pear tree though.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what irked me the most about going tonight? seeing ALL of the Detroit coaches, and coach clueless nowhere to be seen. Robinson, Oates and Terreri were out on the bench, but not the almighty mac. Babcock was on the bench watching intently, strategizing. mac was polishing his head.

you know what irked me the most about going tonight? seeing ALL of the Detroit coaches, and coach clueless nowhere to be seen. Robinson, Oates and Terreri were out on the bench, but not the almighty mac. Babcock was on the bench watching intently, strategizing. mac was polishing his head.

Probably calling his realtor asking about putting his house on the market. Hope he rented.

Marty should just retire. What does he need to prove with this team anymore?

..he continues to play for 2 reasons..

*1. To further inflate his regular season wins record, in an effort to make it unattainable.

*2. To win another Stanley Cup.

..another Championship post the "Neutral Zone Trap Devils" era, would dismiss any such doubt people may or may not have of Brodeur, being the product of a great defense. (ie: Stevens.. Daneyko.. Niedermayer.. Rafalski.. etc.)

Not to mention, a 4th Stanley Cup gives him as many as Roy.. which I'm sure Marty cares about deep down.

Edited by Beezer34

Are you talking about during the warm-up?

*1. To further inflate his regular season wins record, in an effort to make it unattainable.

..another Championship post the "Neutral Zone Trap Devils" era, would dismiss any such doubt people may or may not have of Brodeur, being the product of a great defense. (ie: Stevens.. Daneyko.. Niedermayer.. Rafalski.. etc.)

Not to mention, a 4th Stanley Cup gives him as many as Roy.. which I'm sure Marty cares about deep down.

2 things

1-----not going to get many more wins this year.

2-----well never raise the cup with this group ....never ever.

Edited by hit the post

He should've lost his sh!t on the Clarkson no-goal last night. He's the worst kind of bad coach- not only does he suck, he has the emotion of a dead toad. No worse combination for a head coach than that.

The absolute final straw, If I really needed one, was that Corrente was out once and Fayne once on the 2 goals from the Datsyuk line. We are the f-ing home team, how does that happen?

MacLean is clueless

Marty has $5.5M or so reasons to keep on playing. nobody's going to pay you like that again, so you take it. lol, although I'm sure he's thinking "what the fvck is this" alot more than he used to. they should have had him mic'd up when the pass went to Datsyuk.

at somepoint, he got his stick got caught on one of the wings, it looked like marty was favoring his right arm a little, and if i was him, i woulda went down in a heap to get pulled and earn my game check anyway.

OK, I would love to see him do that. But I really don't think he is capable of playing on that level anymore -- unless he gets traded to a Red Wings-caliber team.

His game has slipped so bad it's not funny. And I say that as a Marty fan.

The absolute final straw, If I really needed one, was that Corrente was out once and Fayne once on the 2 goals from the Datsyuk line. We are the f-ing home team, how does that happen?

MacLean is clueless

the fact Fayne was out there at so many crucial points tonight was a disgrace. he screwed it up last night, he took the absolute wrong angle to the puck holmstrom/tallinder were racing for and left datsuyk all alone.

he's gotten worse and worse game after game, it is time to move him back to albany and give eckford a shot or even call urbom back up

MacLean is clueless

Actually the 2 goals from that line was during our 4th line aswell. I was there, in section 5. I was talking with a

wings fan, surprised that they had it so ez

yeah, sorry meant to add that in

if you're team is in a horrendous rut, you should be out there, like the other, proven coach did

lol, I don't think I've ever seen any Devils coach go out for warmups, Babcock might be the exception to the rule and you can't tell anything from warmups anyway - except maybe who's playing for the other team, that's about it. This is what you should be getting on Mac about:

Especially in the third period, I was going ape**** when Mac had the fourth line out down two goals right after our power play was over. You know they're getting their big guns out on the ice right after they kill the penalty, you cannot have the fourth line out there in that spot. Someone needs to tell our head coach it's okay to shorten the bench when you're in the last ten minutes, down two goals with three days off before the next game.

Of course Marty sunk them way before that with the first two minutes but Mac's idiotic coaching was the last nail in the coffin after we had some life in the third.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I've gotten to the point where I just go out and live my life and check the game updates on twitter. No reason to stay in and watch.

This happens to every team though. Everyone has to throw up a clunker here and there.

Edited by mmajeski06

I watched the game, and honestly was expecting that Jmac would resign during the post-game interview.

its better to be fired than to quit. if you quit, other people will look at you and say you gave up, if you're fired, you say the last team quit on you. gives you an out if someone is ever dumb enough to bring him on as a NHL coach

Marty continues to play for 2 reasons..

OK, I would love to see him do that. But I really don't think he is capable of playing on that level anymore -- unless he gets traded to a Red Wings-caliber team.

His game has slipped so bad it's not funny. And I say that as a Marty fan.

..and that's fine. But the DESIRE factor, still exists.

There is still (albeit of lesser value imo) the; "love for the game" semblance at play here with Brodeur. The same passion Brett Favre claims to be his driving force, season after season after season.

..however, make no mistake about it. #1: Favre wants to win a Superbowl away from Green Bay. #2: Favre wants to push the *TD's & *Games Played record(s), way beyond 500 & 300 respectably.

Get what I'm saying here? ;)

btw, they had 9 forwards on their PP. logic dictates who is coming out after the PP. what obviously happened here is that Babcock had the luxury of holding his best players back and took advantage. not that it matters, they rampaged everyone they played against. and the fourth goal had little to do with forwards.

Edited by maxpower

..and that's fine. But the DESIRE factor, still exists.

There is still (albeit of lesser value imo) the; "love for the game" semblance at play here with Brodeur. The same passion Brett Favre claims to be his driving force, season after season after season.

..however, make no mistake about it. #1: Favre wants to win a Superbowl away from Green Bay. #2: Favre wants to push the *TD's & *Games Played record(s), way beyond 500 & 300 respectably.

Get what I'm saying here? ;)

I do get what you're saying. And that's fine, too.

Marty has the talent to play in this league for a long long time, I would imagine. But he has set a standard of playing at a very high level, a level at which I don't think he is capable of reaching anymore.

The longer he sticks around, the more apparent it's going to be that he is slipping. And it's going to be sad to watch, as a fan.

In talking with people, I already hear the whispers from fans and nonfans alike. It's only a matter of time before announcers and other national media types start speaking out publicly.

I might be in the minority here...but being this bad...not as bad as I thought. I guess it has only been 30 games so far. But if you're going to be bad for one year, might as well be this bad.

There have been some really bad teams for years who have never got a really good top pick (Coyotes, Panthers, Jackets come to mind). Not saying the Devils will get a sure fire thing. But they'll have a chance.

Edit: I know there are a lot of people who have invested a lot of money in this team who not be thinking that.

Edited by devilsrule33